Posts by Aukmune

bad teeth : took me 4 yrs find a dentist after moving house/changing county , still having work done. :D

BT home hub broadband/tv package or anything else

Thank you for those replies , concise and to the point ,makes a lot more sense to me now .
    I know where I stand .
    Right beside you weapons armed , i.e. my voting finger.

8) be seeing you

Hi guys
    No in my humble opinion OP speaks true , I totally agree with that statement .
    Went for a looksee at TLR and was delighted to see a clean , tidy nononsense site , had no problems navigating the small but hopefully growing content .
    Just pleased to see TLR up and running again .
    Like a lot of members I belong to several forums but the Portal is the one I return to the most in fact after I found Crossfire and the forum what was the point of TLR ? I was wrong , I found myself checking back regularly even d/l a few newer versions of some favourite mods although I havn't played them yet ,been too busy mapping the Crossfire systems on SP but I was concerned to see the site failing .
    We are all 'Lancers at heart no matter what 'clan' we belong to , as for the 'politics ' well 1 person has an opinion 2 people can have a discussion 3 people form a commitee and 'debate and vote ' I think its called democracy .
    With the ever increasing number of new members there is bound to be a difference of opinion on any subject . Perrsonally I take the time to read back as much as I can to try and understand why so much passion has been aroused but I must admit to being confused at times , some of this 'war' goes back way before I joined . I see terms like 'fascist' and 'racist' but I cannot see it for myself , only opinion . Just because someone wants to protect something they have created doesn't make them a dictator ... does it ? We all do it , we protect our own from abuse and harm , a natural act .
    Internal beefs on the forum are fine, bit of needle here and there makes the game more interesting shall we say but cross forums wars ... well as I said were all 'lancers so that is civil war , the most destructive type , noone wins , it just divides and destroys.
    I hope 2008 will bring about a truce no more than a truce a reconcilliation between our varied brothers and sisters no matter what ship we fly in no matter whatever universe it happens to be , we are all in the same battle ... Humans against the Rest 8)

Mass migration of the population of the planet
    lets get those colony sleeperships ships built ,theres a whole universe waiting out there.

But what a show it would be to see something that large pass by at a few hundred thousand kliks.

BTW I believe there is to be a first class meteor shower sometime early Friday morning 2am - 6 am... make sure the shields are up ,dont want another Titanic episode ;)

and Happy New Year everyone 8)

Hi guys
    done as much mem testing as I'm going to , altered timings etc done all that , as I said physically all sticks and sockets are running fine absolutely no problems at all.

the problem lies in the command to go to dual channel and the bios update did not fix that , I am researching this now .

so for the moment I will continue running 3 sticks single channel
    be seeing you
    ;)

thanks for the reply all info is welcome

I have checked all the sticks 1by1 in each of the 4 sockets and all are fine as for Graphics card its a new N7600GS and its working ok just ran SFRU as a tester cos its heavy and it ran fine no problem

8)

Hi guys I will try and make this short
    some short while ago I upgraded my spec , I now have a dual drive pc with a 320 Gb Seagate sata 11 with vista and a 160 GB WD with xp... F11 boot to choose,at the same time I fitted 4 x 512 sticks,matched from Crucial giving me 2Gb dual channel ram on Asrock P4V88 MB

now the doozy
    For the last 4 weeks it has all ran perfectly in fact if you look thro the forum you'll find I may be one of the few running Crossfire MP on Vista ( with a little expert help from the forum. )
    then 4 days ago I booted up on xp and halfway thro setting the d/top up it froze had to power down to restart, got a little further d/top ok services running,log onto mail ok ,start reading mail and it crashed,powerdown again reboot 4 times, it would get to the welcome page and freeze,so I moved to the other drive,started Vista,again got to welcome page then froze after that I couldnt even get to bios just a black screen ... mucho horro, swearing and tapping of feet etc.
    I spent all that day trying to figure out the problem/solution,
    tested drives one by one including my 3rd storage drive which has xp on and none would work so on the basis of 3 failures unlikely dismissed that as reason
    power unit working ok I had it running with just 1 drive and 1 dvdwriter hooked up and with all units as well no failure there
    swopped GFX card with old one which is still ok,still no joy
    then I got to the RAM,the last thing I'd seen was the post page and all the ram showed up as detected all 4 sticks anyway I removed them all,laid them in order as they came out and tried them one by one surprise !!! no 1 stick ok booted up fine xp and vista started ok same with all the sticks all Aok repeated for each socket
    so then I started fitting them back in pairs then 3 then all 4
    this is the result
    all sticks Aok all sockets Aok
    if I fit 1 its ok... if I fit any 2 it fails ... if I fit any 3 its fine ... if I fit 4 it fails
    it seems it will only accept single channel ram it will not accept dual channel at all
    like I said it has been running fine for quite some time,until now
    running 3 sticks for 24 hrs plus no failure at all even vista is running sweet.I've been all over the web trying find answers,most I found on the exact problem were no help really
    I have updated bios by 2 versions but that has not helped
    so Im throwing it over to you guys and sorry that was as short as I could be

8)

