Happy to anounce the Freelancer Advanced v0.77.
FlyByU's Server Home Page
The Server is now running Vanilla Freelancer
The server no longer runs this mod however, you can still D/L it and play it in Open single player.
Server Name: FlyByU's Server Home Page
IP Address: 126.96.36.199
Freelancer Advanced v0.77
Created By: FlyByU
New Features in version 0.77
*Open Singleplayer built in mod*
1.] 14 total Power Plant Upgrades.
2.] Tweeked a many more weapons
3.] Lowered Nomad AI
4.] Increased loot drop rate by 20%
5.] Added the Armored Transport for players 2,000 cargo 30,000 armor can use frighter shields and all upgrades...
6.] Planet Toledo is now in the upper unknown system
Several more things have been done you will have to play to find out...
New Features in version 0.76
1.] 1 New Power Plant Upgrade.
2.] NPC Traders will drop all cargo.
3.] Turrets on all Freighters are moved to better positions for better field of fire.
4.] You can haul 2x the amount of commodities then before.
5.] Real Space and it looks very nice.
6.] Player levels should go to 89 now.
6.] Sight range increased you can see stations, planets, trade lanes etc... from a longer distance now.
7.] Several tweaks to ships, weapons, and systems.
8.] NPC AI is much lower then before so that New players have an easier time & so that battles are not so tedious.
9.] New jump-hole effect.
9.] 7 New ships.
New Features in version 0.75
Many tweaks all over the place so many I cant remember them all. Be ready its going to be better then ever.
1.] New Lootable Nomad turret that works on all ships. Must kill a Nomad Gun Boat to get them. (One H*LL of an Entrepreneurial opportunity for the Go-Getter with vision. Collect them to sell to other players for their Freighters)
2.] Regenerative Nomad Armor, (Loot-able) It regenerates so you do not have to use as many Nanobots.
3.] New Nomad Countermeasures.
4.] Cruise speed 500, flight speed is now 120.
5.] All Turrets class 7 and above have 25% more damage with the same power usage as the gun.
6.] Code weapon Turrets have been fixed to have the same range and velocity as the guns.
7.] 3 new shields that are like the nomad shield except you can buy these at Planet Toledo. There are 3 classes: Light Fighter, Heavy/Very heavy Fighter, & Freighter.
8.] All Player Freighter shields are 25% stronger and regenerate 25% faster except the new Hybrid shield.
10.] We have cap ship encounters back in the mod as well, with Battleships, Cruisers, Destroyers, and Gunboats. Factions with Cap ship Encounters are: All House Military, Nomads, and the Order. (Nomad Fleets do not have the Battleship)
11.] The Navy fleets are now much more powerful and have much more armor now they also carry a Fleet Commander which is worth $10+ Million Credits.
12.] Order weapons have been improved they are now class 7, 9, & 10
13.] Scanner range has been improved; you can now see a player within 40k+.
14.] 2 Billion+ is the new limit for credits.
15.] Players now have a bank they can use to store credits on there account.
16.] Players Levels go to 89 now.
17.] Improved all shield buster guns.
18.] All Military Bases now have high paying/high level missions so watch what mission you take as you may not survive.
19.] Improved NPC AI they get better as you get better. The higher the mission level/or better ship they fly the tougher the NPC's are.
20.] Additional Equipment changes: See your local Shipyard for more details. 2 Tractor Beams 2 new Power Plants
21.] NPC's spawn a few more ships now.
Many things that were great, about v0.74, have been retained in v0.75:
1.) Nomad shield that is loot-able and you can use it on your ship. It is resistant to damage from all gun weapon types except Nomad and Code guns. (Its greatest weaknesses are Mines and Missiles)
2.) Nomad Weapons 8% more powerful and take 15% less energy per shot.
All nomad weapons have been redone they are much better now. (To test this, just pick a fight with a few of them. Hee Hee)
3.) All Energy missiles use 15% less energy per shot.
4.) Made a new Energy Mine. A very powerful mine to have on your side.
