lost char ?

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by goodone.

• Hi Guys
    I finally reinstalled FL after installing a new mobo and I am running CF mod on Vista , been a while since I flew so I've been pootling around NY in openplay for an hour setting controls again shooting rocks dodging asteroids , then decided to cross to MP after I was comfortable , I've already run MP on Vista a few months ago , however ... when I got to the select character screen I wasnt able to choose , no character , hmm I thought ??? right I'll have to create a new one but!!! when I type in Aukmune I get a message saying this name is already taken . I am assuming this is from the previous time I joined up . I just spent the last hour scouring the forums for an answer now I've gone word blind , if it is there I cannot see it
    8)
    Q?
    How do I access my first char ?
    What have I got wrong ?
    someone please point me in the right direction :)

All those moments will be lost in time , like tears in rain . Time to die.

• u need the MP-ID that u used when playing on the server. if u did not note it somewhere, it is now lost and so r ur old chars, as u cannot access them. but they do use ur old char names, as the files r still on the server.

now u need to start with a brand new char and a brand new char name.

to save these new chars, u may want to save the MP-ID this time. use the tool "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Freelancer/EXE/myflaccountid.hta"

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• maybe op will b so nice to delete that previous account on server, so u can use the same name again... but u'll have to ask him really nicely. :D

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po

• If you have your original MPID, and have been gone a good while, your char most likely is in storage. Send OP a PM for account re-activation; if you still can't access it, then either your MPID is wrong, or the char is corrupt, and need to be deleted... Welcome back! 8)

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

Originally posted by Centaurian
    your char needs to be deleted... Welcome back! 8)

:D :D :D

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• oops [redface]
    thanks guys strangely enough I automaticaly noted the MPID this time but cannot remember if I wrote it down last time , had soooooooooo much to think about since then
    I'll look through my mod notes

All those moments will be lost in time , like tears in rain . Time to die.

• btw, also a good time to fix ur signature. :D

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po