11h - Cozmo
This week at Bungie, we prepare for our Last Wish.
We’re deep into week two of Forsaken. Many of you have finished your hunt and served justice to Uldren. That was just the beginning. The bravest Guardians have already visited the Dreaming City and begun to uncover its secrets. Tomorrow, fireteams will make their first attempts at defeating our latest raid, Last Wish.
As with every raid, we will be watching the streams and cheering you on. The completion of the raid is not even the endcap of what the Dreaming City has to offer. There are many more mysteries to uncover once the final boss has been slain.
- Raised character level cap to 50 for Forsaken owners
- Year 1 Sony exclusive Exotic and legendary rewards are now available for
Aug 28, 2018 - Cozmo
In just mere days, Destiny 2: Forsaken will arrive, ushering in a host of new experiences and major upgrades aimed at transforming nearly every aspect of the game. We’ve already spoken a lot about Forsaken’s key features and updates, but we wanted to take a moment prior to launch to provide you with some additional details about what you can expect beyond day one. To tee up that conversation, we’ve recruited a handful of developers to take you through our plans, from the 2.0 update that went live today, through our current plans for seasons and the annual pass.
Seasons of Change
Destiny 2: Forsaken kicks off the Season of the Outlaw. Once you’ve completed the campaign, hunted down the Barons, secured some of your favorite new weapons, and explored the new worlds and the challenges that await, you can expect to see us continue updating the game with new activities and rewards. We’ve also hidden away many surprises for you to discover, and the information…
Community Focus - Relikt
- 1.1 Eyes up, Guardian. Tell us a bit about yourself.
- 1.2 What led you to joining up with the Community?
- 1.3 Glad to see you're not too silent of a cartographer. What inspired your first callout map?
- 1.4 What would you say is your favorite Crucible combat space in Destiny 2?
- 1.5 Have any advice you’d give to players just getting started?
- 1.6 What loadouts are you thinking of running when Forsaken launches?
- 1.7 Last call! Any final words of wisdom or shoutouts?
Aug 15 - dmg04
How many times have you found yourself in Crucible, saying "They're... over there! On my X! By the Power…
- 1 Community Focus - Relikt
This Week at Bungie - 8/16/18
Aug 16 - dmg04
This week at Bungie, we’re heading to gamescom.
The away team is all packed up and ready to ship out to Köln, Germany, for a week of community love and Gambit trials. Our booth will be home to some friendly skirmishes. We’ll host as many Guardians as we can. We'll find some moments to show you some things you have yet to see and tell you some things you have yet to hear. Keep your eyes on our social channels next week!
Not all of us will be battling jetlag and minions of Darkness. Here at home base, Forsaken is in the very final stages of development. We’re applying finishing touches, and we know there are still…
some questions you want answered before the Prison of Elders is
If you’re new to the community, you may find yourself asking, “Wait, why has Bungie dedicated a day to celebrating itself?”
To turn the page back to the beginning, Bungie Day is a holiday started by our community. Every year on the seventh day of the seventh month, we join our fans in celebrating the community as a whole— reflecting on friendships forged, sharing war stories from past skirmishes, or even flipping through some old photos of events where fireteam members met in person for the first time and solidified their bond for years to come.
This year, we have some exciting news.
This week at Bungie, we welcome back the Factions.
Everyone is back from E3, and we’re heads down, working hard on Forsaken. Several thousand players already got to play Gambit, and we’re extremely excited for more to play it, both at GuardianCon and when Forsaken releases on September 4.
Meanwhile, the Iron Banner rages on. You have the rest of the week to rank up with Lord Saladin and earn the Season 3 ornaments for your gear. Make sure you turn in everything before the reset on June 26 at 10 a.m., or you will have to wait until the next Iron Banner to claim your rewards. Your tokens and ornament progress will carry over.
This week at Bungie, we revealed Cayde’s fate.
If you want to remain spoiler-free, you should stop reading now and not look at the internet until September 4. As many of you already know, we gave you a glimpse of beloved Hunter Vanguard Cayde-6’s final moments earlier this week.
We told you that Forsaken is taking a darker tone and has a Western revenge vibe. It looks as if many of you have taken it upon yourselves to avenge Cayde. In September, you'll get your chance to hunt down the Barons, confront Uldren, and make him answer for his crimes.
- Information concerning Faction Rallies will be made available on 5/31 in the “This Week at Bungie” blog article.
- Mechaneer’s Tricksleeves
- While you are critically wounded, swapping to a Sidearm increases its damage (2x in PvE, 1.33x in PvP).
- The Dragon’s Shadow
- Dodge reloads all weapons simultaneously.
- Dodging now also grants +5 mobility for the duration of Wraithmetal Mail, in addition to its previous benefits.
- Added a UI indicator for the Wraithmetal Mail buff.
- Lion Rampant
- Hipfiring no longer interrupts Lift. Increased hipfire accuracy while airborne.
- Now grants a flat melee damage bonus for 8 seconds when you are surrounded by three or more enemies (3x in PvE, 2x in PvP).
- This buff
Destiny Companion Update - 5/17/201
May 17 - Destiny Dev Team
- Added support for showing the new Multi-Emotes.
- Added game type & teams to private matches in Game History.
- Added Crucible Valor/Glory ranks to player profiles.
- Added support for showing Seasonal Ranks in Vendors.
- Adding support for showing the contents of the Prismatic Matrix in Eververse.
- Added support for Pursuits in the Gear section.
- Fixed the Masterwork state not showing on Legendary and Exotic items.
- Some extra objectives may be showing in the details of Exotic weapons.
- Find Fireteams improvements.
- Clans are no longer required to create a fireteam.
- All users can now create a scheduled fireteam.
- Clan administrators can now moderate clan fireteams in the web client.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Localization improvements.
- Players are not able to change Emotes from the Companion apps
- "All Crucible" stats from the API will include private matches. Individual
Season 3 of Destiny 2
May 2 - Destiny Dev Team
Alongside the launch of Warmind, a new season of gameplay updates begins for all players of Destiny 2, including powerful upgrades to Exotic weapons, the introduction of Ranked Crucible play, new Crucible maps, Private Matches, Heroic Strike Modifiers, Multi-Emote, additional Vault Space, and much more.
On May 8, your adventure continues in Warmind, the second expansion to Destiny 2.
Golden Age satellites slam into the surface of the Hellas Basin on Mars. Icy glaciers thaw, revealing the core of the Warmind Rasputin – and an ancient Hive army, bent on its destruction.
Destiny 2 Expansion II: Warmind introduces new activities, new weapons and gear, more endgame content, and an all-new story.