A problem, please help

There are 38 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by jjj13.

• Wow... SWAT_OP-R8R himself... (clear throat) :tongue:. Im sorry if i crashed your server, but i think i didn't. When entered the game again, i saw the same players inside, playing...*cough* Good mod btw... ;)

Goodone, Dante reporting:
    I've a xp. It seems that I've got two Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz processors (i dont know if this is true, i cant remember if i have one or two. I'll ask to my father, he is the informatic. And about the afinity, yes, i can select the afinity in every process inside the task manager (cpu 0 and cpu 1).
    I've installed the game and mod following this points:
    1. Deactivated all mods in FLMM.
    2. Uninstalled FLMM.
    3. Uninstalled Freelancer deleting everything that remained.
    4. Installed FLMM 1.31 and it's at: c:\Freelancer Mod Manager
    5. Installed Crossfire 1.7 and it's at: c\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods
    6. Installed Freelancer and it's at: c:\Freelancer
    7. Activated Crossfire 1.7 in FLMM with this Mod options: crossfire trent, classic outfit, imperial march (it remembers me [or reminds me, i have to study more english] a game from 2000 *cough*), starlancer reborn hud, open singleplayer, earth sector, new cursors.
    8. Installed the CF Patch 1.7a at c:\Freelancer
    And nothing more. I didn't launched the game.
    Waiting orders...

• dunno if you needed the patch...

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• i would say...dont install the patch...install the mod at C:/Programfiles/Freelancer Mod Manager without adding the mods directory 2 the path...then it automatically installs in C:/Programfiles/Freelancer Mod Manager/mods/Crossfire1.70

i would say...dont install the patch...install the mod at C:/Programfiles/Freelancer Mod Manager without adding the mods directory 2 the path...then it automatically installs in C:/Programfiles/Freelancer Mod Manager/mods/Crossfire1.70

Well, next time i'll not install the 1.7a. And i've installed in the correct path: C:\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire 1.7. The installer set it up automatically. Thank you wolfie. And next time i'll install at program files. It is i'm trying different ways to install all this... perhaps a different path can fix something... Usually i install the game at "c:\Games\Freelancer", and FLMM at "C:\Program files\Freelancer Mod Manager".

Goodone, did you read my report? What do i do now, comrade?

And a last question: Are there in this mod Coalition ships? I liked the CS Sabre fighter... and the CS Kiev class 1 carrier, base of Black Guard, if i can remember correctly...

• I've unistalled and installed three more times, every combination. With 1.7a patch and without it. Different installation paths. [7] I depend on you... please help...

I can play, but "ids?" and empty names are still there. Perhaps i have to cut and paste something that is not in the right place?
    And another problem: i play a little in the server and then i'm expulsed to the main menu with this message:

"The connection to the server has been lost. Either the server
    you were connected to has crashed, or your Internet
    connection to that server is not working. This is
    usually an intermitent problem. Please try again later." ;(

At least i can play in sigleplayer mode. Lets see if i can find Sol System and the Coalition Territory. I want some fighting... [3]

• it seems i will need to open a special support line for all u guys. just to avoid keeping u wait. sorry for the delay. if u wish, contact me on msg (there info on my profile) this weekend so we can have it done without wait.

ok, let me see what u have done till now.

1. yes, u need the multi-proc patch, plz install it, according to the instructions from the link.
    2. 1.7a patch is not needed, but will not do much harm anyway, just let it update a few times before entering mp. anyway, the rule is that if 1.7 updates without error activating mp button on launcher, u can skip 1.7a patch with no fear.
    3. there's a problem in ur installation, because u r using different paths; plz, uninstall and delete everything again, and install again (using ur paths if u wish) just b sure to install freelancer 1st and flmm 2nd. that way flmm will acknowledge ur fl folder correctly, which it doesn't do if u install it before fl (guide doesn't comprehend advanced users and installation on differents paths, unfortunately, but it was written for typical users in the 1st place),
    4. before u install cf mod as the last one in the process, plz check fl directory setting in flmm (options menu), and turn off read-only option too. then proceed and i think ur troubles r gone away. let it update, start, set the options in cf fl, exit, start again, let it update, enter mp, enjoy life. :D

btw, because u seem like a nice guy, i would like to stay in touch with u regardless ur problems r finito. msg is my prefered contact, just add me if u use it. and c u online. :]

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po

• looks like something when wrong when you downloaded the mod
    some DLL files seem to be damaged or missing
    thats why you have the id problem

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yeah, it is possible, too.

dante, check that ur mod file is 195.8mb. but my guess is that problem is something else, cause cf installation would report error then. imo, it's flmm setting for fl folder, installing cf in the wrong one, and possibly flmm's misbehavior on multi-proc system without the patch for windows, performing activation a bit lacky (cause it doesn't support multithreading).

just try my last instructions. and report. i am sure it will work.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po

btw, because u seem like a nice guy, i would like to stay in touch with u regardless ur problems r finito. msg is my prefered contact, just add me if u use it. and c u online.

