Posts by Duplicate Alex "Dante" Brennan

Hello

I'm having the same problem since the past year when i downloaded this mod (a great mod :) ) ... Almost everything is "IDS?" or just empty spaces... Weapons, some new commodities, Sol and Coalition work fine, but the rest is ids and empty. We tried a lot of things, but nothing solved it. I gave it up long time ago. I'm waiting for the CF 1.8 and see what happens.

Interesting, Goodone. I've installed only FL. Before i enter the game it shows this message:
    Freelancer does not recognize your 3D video card. Freelancer may have trouble running.
    I click yes to continue to the game. When i start a new singleplayer game, some sounds and voices don't appear. (Perhaps it needs the 1.1 patch...). Trent and other characters doesn't have speech, no sound. About "ids?" and empty names, there is no problem: faction, guilds, planets, npcs... all names are ok. But i have this sound problem and that video card warning. But i think this doesn't explain why after installing CF i've this "ids?", i suppose... what do i do now?

if u have patched and set windows according to those instructions i state earlier, u r ok with that from now on (btw, u might see some speed improvements on ur comp ).

It's already patched. I think the problem is not here...

maybe you have corrupted win installation oO

[eek2] ......................... ?¿ ........... what? [694] . Don't scare me.

Oh, and about the registry, it is the FLSpew.txt?

The ids? problem begins when i activate the CF mod. Perhaps it's overwriting something important... oh, my head [eifersucht]

Nothing... problem persist. I can't see Freelancer vanilla names like Manhattan, New Berlin, Liberty Navy, Liberty Rogues, station names, goods names, nebula names, some equipment, ships... but the Crossfire mod names shows (Sol, Earth, Dom'Kavash, Coalition, Jupiter, Order Base Under Construction at Mars, Saturn Jumpgate, Valiant cruiser, etc.).

One more thing: my pc has only one processor, but windows says that i have two, there is something wrong here...

btw, because u seem like a nice guy, i would like to stay in touch with u regardless ur problems r finito. msg is my prefered contact, just add me if u use it. and c u online.

Hey, thanks :D. I shall proceed with your instructions, and lets see what happens.

it seems i will need to open a special support line for all u guys. just to avoid keeping u wait. sorry for the delay. if u wish, contact me on msg (there info on my profile) this weekend so we can have it done without wait.

xD. Don't worry, i know you can't be everywhere all time and that we live at different places with different hours. Msg would be efficient, but i think it's unnecesary. I can wait your responds. (And while i'm waiting, i do my homework, or work with my freespace mod, or play armed assault online with a friend, or play with my father at ut2004, etc. Every second is well used).

looks like something when wrong when you downloaded the mod

Hmmm, the mod installer properties says: 195 Mb. I'll download again and see how many Mb is downloading... and make use of a fresh downloaded installer.

Thank you for your help both of you.
    And SWAT_OP-R8R, did you see my reply at freespace forum? It would be an honor working for you. And my holidays are near... that will be a lot of time to work with hobies like modding. ;)

I'll reply with a report of what happened soon...

I've unistalled and installed three more times, every combination. With 1.7a patch and without it. Different installation paths. [7] I depend on you... please help...

I can play, but "ids?" and empty names are still there. Perhaps i have to cut and paste something that is not in the right place?
    And another problem: i play a little in the server and then i'm expulsed to the main menu with this message:

"The connection to the server has been lost. Either the server
    you were connected to has crashed, or your Internet
    connection to that server is not working. This is
    usually an intermitent problem. Please try again later." ;(

At least i can play in sigleplayer mode. Lets see if i can find Sol System and the Coalition Territory. I want some fighting... [3]

i would say...dont install the patch...install the mod at C:/Programfiles/Freelancer Mod Manager without adding the mods directory 2 the path...then it automatically installs in C:/Programfiles/Freelancer Mod Manager/mods/Crossfire1.70

Well, next time i'll not install the 1.7a. And i've installed in the correct path: C:\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire 1.7. The installer set it up automatically. Thank you wolfie. And next time i'll install at program files. It is i'm trying different ways to install all this... perhaps a different path can fix something... Usually i install the game at "c:\Games\Freelancer", and FLMM at "C:\Program files\Freelancer Mod Manager".

