2012 a year in review

2012 was a very weird year.

The world did not end, eventhough mass effect 3 was a catastrophy.

Looking back at the year which is almost over I unfortunately have many negative impressions in mind... more negative than positive actually.

Community members which prefer to argue than to work together, the loss of a clan, conflicts between communities, players which complain about every shit instead of making use of what they got and not fulfilled objectives for the year.

Most of the above mentioned stuff had negative impact on the portal.

The lack of help and support aswell all the troubles generated by the players have thrown back the development of CF2.0 by many months. Even worse, it nearly killed the motivation of the team.

I remember 3 times when Huor requested help and got not even a reply.... and I know that people had the knowledge and ability to help. Probably its best if I dont mention how many times I requested help and got no reply during the past year.

It saddens me that only a very few people have decided to support us. As members of this Portal you can be glad that a few people have invested alot of work and money to keep all this running.

I thank everyone who supported the Portal and its projects.

This place and the CF server are still running because of these people and for 2013 I really suggest to all others that they think about "consequences" if the situation remains like it is now.

I am writing this thread today, 31th December 2012 and not on 1st January 2013 on purpose. Learn from 2012 and change it next year. Do it better next year.

But lets stick with 2012 for a while.

This is about the time present the important numbers.

We had almost 2 mio visitors at SWAT during the past year... a bit less than the year before but still a good number.

3300 new members registered at the Portal and the Crossfire mod was downloaded almost 90.000 times in that time (since its release more than 110.000 times).

While the numbers of players on the server dropped a few months ago it seems like it meanwhile has at least stabilized and with the help of a few generous donors the future of the server is secured at least till march 2013.

The plans to release a new CF version clearly failed aswell as putting more time into other community projects and TLR. My day only has 24 hours and thats very likely not going to change.

My work on CF2.0 has stopped a few weeks ago and I do not intent do start it again until the members of this Portal finally start to act like a real community (support would be a key element).

Plans for 2013:

- Crossfire 2.0 release -> ?!? depends on the community

- Support of at least one new game section -> the creation of such a game section actually would be the job of the community members... but since that is never going to happen (for a reason that I dont understand) I have started to scout a game and prepare the creation of a game section.

It is really unfortunate that I got only so little support when I asked for people with the necessary amount of time a few weeks ago. Just one person is really willing to help.

Freelancer is an old game meanwhile and the future of SWAT is not called Freelancer/Crossfire.... the future of SWAT has other names.

Thats it. No further plans. It is hard enough to do these 2 points.

I think I have said enough for this year and leave it to you if you want to have a successful one here at SWAT in 2013.

No matter how you will decide... I wish you a happy new year.