Freelancer Advanced Mod

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by HunterKiller.

• Happy to anounce the Freelancer Advanced v0.77.

Server Homepage:
    FlyByU's Server Home Page

The Server is now running Vanilla Freelancer

The server no longer runs this mod however, you can still D/L it and play it in Open single player.

Links Below

D/L Here at Swat-Portal

Server Name: FlyByU's Server Home Page
    IP Address: 98.226.84.251
    Port: 2302

Mod Features:

Freelancer Advanced v0.77
    Created By: FlyByU

New Features in version 0.77

*Open Singleplayer built in mod*

1.] 14 total Power Plant Upgrades.

2.] Tweeked a many more weapons

3.] Lowered Nomad AI

4.] Increased loot drop rate by 20%

5.] Added the Armored Transport for players 2,000 cargo 30,000 armor can use frighter shields and all upgrades...

6.] Planet Toledo is now in the upper unknown system

Several more things have been done you will have to play to find out...

New Features in version 0.76

1.] 1 New Power Plant Upgrade.

2.] NPC Traders will drop all cargo.

3.] Turrets on all Freighters are moved to better positions for better field of fire.

4.] You can haul 2x the amount of commodities then before.

5.] Real Space and it looks very nice.

6.] Player levels should go to 89 now.

6.] Sight range increased you can see stations, planets, trade lanes etc... from a longer distance now.

7.] Several tweaks to ships, weapons, and systems.

8.] NPC AI is much lower then before so that New players have an easier time & so that battles are not so tedious.

9.] New jump-hole effect.

9.] 7 New ships.

New Features in version 0.75

Many tweaks all over the place so many I cant remember them all. Be ready its going to be better then ever.

Several changes have been made to accommodate the world of the TRADER: Cargo Capacity, Shields, and More. Dromedary & Humpback = 1200 Cargo.

1.] New Lootable Nomad turret that works on all ships. Must kill a Nomad Gun Boat to get them. (One H*LL of an Entrepreneurial opportunity for the Go-Getter with vision. Collect them to sell to other players for their Freighters)

2.] Regenerative Nomad Armor, (Loot-able) It regenerates so you do not have to use as many Nanobots.

3.] New Nomad Countermeasures.

4.] Cruise speed 500, flight speed is now 120.

5.] All Turrets class 7 and above have 25% more damage with the same power usage as the gun.

6.] Code weapon Turrets have been fixed to have the same range and velocity as the guns.

7.] 3 new shields that are like the nomad shield except you can buy these at Planet Toledo. There are 3 classes: Light Fighter, Heavy/Very heavy Fighter, & Freighter.

8.] All Player Freighter shields are 25% stronger and regenerate 25% faster except the new Hybrid shield.

9.] All Player Freighters have 2x the Bots/Batts & 2x the cargo they once had making the max cargo now 1200 for the Humpback & Dromedary.

10.] We have cap ship encounters back in the mod as well, with Battleships, Cruisers, Destroyers, and Gunboats. Factions with Cap ship Encounters are: All House Military, Nomads, and the Order. (Nomad Fleets do not have the Battleship)

11.] The Navy fleets are now much more powerful and have much more armor now they also carry a Fleet Commander which is worth $10+ Million Credits.

12.] Order weapons have been improved they are now class 7, 9, & 10

13.] Scanner range has been improved; you can now see a player within 40k+.

14.] 2 Billion+ is the new limit for credits.

15.] Players now have a bank they can use to store credits on there account.

16.] Players Levels go to 89 now.

17.] Improved all shield buster guns.

18.] All Military Bases now have high paying/high level missions so watch what mission you take as you may not survive.

19.] Improved NPC AI they get better as you get better. The higher the mission level/or better ship they fly the tougher the NPC's are.

20.] Additional Equipment changes: See your local Shipyard for more details. 2 Tractor Beams 2 new Power Plants

21.] NPC's spawn a few more ships now.

Many things that were great, about v0.74, have been retained in v0.75:

1.) Nomad shield that is loot-able and you can use it on your ship. It is resistant to damage from all gun weapon types except Nomad and Code guns. (Its greatest weaknesses are Mines and Missiles)

2.) Nomad Weapons 8% more powerful and take 15% less energy per shot.
    All nomad weapons have been redone they are much better now. (To test this, just pick a fight with a few of them. Hee Hee)

3.) All Energy missiles use 15% less energy per shot.

4.) Made a new Energy Mine. A very powerful mine to have on your side.

5.) Redone, is the reputation of Nomads, so this time the Nomads stay hostile.

