A problem, please help

There are 38 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by jjj13.

• Hello there. I have a problem.

Excuse me.I dont want to disturb you, but I'm new with all this, and i've searched the forums looking for my problem, but i couldn't find anything.

When i join the server, everything goes well, but npc names, some news in the bar, ship names and faction names don't show. Some of them have this written: "IDS?".

I tried everything except for uninstalling and reinstalling. Do I need to reinstall the game and the mod to solve this problem?

Excuse my english and my ignorance.

Can you help me? :tongue:

• good luck with the installation and welcome on the server

• Thank you, Lucy, for your friendly welcome.

But i followed all installation steps (19 i think), and still this problem persist. All factions are "IDS?", and planets, stations and npcs have no names. Same with trade goods and ships, and some (most) bar news.

I played a little in the server, but it didn't fixed.

Excuse my english again :tongue:

Can you help me, please? :D

• Welcome to CF! I hope, see you in space!

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• Have you tried turning it off and back on again (only joking).

Problems I have had include: not having uninstalled Mod Manager (cause it does not show up in the add/remove programs listing, at least for me) & not having deleted the freelancer files from My Documents/My Games.

Sorry if those are things you have tried but though best to check.

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese

• Sorry could not be more help.

Hope you get it sorted soon and join us.

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese

• Not that this might be of use, but did you reboot the Pc after installing Freelancer, as it apparently modifies the registry / system files. I also found that there's a hidden file in the My Documents\user name\Local Settings\Applications\Freelancer called FLSpew.txt which FL uses to store game info, it also uses this info in any error reports that are sent back to M$ in the event the game crashes.

• I surrender. I can't. I'm tired. I followed this instructions twice:

1) Deactivate all mods in FLMM
    2)Uninstall FLMM
    3)Uninstall Freelancer deleting all savegame data and screenshots (and everything left behind)
    4)Download and install FLMM 1.31
    5)Install Crossfire mod 1.7
    6)Install Freelancer, reboot the pc, install patch 1.1, and SDK 1.3
    7)Activate the mod in FLMM
    8 )Launch Freelancer
    9)The launcher starts downloads
    10)When finished, i launched Crossfire Singleplayer
    11)Then Exit the World of Crossfire
    12)Launcher again
    13)When finished, Crossfire Multiplayer
    14)Deactivate 3d sounds
    15)Play joining the server
    (And i've defrag the hard disk the first time)

And nothing, the problem is still there. I suppose i have to play with this problem in my tail... :( . Well...still i can fight and buy ships :D . Lets explore... See you out there!

• Hmph... Now it is worse. When i'm taking off from a station or a planet, the game crashes, sends me to the desktop and appears the message "send or don't send". With the new fresh installation, it is worse.
    Now i cant play, plus the "no names (IDS?)" problem that is still there... [10] [11] Im becoming mad......

Good hunting, and enjoy the mod. It's a very good mod, but i cant play it. ;(

• m8, what u have here is a hardware problem, and it happens to a very few users, whose comp configs r not stabile. thus, ur problem is most probably mobo oriented.

do you have any issues in other games?

i dealt with a few occurrences of this issue till now, so i will try to help u, if u didnt lose interest still (sorry for being offline and unable to respond till now).

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po

• do you have some information why the game crashes? if you click on more details in this sending message window - you can get some more out of this window...

Or look to your computer management and event messages... There should be some problems displayed. I think too that there is something wrong with your hardware - but its vague for now.
    Try to get some more details and post them to here.

Thanks in advance for your patience. Once we hopefully got a solution its worth to give it much trials.

• ok, dante, this should fix ur issues, if u r having dual core processor. just follow the instructions carefully and do everything mentioned.

if u r using older hardware, plz report back.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po

• Excuse me, i had some exams and couldn't respond. Sorry.

Well... i have nothing special:
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00 GHz
    2900 Mhz
    2.095.916 Kb RAM
    Hard Drive: 113 GB, and 35,3 GB are free space (about 23%).
    nVidia GeForce 6200 graphic card
    Creative SB X-Fi sound card
    I think it's not a dual core... how can i see if this is a dual core cpu?

And about the message, i've recovered this from "c:\documents and settings\Local config(hidden)\Program data(hidden)\Freelancer":
    FLSpew.txt. I've opened it, and at the end i can read this:

*** WARNING: CExternalEquip: Object (0x96503c89) missing hardpoint (HpRunningLight34) for item (0x835255c5)

I suppose my last installation of the mod or the game wasn't fine. I followed the installation guide, but now it works even worse. As i can read up there, I suppose that when i'm going to launch from the station the game can't load a model, object or something.
    As i said it's perhaps a bad installation.
    And i have no problems with other games.

I didn't find anymore information. I hope this is what you need. Should i install everything again, perhaps? Perhaps this time works (3rd time).

• 1. yes, u should reinstall with following instructions:
    2. is ur system vista or xp sp2?
    3a. if xp sp2: to check if ur system is working on multi-proc settings (doesn't have to b multi-proc rly, cause hyperthreading does the same thing on some configs): device manager, processor (how many); if u have more than one proc listed, take a look at task manager and see if u can select afinity for apps; reinstall cf using guide but do not start the game, just report what u did and findings about proc and afinity back here,
    3b. if vista: run everything using 'run as administrator' command from app's context menu, following the cf guide instructions, try running the game and updating as stated in the guide, report if u had any success.

do not install 1.1 patch, sdks or anything similar.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po

• a missing light hardpoint does crash a server or a client

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!