Hey, thanks :D. I shall proceed with your instructions, and lets see what happens.

it seems i will need to open a special support line for all u guys. just to avoid keeping u wait. sorry for the delay. if u wish, contact me on msg (there info on my profile) this weekend so we can have it done without wait.

xD. Don't worry, i know you can't be everywhere all time and that we live at different places with different hours. Msg would be efficient, but i think it's unnecesary. I can wait your responds. (And while i'm waiting, i do my homework, or work with my freespace mod, or play armed assault online with a friend, or play with my father at ut2004, etc. Every second is well used).

looks like something when wrong when you downloaded the mod

Hmmm, the mod installer properties says: 195 Mb. I'll download again and see how many Mb is downloading... and make use of a fresh downloaded installer.

Thank you for your help both of you.
    And SWAT_OP-R8R, did you see my reply at freespace forum? It would be an honor working for you. And my holidays are near... that will be a lot of time to work with hobies like modding. ;)

I'll reply with a report of what happened soon...

• Nothing... problem persist. I can't see Freelancer vanilla names like Manhattan, New Berlin, Liberty Navy, Liberty Rogues, station names, goods names, nebula names, some equipment, ships... but the Crossfire mod names shows (Sol, Earth, Dom'Kavash, Coalition, Jupiter, Order Base Under Construction at Mars, Saturn Jumpgate, Valiant cruiser, etc.).

One more thing: my pc has only one processor, but windows says that i have two, there is something wrong here...

• maybe you have corrupted win installation oO

<td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• m8, most of the multi-proc configs have only one processor physically, so that's ok. u have a multi-proc config, that's the only thing important. if u have patched and set windows according to those instructions i state earlier, u r ok with that from now on (btw, u might see some speed improvements on ur comp :]).

now... it seems u have some rather strange problem here.
    hmmm, tell me, did u try running vanilla freelancer at all? and if u did, was it ok? if u didn't try till now, plz try. it seems ur fl install might b buggy, cause u r having issues with vanilla ids. is there any error during installation of fl? any error during activation of cf mod?

also, u might wanna check the registry entries for freelancer, just to b sure folder path is ok. i hope u know how to do that.

i am suspecting something is wrong with the way fl installs on ur machine, so that's the first we should check. do u have any ideas, maybe?

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po

• Interesting, Goodone. I've installed only FL. Before i enter the game it shows this message:
    Freelancer does not recognize your 3D video card. Freelancer may have trouble running.
    I click yes to continue to the game. When i start a new singleplayer game, some sounds and voices don't appear. (Perhaps it needs the 1.1 patch...). Trent and other characters doesn't have speech, no sound. About "ids?" and empty names, there is no problem: faction, guilds, planets, npcs... all names are ok. But i have this sound problem and that video card warning. But i think this doesn't explain why after installing CF i've this "ids?", i suppose... what do i do now?

if u have patched and set windows according to those instructions i state earlier, u r ok with that from now on (btw, u might see some speed improvements on ur comp ).

It's already patched. I think the problem is not here...

maybe you have corrupted win installation oO

[eek2] ......................... ?¿ ........... what? [694] . Don't scare me.

Oh, and about the registry, it is the FLSpew.txt?

The ids? problem begins when i activate the CF mod. Perhaps it's overwriting something important... oh, my head [eifersucht]

Originally posted by Alex "Dante" Brennan
    (Perhaps it needs the 1.1 patch...)

The FL1.1 Patch is only for servers or MP or something and fixes some stuff related to cheating as far as I remember, so no need for it...

Originally posted by Alex "Dante" Brennan

[eek2] ......................... ?¿ ........... what? [694] . Don't scare me..

oh yeah...

</tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• ok... the next step (i am really gonna make a msg support line, f*ck forum for that):

1. now it's obvious u have audio codec issues, and it may b the stuff that's messes ids too, cause fl sound engine is a bit... crappy, and has much impact on the game, generally. u will have to uninstall everything again, and uninstall every single codec or codec pack u have installed (those that affect audio codecs), and then install some compatible codecs back, and fl again. fl requires fraunhofer mp3 audio codec (up to advanced 1.9.305), and is only compatible with it, others just screw it up. one version of it comes with win, and u can install it with redistributable from fl disk: redist/wmfadist.exe. if u don't have that file, it would b best to use some good codec pack (but that is some more work then; anyway i suggest k-lite mega codec pack), but u can download it from microsoft too (if u can find it); btw, there is a Audio Troubleshooting section in readme.rtf file on fl disk dealing with this too, so take a look (u don't really have to do everything it says, uninstall of codecs and another installation should fix it, but have a look anyway),
    2. video card warning is normal... u don't have to worry about that, and cf deals with that problem anyway when it is installed,
    3. if u say ur windows is patched for multi-proc, ok then. btw, just to b sure, registry and boot.ini thingy r important too, so if u don't have them, add it plz. it seems u don't know how to edit registry, but it's not so hard, and the site i gave u has a patch which does it for u anyway... boot.ini is a bit trickier, but not too much (required thou), just follow the instructions,
    4. it would b faster to do this with msg, cause i could direct u and respond at the same time, but if u like it reading on the forum, it's fine with me; i just like things fixed altogether and not to spend too much time on it.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po

• hi, im new here but i also have this problem. When the problem occured i got an error reading in
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\news.dll

can anyone host this file to rapidshare or something to see if this is a corrupted file and the cause?

EDIT

forget it all, i turned my comp off and on again and it works fine now :))

Originally posted by jjj13
    forget it all, i turned my comp off and on again and it works fine now :))

ROFL, those comps sometimes need to learn the hard way :D

And of course: Welcome to Crossfire, have fun