Peace?

There are 36 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Tyrael.

• Hello All

I am thinking of returning to the server, after being retired from FL for over a year. I am an ex [PiA] member, I left the clan a short time after moving to NQ. I was [PiA]-astatic-[P].

I'm posting to ask what the community thinks about me coming back to Crossfire, and if I have permission to do so.

I've been on the server a couple of times recently under the name Arevel, I've visited a few old friends, but I want to come back under my real name. I'm now known as Ryzune.

So, I leave this in the hands of the Crossfire community and OP, but please bear in mind, I am no longer [PiA]. I am freelance, I don't do clans.

Ryzune

My Laptop: Acer Aspire 9302, Windows Vista Home Premium, AMD Turion64 MK-38 2.2Ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 751MB nVidia GeForce Go 6100 Graphics.

My Sound System: Logitech Z-5400, THX Certified, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. With remote control. :P

PiA Forever.

• I personally don't see the reason why you can't return under your original name. However, you being here already and not engaging in activities that negatively impact the server is good.

Having said all this, I will publicly announce that I had a meeting with serveral key members of this community, in private and public, regarding the conduct of players here. In general, unethical behavior in any form.

Be it known, I am not going to tolerate unfair play, social upheaval, rioting or malicious intent from any player. Regardless of rank, position or clan, I will remove anyone from this community who can't promote good rp, fair play and proper decorum.

This is the last and final word on this subject, unless Op has something to add.

"You can take that to the bank".

Welcome back and be involved.

Gunny

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Thats great, I just wanted to hear from others in the community too, to see if I would be a target, PiA are rather strongly disliked here ^^

I don't mind being a target, thats all fair and good as far as I'm concerned, I'd just like a heads up, thats all 8)

My Laptop: Acer Aspire 9302, Windows Vista Home Premium, AMD Turion64 MK-38 2.2Ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 751MB nVidia GeForce Go 6100 Graphics.

My Sound System: Logitech Z-5400, THX Certified, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. With remote control. :P

PiA Forever.

• without digging up and bad feeling regarding PiA:

i welcome any player back to CF regardless of a clanmates previous activities, most ppl do deserve a second chance. i wholeheartedly agree with everything Gunny stated and as long as you are here to play to have fun and RP then i dont see a problem.

come back..RP...act with didnity and honour....and above all have fun.

• Sorted then, tonight I'll log under Ryzune ^^

I'm at work at the moment so..... I'll keep ignoring the "No Personal Internet Use During Work Hours" policy..... lol

I have a question too, how come I've got integrated 751MB graphics on my new laptop but it still runs FL jerky, when my 256MB integrated runs it fine?

PiA Forever.

• because graphic memory isnt key element of performance

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• True.... but I am running an AMD Turion64 MK-38 2.2 Ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, nVidia GeForce Go 6100 with 256MB dedicated and 500 and something MB shared. So whats up with it? lol

I'll have a fiddle with the nVidia Personalize thing when I get home, maybe its running some stupid anti-aliasing or something.

PiA Forever.

• Welcome back Ryzune.

If you need any help getting settled in, just give me a shout.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• You can set your virtual memory to a solid 3000 mb like I do or even higher if your system can handle it.

CFPD officers for the most part have also formatted their HDD and made system changes to increase our performance.

Kermit, you mind posting these steps in the Crossfire Mod section?

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Something just hit me.... or rather I remembered a sticker on my laptop.... it says "Windows Vista Premium". Think thats the problem? lol

PiA Forever.

• Could be, PM PCForce. He has Vista and has made some changes to play FL.

Originally posted by Gunny
    You can set your virtual memory to a solid 3000 mb like I do or even higher if your system can handle it.

CFPD officers for the most part have also formatted their HDD and made system changes to increase our performance.

Kermit, you mind posting these steps in the Crossfire Mod section?

8o formatted the HDD to increase your performance? What is the advantage of such formatted HDD (besides you can start to structure your files and that there aren't so much fragments)?

If there are enough advantages of formatting the HDD, please post this soon. I am so excited to read that - so i can improve my performance too - really thats no joke!

• I will send you a pm huor.

• Ok just messed with it, I've got 4219MB of virtual memory, 2.78 GB of free RAM, and 751MB of video RAM. Just went into the nVidia settings, it was forcing all programs to use the hardware settings, so I've changed it to let the application control it, and everything is super silky now. :D

PiA Forever.

• I dont know you m8, but DD welcomes you back to CF!

Hope well have fun and good bussines together.

Buy a ticket, take a ride! [45]

DD BlackOps Hassassin

• Welcome Back to the server m8 enjoy , have fun and above all be good:)

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator