Looks like I'm BANNED by system again

There are 45 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• All of these 'banned' reports seems to indicate a corrupted installation because as soon as your files are messed up, the Anti-Cheat system detects the changed files and therefore - getting banned.

Please look at the Attached File.

PS: Prior to the re-installation please Disable your Anti-Virus(including Windows Defender), then after you install it put the whole directory into Exclusions(just in case, depending on your AV). Also save your Account ID, if you don't have it saved go to the Freelancer directory and look for the file "freelancerid" or something like that.

Edit: The file containing your ID is named as "myflaccountid"

• FAQ here on portal contains quite detailed guide how to install FL/CF. Few more details can be found here. FAQ also have guide how to set Norton Antivirus (which it seems was the most stubborn AV for CF install). BUT before doing all this, is good to check your Freelancer vanilla game source ... if you have original, then things should work 100%, if you used torrents etc., well, we had here more as one case when exactly this was a reason for repeated bans. CF replaces huge amount of vanilla files, but not all ...

• It's not the Anti-Virus.
    The only thing I have installed is the Windows Defender which is built into the Operating System of Windows 10.

I had this problem occur previously and after a moderator looked up my account then they were able to UN-BAN my Account.
    When they did this, it allowed my Cross Fire session to Login Online and play normally.

There was nothing more that I needed to do or change.

• there have been problems before with windows defender

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Okay.

Well, I have disabled Windows Defender via Group Policy so it shouldn't be a problem again...hopefully.
    Apart from that, I don't have any Anti-Virus programs on this machine which would interfere with the Cross Fire Mod.

Game has been re-Installed.

I have tried to Connect to the Cross Fire server but it's still telling me that I am BANNED. :-(

• no antivir is also not good
    you need at least a bit of protection

I personally use Avast (which turned out to be very reliable) and the comodo firewall.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I'll install AVAST AV and Comodo FW as suggested.
    Was there any special Tweaks you made to account for the Cross Fire Modification?

- Okay, AVAST and Comodo have been installed.

Will my Account be UNBLOCKED now? :)

Edited once, last by Atomic ().

• I am using ESET NOD32 (previously Smart Security/Internet Security) + Windows Firewall, I've tried it with a combination with Comodo Firewall, but Comodo is always blocking legit programs and files and I just couldn't let it continue like that.

And that's coming from a guy who has been using Kaspersky, BitDefender, Emsisoft etc.(almost all of the AV programs) for a long time and let me tell you, ESET is just awesome, light and one of the strongest on the market as well as it doesn't block legit programs and files, the others are just a bit overrated and heavy on the system, although Kaspersky is still one of my favorites(alongside with ESET & Emsisoft).

That (ESET) + the browser-extensions "AdGuard & PoperBlocker(works only in Chrome)" and I am perfectly fine, never had a malware with this setup for years, AdGuard is just enough when you enable the Anti-Malware blocking. Plus having MalwareBytes and HitmanPro(Scanners) to scan once a week/month in case something broke through.

About the unblocking, as long as your files are NOT affected it should be fine. You should also force-disable the Windows Defender in case Avast hasn't done it until now, by just going to "Search"(tasbar) and typing "services.msc" then scrolling down to "Windows Defender Service" , Right click on it / Properties and just disable it... also in the "Recovery" tab there, set it to "Take no action". -> ALL of this is just to make sure that your Windows Defender is disabled IF you have another anti-virus installed, although the AV should have been taken care of it but in case it hasn't, it will be good to check it.

PS: Also, as you've already changed your AV, be sure to put the whole CF-CF directory into Exclusions, AS WELL as in the Comodo Firewall, because I've been using Comodo for a long time in the past and it still blocked legit programs and files even when I've put the whole directories into Exclusions.

• Wow, thanks for the MEGA Post Cryzis...some real meaty responses I need to go over.

I have tried to Log into the Cross Fire server and it's telling me my Account is still BANNED.
    I am assuming there is a BAN LIST which has Accounts which are BANNED from connecting onto the Server.

Has this been checked and my Account names/Account ID been removed so I can connect again?

• I never had any problems with Windows (10) Defender and I recommend it as any Free Anti-Virus/-Malware and FireWall.
    If you have a paid version, it's a total different matter.

The lastest Creators Update (1703) for WIndows 10 is even more secure than before. Windows Defender is now called Windows Defender Security Center.

As in all Anti-Virus/-Malware I would include Freelancer and Freelancer Mod Manager folders.

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• Well, truth is... I don't even need an anti-virus. As I said, as soon as I installed the russian web extension (AdGuard) a few years ago, it does a perfect job. Plus I know where to surf, so... basically I don't need an anti-virus, but just to be sure (because I have some important files) I've decided to install one and ESET is the last one I stumbled upon and loved it ever since. And just recently I've installed PoperBlocker on Google Chrome(because it's available only in Chrome) and is just fabulous together with AdGuard.
    AdGuard - Blocks ads and malware(you need to enable it after installation)
    PoperBlocker - Blocks popup windows
    Both are available in the Google Web Store, though AsGuard is also available in all of the other major browsers, only the PoperBlocker is available only in Chrome ( for the moment at least ).

So, I don't really need an AV to protect me if I have these two installed and I know where to surf, but due to the fact that I have important files on my PC, I've decided to install an AV just in case.

@Atomic, just wait for a GR or OP himself to unban you and let's hope it won't messes up with your files again.

• unbanned

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hello folks! After a long time I decide to get back here and look around... And my account was banned. Funny, but I have most of my credits and stuff on my main account and really don`t wanna start from 0, heh). Can any1 help to resolve this issue? Thanks!

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• Maaaaaaaaaaaax?!!! duuuuuuude, long time no see man!!!! Welcome back!, it's so great to see you again my friend, it's been so long. :X

Don't worry about starting from scratch, in the worst case scenario I can help you out with that!

And again... welcome back dude, it's really great to see you again and have you back in CF! ;)

• welcome back max
    your account has been unbanned

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thanks alot, OP! Cryzis, like to hear that. Do you miss me?))) Heh, lets the dust off from my ships and see how it rusty now))).

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• Thanks alot, OP! Cryzis, like to hear that. Do you miss me?))) Heh, lets the dust off from my ships and see how it rusty now))).

You bet man, it's been like a decade since I saw you around! Long Live the Dragons! :D

And don't worry, just make sure your fighter is ready in the Arena and I will get you up to speed haha.

It's really great to have you back! I know that I don't really need to say this, but in case you need help with something just say the word, otherwise meet ya in space soon man ;) (this week is a little busy for me, but I will try to be available these days... not to mention I have some footage to shoot).