Big Signatures

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Se\v/.

• I see I was hit by that rule. [3] [2]

I think the rules should be the same for everyone here.

I will list names of people with big signatures.

I hope the Moderators or the Administrator do the correct thing and remove them too.

First of all, OP-R8R.

This person has a pretty big signature but no one says anything. :P:rolleyes: [3] [2]

Secondly Marshal Cunningham. He has a bigger signature then me. :P

I will add more names here. We all hope for justice. :D

THE FASTEST ONE

• I was the first person to vote for "No, I am blind"!

But seriously, I don't care.... it doesn't take that long to scroll, and my connection downloads any page in less than 3 seconds anyway.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - Attributed to General George Patton Jr

• I'm not bothered with around 15 lines max. But like the IFC Clan Signature it has to go, its too fucking big! You loose 5 minutes of your live getting past the damn things!

Op's sig is fine, it doesnt bother me (juggling tits ;))

But unless the IFC guys remove them images or make them smaller i'm not bothered - yet i voted yes.

• OP's signature is taller and larger than your old one, but mine is smaller than either yours or OP's. The reason I vote for you to keep your old sig is that there are about a dozen people with signatures about the same size as mine, that are only about three or four centimeters shorter than yours.

My take on the situation is that your pics look larger than they are because they leave less grey background space like other people's big sigs. I don't see what harm it makes though no matter what the size is. People are whinning about something that's none of their business. Change your sig if you think you'd like your new one better, but don't change because people don't like the one you have.

Maybe a good way to compromise though if you feel obligated to do so would be to reduce your IFC pic to 70-90% of its current size. I almost always reduce the size of my sig pics before using them, and if anyone ever complains about mine I will shrink the images. ;)

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

I hope the Moderators or the Administrator do the correct thing and remove them too.

First of all, OP-R8R.

This person has a pretty big signature but no one says anything.

It's HIS Portal, he can do what he wants with his sig! All others can get in line behind those of us who think it should not be larger than Marshall's... :P

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• I even dont understand this poll and the discussion behind it. I vote no. And now my explain:

Signatures are free as long there is no limitation from the Admins configuration. And as long there is no limitation, everyone can put what he want into his signature.

So if Supercars wants to use this signature why to complain. And btw. why do you have a problem in scrolling some more lines. The only thing that you may complain about is that your mouse wheel is fret too much ;D

Everyone is free in his minds and due to this fact it wont bother me anylonger... Vote what you want - its free too ;D

• there should b a rule stating how long and wide singnatures can b. i think that too many ppl uses huge pics in their signatures, which uses up dl time and makes forum slower than it should b.

i must agree that ur signature, sc, was quite big, especially if one looks at it subjectively. not that i personally had something against it. but i do understand op's final desicion.

it was quite strange to me, in the first place, why there is no rule related to this topic, when i registered.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po

• reason for removing: too many ppl complained

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I voted no, I may have a big signature, but my posts will allways have these size cause of the logo's on the left panel, the same to OP's signature, he can reduce it, but the size of the identification panel is so big that his post would allways have that huge size.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• its planned to reduce that size of the panel due to more userlevels and access rights in future

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I have no problem with sig size
    this is one of the best laid out and run forums I take the time for , a lot of forums have no sig as such but 100s of posts per page
    real fun scrolling them for info doh!

All those moments will be lost in time , like tears in rain . Time to die.

Originally posted by Argos
    I voted no, I may have a big signature, but my posts will allways have these size cause of the logo's on the left panel, the same to OP's signature, he can reduce it, but the size of the identification panel is so big that his post would allways have that huge size.

You made a very valid point. Sorry OP did not see the left panel. :P

I guess I should also go around complaining in every thread like Gunny, Tyrael and Blaster and some others. :P

Sorry Lance. I really was pissed off. :( You will always be my friend and I will control my anger from next time. :P

THE FASTEST ONE

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    its planned to reduce that size of the panel due to more userlevels and access rights in future

and I will reduce my sig if I see it doesn't fit the layout. :]

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• Blaster your current sig is not big enough, there is still some space between my upper and lower vieable screen. I am sure you can increase the layout a bit ^^

Originally posted by {LP}Blaster
    Like my sig?

Blaster

I cannot see an image. It is meaningless. :P:D

THE FASTEST ONE

• yes, blaster, u could try making it wider too, so ppl would have to use other scroller too. :)

ahh, all those pics in sigs, my computer makes thousand http requests to different servers.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po

• Yes Blaster, u annoyed me ! [2]

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

Originally posted by Tyrael
    Yes Blaster, u annoyed me ! [2]

then i have succeeded, will leave it till sunday - then will change back.

btw, whats with evry1 using factorizer now? it made me feel so unique ^^