Goodone, did you read my report? What do i do now, comrade?

And a last question: Are there in this mod Coalition ships? I liked the CS Sabre fighter... and the CS Kiev class 1 carrier, base of Black Guard, if i can remember correctly...

Wow... SWAT_OP-R8R himself... (clear throat) :tongue:. Im sorry if i crashed your server, but i think i didn't. When entered the game again, i saw the same players inside, playing...*cough* Good mod btw... ;)

Goodone, Dante reporting:
    I've a xp. It seems that I've got two Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz processors (i dont know if this is true, i cant remember if i have one or two. I'll ask to my father, he is the informatic. And about the afinity, yes, i can select the afinity in every process inside the task manager (cpu 0 and cpu 1).
    I've installed the game and mod following this points:
    1. Deactivated all mods in FLMM.
    2. Uninstalled FLMM.
    3. Uninstalled Freelancer deleting everything that remained.
    4. Installed FLMM 1.31 and it's at: c:\Freelancer Mod Manager
    5. Installed Crossfire 1.7 and it's at: c\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods
    6. Installed Freelancer and it's at: c:\Freelancer
    7. Activated Crossfire 1.7 in FLMM with this Mod options: crossfire trent, classic outfit, imperial march (it remembers me [or reminds me, i have to study more english] a game from 2000 *cough*), starlancer reborn hud, open singleplayer, earth sector, new cursors.
    8. Installed the CF Patch 1.7a at c:\Freelancer
    And nothing more. I didn't launched the game.
    Waiting orders...

Excuse me, i had some exams and couldn't respond. Sorry.

Well... i have nothing special:
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00 GHz
    2900 Mhz
    2.095.916 Kb RAM
    Hard Drive: 113 GB, and 35,3 GB are free space (about 23%).
    nVidia GeForce 6200 graphic card
    Creative SB X-Fi sound card
    I think it's not a dual core... how can i see if this is a dual core cpu?

And about the message, i've recovered this from "c:\documents and settings\Local config(hidden)\Program data(hidden)\Freelancer":
    FLSpew.txt. I've opened it, and at the end i can read this:

*** WARNING: CExternalEquip: Object (0x96503c89) missing hardpoint (HpRunningLight34) for item (0x835255c5)

I suppose my last installation of the mod or the game wasn't fine. I followed the installation guide, but now it works even worse. As i can read up there, I suppose that when i'm going to launch from the station the game can't load a model, object or something.
    As i said it's perhaps a bad installation.
    And i have no problems with other games.

I didn't find anymore information. I hope this is what you need. Should i install everything again, perhaps? Perhaps this time works (3rd time).

Hmph... Now it is worse. When i'm taking off from a station or a planet, the game crashes, sends me to the desktop and appears the message "send or don't send". With the new fresh installation, it is worse.
    Now i cant play, plus the "no names (IDS?)" problem that is still there... [10] [11] Im becoming mad......

Good hunting, and enjoy the mod. It's a very good mod, but i cant play it. ;(

I surrender. I can't. I'm tired. I followed this instructions twice:

1) Deactivate all mods in FLMM
    2)Uninstall FLMM
    3)Uninstall Freelancer deleting all savegame data and screenshots (and everything left behind)
    4)Download and install FLMM 1.31
    5)Install Crossfire mod 1.7
    6)Install Freelancer, reboot the pc, install patch 1.1, and SDK 1.3
    7)Activate the mod in FLMM
    8 )Launch Freelancer
    9)The launcher starts downloads
    10)When finished, i launched Crossfire Singleplayer
    11)Then Exit the World of Crossfire
    12)Launcher again
    13)When finished, Crossfire Multiplayer
    14)Deactivate 3d sounds
    15)Play joining the server
    (And i've defrag the hard disk the first time)

And nothing, the problem is still there. I suppose i have to play with this problem in my tail... :( . Well...still i can fight and buy ships :D . Lets explore... See you out there!