6.) 7 new Nomad wrecks in 6 Nomad Infested Systems with surprises on them, and 12 other new wrecks in the other NPC systems. You will have to find them on your own. That is a total of 19 new wrecks have been placed, and one additional Nomad* system opened up to hide the best one in. (In addition, some Vanilla Wrecks have had some Weapons or Commodities changed or increased)

7.) A new System is open, the Nomad Home World system, moreover, it is very populated, to put it mildly. (If you enjoy fighting Nomads, this system has got to be your target destination)

8.) Made several equipment items drop rates better

9.) Fast Docking

10.)Max Missiles, Mines, and CM's is 120

11.) Nine new pieces of equipment: Shield Generators. They increase the regeneration rate of shields. (The first time you Mount, one of these Puppies, You WILL want to come back for more)

Many things that were great, about v0.73, have been retained in v0.74:

1. CM's and Energy Missiles do not use Ammo. (Simply Turn Them On) or continue to Launch them with your favorite buttons of choice.

2. Ships, Weapons, Missiles, Mines, CM's, and Equipment can be bought at any level or reputation. If you can land on a base you can buy whatever you like if you have the credits for it.

3. Beefed up all ships by 2x the Armor, Botts/Batts. 2 x the Cargo and all ships. The Dromedary/Humpback are now the best Freighter. Fixed the info cards to show the right info for all ships.

4. Adjusted the system lighting to make it more comfortable and bring out the textures in Bases and ships.

5. Added some of the equipment that was put in the game but not buyable. Added, loot-able/buyable, Scanners (5) and tractor beam, Nomad, and Order thrusters etc.

6. All factions have loot-able pilots.

7. Added many new Jump holes.

8. The Order Weapons have leveled up and have the power usage increased accordingly Class 5 6 & 10 available now.

9. Adjusted Weapons such as the Missiles to do more damage and hit a lot more often

10 Add more damage to mines and increased there speed to 160 and 180 for the seeker mines

11. Adjusted the performance of the torpedoes, and Cruise Disrupters

(Mines, Missiles, Cruise Disrupters track targets like they have Magnets in the Nose now)

12. Guns, Missiles, and Ammo has no level or reputation requirement on it so if you find a weapon or loot a weapon you will be able to buy ammo for it at anytime as well as buy it anytime as long as you have the credits for it.

13. All ships have improved handling. They all turn pretty quick now including freighters

14. Made NPC shields loot-able. These shields are not the player shields. They only regenerate at 5 point per sec so are useless to the player but can be sold (Do not make the mistake of mounting one of these just because it is a Class 10, and you have only a Class 5. You WILL be sorry. Sell it as suggested.)

15. Shipyards are very important now. You can only buy Scanners, Tractor Beams, and Thrusters there.

16. Higher paying missions over 2 million now

17. Shipyards are very important now. Scanners, Tractor Beams, and Thrusters can only be bought at Shipyards. (These items are not for sale at other locations) Shipyards also sell Armor and Power Plant Up-Grades, 10 of each to set your ships up your way.

*The mod will use FLMM v 1.31 to activate*

- The mod base is Freelancer SDK 1.3b files by Louva Deus included.

Swat-Portal

The Freelancer Community

Freelancer Anti Cheat (FLAC)

EOA

Edited 2 times, last by FLYBYU ().

• Maybe you should make sure the NPCs have the SAME shields that we can buy.

Unlike in the normal FL, where if you take out an NPCs shields, it regenerates SO SLOW(1 per second, if I'm right), and unlike CF, where the NPCs have better shields than us.

Just to make it NORMAL.

Anyways, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea!
    Reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean online, where NORMALLY, you can't just kill other players, though you could if you invite them for a special pvp match.
    PvP events are just as well accepted.
    I LOVE your idea.

Make it so.

I've been here since Crossfire 1.5 - 2005.
    Good times.
    Maybe it's time to come back?

• Freelancer Advanced v0.1 Mod is now available on the SWAT Portal, in the Freelancer downloads section, in the "small" mods category (< 10 Mb). 8)

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

Originally posted by Centaurian
    Freelancer Advanced v0.1 Mod is now available on the SWAT Portal, in the Freelancer downloads section, in the "small" mods category (< 10 Mb). 8)

Thx Centaurian [prost]

Come try it out as some say they are tuff enough.

• The SWAT download database has been updated for the new version Freelancer Advanced v0.7... 8)

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

• SWAT database has been updated to FL Advanced v0.73 (sorry for the delay!). 8)

• Updated:

New mod version is out today December 8th, 2008

Freelancer Advanced v0.75

If there is anyone interested in playing the mod in Open Single Player please post HERE and I will see about making one for it.

• Since I always try out a MOD in Single Player first...I guess I'll have to pass up this MOD.

Too bad...it sounds like a great MOD.

I have played every Single Player MOD produced so far. Some are great, some fair and some stink. But I tried them all to see what is coming around the corner in the future.

FL Advanced Mod is one I'll never use unless the SP or Open SP is available.

• does it work in normal SP?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    does it work in normal SP?

No the storyline wont work because I have removed or moved jump holes/gates bases and several of the vanilla factions that the storyline uses.

the new version is 0.77

SWAT download link updated... 8)

• You won't know unless you join the server and see for yourself. It's got what it needs to keep you well equipped. Earning it first it the main part.

Everything works as well as it reads.[104]

"That was your Base dude? My bad."