Updating Wiki

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ajay.

• I'd just like to say, a damn good job OP, Huor and everyone else working on the mod... I've been flying around lately and have hardly recognized the old systems - I feel like a total newbie...

Quick question - I've been exploring the Wiki a bit and I've found that system screenshots are outdated / incomplete... Would it be possible to tweak a single character server side to have everything explored just to capture system screenshots? I know it's kinda cheaty in nature, but on a separate account and with permission would be for a good cause. Exploring everything (even with a Ragnarok or something) would take ages... I only thought of this as I was looking for the new jumpholes and it took me 1.5 hours just to do 3 systems flying a fighter...

Also, I may try to make some type of interactive map in HTML5 + Javascript, using canvas, on a few systems... This could be a nice project to practice animation and stuff on...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

Edited once, last by Shockwave ().

• You could do it offline, in singleplayer, if you can do animations and java for the map, you have some simpler ways for exploring in SP. Or if somebody has a singleplayer save file with most stuff explored.

Quite a bunch of people on the server with nearly all places explored as well. Or you could take those about 20 hours ( 3+ sys/hour counting part is already explored) n just have a legit char with all bases explored :P

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• This not need to do one person, if will be posted nicer systems images, is easy** replace actual files. For taking nice big systems images is best do: open nav-map, alt+tab to desktop and back (you should now see 'little' bigger map), do screenshot, close nav-map, alt+tab and back.

** could be needed alter code due different resolution used by players, but np., this I can handle.

Someone only need to start with this ...

• @Michael - I don't know how to actually make everything explored in singleplayer savegame... Maybe OP or Huor could help with that? I suppose it would be a better method to do it this way (avoid server issues, if there are any). For the HTML5 thingy, that is just an idea, but for the source it would be probably better to actually parse the code from source CF files on systems... This is just a thought, dunno.

@Forlon - I'm currently playing at 1336 × 768, 32 bit color, Sweet FX shader setting. I can go up to 1920 × 1080 (not using it currently because my computer isn't that fast, really). Does the map scale up? Also, it would be probably better to use the classic Freelancer GUI, since this font from modern UI is not very readable (at least to me). Anyways, I'd like to help updating that. Maybe we can make a plan on how to do it?

• Classic is better imo too, higher resolution will be better too :D ... you can only sw to higher res for taking systems pics which can be done also docked.

Plan is easy, simply start with this. Then ppl can/will join here and there. It will not be done overnight. I like much when things will look better, but there is no way I will do it only myself (or only you). If ppl will care, it will be better ...

• Yeah, I agree, Forlon. I have a few systems that I consider completely explored, but I'd still like that all-explored savegame (especially because of Altair, Canis and Inner Core), with all the nebulas, wrecks, solars, etc.

I'll try to make some test screenshots later today.

• it would be possible

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Cool. How can we make that happen?

Also, can I apply to the Wiki team or do I post somewhere and let someone else sort the input?

• All I need are screenshots ... or ideally cropped system images named as are system names. Then I will replace used files. When will have it, I can do change in few days (or day if things go smoothly).

• @SWAT_OP-R8R - can you help with the all-explored-savegame?

(I seem to recall that IONCROSS editor being able to do something like that in vanilla, but that was ages ago, when I added a friggin' Cylon raider into vanilla. That was awesome. :D )

• i can do that to a GR char

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hm, my GR char is scheduled for deletion as soon as I transfer the equipment off it, since I'm no longer DP's GR... Could you make it on mine until the Wiki is done? Then I'll remove it all together.

Or even better, I make a temp starflier GR on a new ID for that specific purpose (and get rid of my old GR char like planned). I made a starflier... [GR]Mapper on a separate account.

Edited 2 times, last by Shockwave ().

• yes

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Nice! I'll reinstall CF to get classic UI and get to mappin'...

• Maybe all GRs could have this ability? I mean it can ONLY be applied to a GR tagged character, right? Not the whole account. If that's the case it'd be majorily unfair advantage

• unfair to what?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Maybe I'm just looking at the "cheaty nature" of it.

Itd be helpful for newbies to provide info on getting started on going to IC or whatever. Not spoil it though

Since there's a [GR]Mapper char, maybe all GRs could have access. Option to ask veteran players not always available. The details of this matter may be better discussed in a more private menu...

• ... that char purpose is only for taking systems maps screenshots. They will be public after its done.