Thanks to all of you , I'll get used to it all and I will have fun regardless ... got to get my ship back soon tho' wallowing around in a Drom' is a bit well...like putting stabilisers back on y pushbike after learning how to ride a Ducati , however it will serve a purpose namely to get me that Bullpup , not going to be easy this time round and it will take some time and credz to get this little lot again

my shopping list

Nomad cannon x 6 (0 energy usage)
    Adv Debilitator turrets x2
    Rapier turret x1
    Sunslayer or Coalition torpedo depending on the task at hand
    Ripper mine
    I.C.D
    Protector Freighter shield class 7
    Twin Xenon thrusters (personally , the best balance between thrust , energy use and cost)
    Power Generator MkV
    Adv subspace scanner
    Heavy tractor beam
    Armour class 10

with the options if I wish or if I choose another VHF

Shield upgrade Mk2
    Adv Brigandine class 10

Golden Blade Mk2 x2
    Dom K'vash Annihilator x1
    PPC x2
    Nomad blaster x4
    Coalition gattling x4
    Diamondback x2

that was/is a formidable ship but I have the data base so I know where most of the gear is just need to kill a few nomads and DK for the rest teehee

:))

Hi everyone I have been a Singleplayer for...oh I dont know how long,now I've entered the MP arena.If you see me treat me gently wont you? :D
    I'm only in a little Starflier at the moment not much of an opponent anyway .

I believe theres a bar on taking on anyone under level 30 although I cant find the rules of combat at the moment , a link to them anyone ?
    so I will have time to grow.

I do know I can't copy any of my SP saves over,shame I'm rather wealthy,on max level and well armoured,flying a Bullpup Mk3... hangon that would make me a TARGET
    8o

I am a Freelancer in the true sense of the word both in life and ingame ,lone wolf solitary eagle,call me what you will ,what I am trying to say is I like to fly alone no Clan affiliation. I am an explorer first warrior second . At the moment anyway I may change my mind in the future.

One thing I will have to adjust to is in game chat something I have not done before apart from shouting to the next room to my mate when we tried a LAN setup
    :)
    so If you initate first contact and I do not reply please dont think me ignorant I may be having trouble with my transmitter

be seeing you ;)

edit
    Hmm thanks DrStraw I think

well after my first contact I must admit to walking away slightly dazed and confused.
    I appear to have affiliated myself with someone/group/clan ? I accepted help when maybe I should have backed off for a while, however I enjoyed their company

one thing I did check to my dismay I found I am now level 41 oops no soft ride for me now :))

Thank you , that actually made sense to me.

I must be learning something :)) I'll try again later today.

( it was [E5} btw )

I walk amongst Gods

rt clik icon , run as admin , straight in no problem at all few patches ran then I created char clik and Im on Manhatten pootled round the bar for a while launched to space total crash lost cursor task manager to restore control try again
    lots of patches ran this time clik straight into Manhatten space off I go

I'm pleased to announce I have lost my online virginity 8)
    presently esconced in Newark having had my wings removed by some nasty nasty Rogues
    I got their numbers I will see them later especially Kevin Key

when I can find a bigger stick :P

re firewall and a/v running norton '07 security 'cos it came free from BT and AVG 7.5 beta
    and its Vista Ultimate

Install went ok nice and clean no problems also followed
    recomendations re MSinet , changed it from the original 1998 cab file to the newer one

launched CF from FLMM and got the window open , it

makes contact commences updating Downloading patch rules then stops then a message appears as follows...

Crossfire Update not found ... only Singleplayer available [E4]

so I click on Single Player button and get this message in a separate window...

Problem starting Multiplayer [E4] (ok) (close)

close that and nothing happens SP doesn't start

Ah well it occupied 5 hrs of my day

Hi guys my two pennorth for what its worth

I wanted Vista so after reading around forums for quite a while I decided,what with some of the new games coming through that it was worth a go,however plenty of people were having a rough time with installing and getting up and running and were screaming allsorts of profanities.
    My solution was to take my Icybox storage drive,clear it out and install Vista on there. I had a few initial problems,1st install failed within 2 hrs 2nd lasted 5 days untill I hit a MS update problem,the updater needed updating to update the O/S,but wouldnt download the update.
    For some unknown reason I decided the drive was failing a scan showed some bad sectors so I replaced it with a new drive,got a bargain 320Gb sata11 seagate barracuda 50 quid,fresh install first operation immediatelyd update Vista, it is now working perfectly 14 days on.
    I now have dual drive different O/S on each one,F11 to choose bootup and I'm away.
    I know not everyone either has a spare drive or the dosh to purchase but it is one way of dealing with what will be a temporary problem all be it for a few years, until we all run Vista or its offspring.
    One thing I have noticed is several of my programmes are not 100% compatible with Vista and it asks if I'd like to run them in a suitable mode , shame it doesnt ask the same for Crossfire MP
    I was about to install Crossfire on here tonight if I can find my mods folder,I still have it on XP running fine,come to think of it I havn't run the game since I installed a new Gfx card either but after reading here I dont forsee any problems , I may try the MP setup and see what happens :]
    be seeing you