6.) 7 new Nomad wrecks in 6 Nomad Infested Systems with surprises on them, and 12 other new wrecks in the other NPC systems. You will have to find them on your own. That is a total of 19 new wrecks have been placed, and one additional Nomad* system opened up to hide the best one in. (In addition, some Vanilla Wrecks have had some Weapons or Commodities changed or increased)
7.) A new System is open, the Nomad Home World system, moreover, it is very populated, to put it mildly. (If you enjoy fighting Nomads, this system has got to be your target destination)
8.) Made several equipment items drop rates better
9.) Fast Docking
10.)Max Missiles, Mines, and CM's is 120
11.) Nine new pieces of equipment: Shield Generators. They increase the regeneration rate of shields. (The first time you Mount, one of these Puppies, You WILL want to come back for more)
Many things that were great, about v0.73, have been retained in v0.74:
1. CM's and Energy Missiles do not use Ammo. (Simply Turn Them On) or continue to Launch them with your favorite buttons of choice.
2. Ships, Weapons, Missiles, Mines, CM's, and Equipment can be bought at any level or reputation. If you can land on a base you can buy whatever you like if you have the credits for it.
4. Adjusted the system lighting to make it more comfortable and bring out the textures in Bases and ships.
5. Added some of the equipment that was put in the game but not buyable. Added, loot-able/buyable, Scanners (5) and tractor beam, Nomad, and Order thrusters etc.
6. All factions have loot-able pilots.
7. Added many new Jump holes.
8. The Order Weapons have leveled up and have the power usage increased accordingly Class 5 6 & 10 available now.
9. Adjusted Weapons such as the Missiles to do more damage and hit a lot more often
10 Add more damage to mines and increased there speed to 160 and 180 for the seeker mines
11. Adjusted the performance of the torpedoes, and Cruise Disrupters
(Mines, Missiles, Cruise Disrupters track targets like they have Magnets in the Nose now)
12. Guns, Missiles, and Ammo has no level or reputation requirement on it so if you find a weapon or loot a weapon you will be able to buy ammo for it at anytime as well as buy it anytime as long as you have the credits for it.
13. All ships have improved handling. They all turn pretty quick now including freighters
14. Made NPC shields loot-able. These shields are not the player shields. They only regenerate at 5 point per sec so are useless to the player but can be sold (Do not make the mistake of mounting one of these just because it is a Class 10, and you have only a Class 5. You WILL be sorry. Sell it as suggested.)
15. Shipyards are very important now. You can only buy Scanners, Tractor Beams, and Thrusters there.
16. Higher paying missions over 2 million now
17. Shipyards are very important now. Scanners, Tractor Beams, and Thrusters can only be bought at Shipyards. (These items are not for sale at other locations) Shipyards also sell Armor and Power Plant Up-Grades, 10 of each to set your ships up your way.
*The mod will use FLMM v 1.31 to activate*
- The mod base is Freelancer SDK 1.3b files by Louva Deus included.
The Mod and the Server for Die Hard Freelancers
by Lone-Wolf on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:18 pm
I have played on many Mods, and on many servers, (No Names here), over the years, and this has got to be one of the Smoothest Flowing, Most Stable, and well built Mods, and server, that I have ever been on. It has some of the most Agile AI ships that I have ever seen flown. They have an uncanny ability to avoid the Mouse Pointer when I try to shoot them. (Often in Vanilla, they would stop right in front of me and my guns) The Shields and Armor on them is up-graded well beyond vanilla Freelancer. Because of these features, it is much harder for someone who shoots as poorly as I do to win battles, but they are winnable, even by me. If you use missiles, as I rarely do, they will probably be easier for you to kill.
If your desire is to play Freelancer and EARN your way up the Ships/Weapons Ladder, then you will enjoy this Mod.If you are one that wants only "Instant Gratification" and Fast easy Money, then you probably will not be happy on this server. But, If you love PLAYING Freelancer, as I do, and progressing in stages to get better ships and weapons, then you will probably love this one. (As the Mod Builder has said to me, "I wanted to be able to extend the Freelancer experience to more than just ONE DAY") I believe this mod completely fills that desire.
All of the best weapons, shields and other equipment is available to every player, (With exception of some Admin items), and level excluded, all you need is the money to buy any item that suits your fancy. All ships take Level 10 shields, but not all take level 10 weapons, so, you select the ship you like to fly, outfit it with the equipment you want on it, and Fly Your Heart Out!!
If you have the ability, (That I don't have), then you can take your Dagger into missions that pay over 2 Million Credits, and maybe come out with a million more in weapons taken, and maybe 1 or 2 shields that were dropped for and extra million or two, and the money just keeps pouring in. So you see, you will eventually get that long sought "Military Scanner" from one of the many ship yards scattered about.
So the many Freelancer Lovers out there, Come aboard and check this thing out. It is GREAT!!!