Wing Commander Saga

There are 34 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gibbon.

• by the way, on their site (link in first post) you can find the game to download it... "Wing Commander Saga: Prologue" if you want to try it out.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• i was trying it with some good results but the lack of time to finish it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• That doesn't surprise me at all, by that i mean the fact that you were getting good results using the FS2 engine. A lot is possible with that if it's mission based space adventure you are after, and with all the good things that you can now do with that engine, time is the only limiting factor.

I'm glad they are doing a WC version of this as it's perfectly suited to the engine, trying to think of other similar games that could be updated apart from Starlancer, maybe Tachyon the Fringe which was excellent in its day although i know there is a remake being done of that. Someone could redo all the Star Wars games that were like that, original X Wing, Tie Fighter and the like.

It's a great engine for games, but i honestly think a team is a must, not something you can really do just by yourself

• No chance of redoing any star wars stuff as lucas arts hold rights and will never part with them .
    Saga has been very lucky to accomplish what they have but it is in no way supported by the owners of the copyright ,if any1 ever tries to make a buck out of it then theyd come down on them like a ton of bricks .
    It took Sagas team nearly 10 yrs to make ,I cant imagine how hard it could be just for 1 person to even make a starlancer remake.

• not that hard actually
    maybe a year work for me

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Wavey

I disagree about Star Wars. There are mods being made for that for nearly every game i can think of, including Freelancer, just look at the new Freeworlds mod. I honestly can't see George Lucas coming along and asking them to stop, it's freeware, same as any mod made using the FS2 engine. It's like saying Microsoft will come and stop OP making a Starlancer remake, not going to happen. The important thing to remember is as long as nobody makes a $ from it, it's all good.

All i was saying about the Star Wars side of things is that the FL2 engine is perfect for it due to its modability and seeing as the original X wing and Tie Fighter were of the same genre, i'm sure it's only a matter of time before some team gets their modding fingers dirty and makes one. Oh wait, too late, somebody is already doing it, Fate of the Galaxy - FreeSpace Wiki

• Gibbon it is not freeware as soon as any mod gets big/or money involved they will stop it ,for example The Babylon Project a babylon 5 mod was given a cease and desist notice because someone was selling the game on ebay ,it was a free game but some dick tried to cash in.(it was resolved )
    All ships their names the universe of star wars are copyrighted by lucas arts and once they they hear about something they get their lawyers out .They do get quite offended:(
    Id love to see someone mod SW ,still play the old games and they are modded to hell and work well.

• Show me a game that doesn't have a star wars mod attached to it lol. George hasn't gone after anyone yet, as i keep saying, as long as it's free, highly unlikely he ever will. Seriously doubt he will close down Freeworlds as it's free advertising for the franchise, he'd be silly to do so, especially when it's done so well. All this talk of closing people down only happens when some eejit starts selling a mod like you say on fleabay, or at a boot sale or wherever, that's the only time issue can arise.

I was just watching a brilliant video of an X3 Babylon 5 mod on youtube, you think that will be closed down? It's got better graphics than the series (hardly surprising as the visual FX were done with a couple of Commodore Amigas but that's not the point), a hugely popular mod that in it's own way might even sell some dvd's for the series it's that good.

None of these big film or tv series franchises will close down the mod makers, not gonna happen, not when they have free advertising because of it

• Its lookin good so far ,very impressed :)
    Important dont forget the campaign room ! theres 2 campaigns prologue and darkest dawn ,its worth playing prologue again for all the shiny new tweaks :)