Posts by Ajay

That reminds me a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky or Call Of Pripyat games, where you can modify your weapons and outfit. Well, I dont think that could be possible in FL, but here is an idea: create an item called "Full Ship Upgrade", which can be Power Generator, Shield Upgrade, Armor Upgrade in all and additionally can have a negative cargo space (cleaning cargo space by tightening ship's systems). Or more special types. For example, ERA (explosive reactive armor) could protect from rocket damage, Power Accumulator could increase the ships power cells (without increasing its regen), or a Armor Regenerator could make your armor regenerate from, for example, reactor's exhaust or a star dust, microscopic debris, etc.

If it is all codable, of course.

REDACTED: Another suggestion: some DK equipment for sale on DK stations. Shields, missile launchers, DK thruster, some kind of DK power generator (it could be OP, but "living conditions" in Inner Core are not a child's sandbox too) and armor/shield upgrade, etc. And BTW, why Coalition uses Sirius-developed shieldgens? They should have their own shields at least (not talking about station/capships turrets, cruise disruptors, mines and CM droppers)(Seems to pedantic, if it is - ignore suggestion)

Well... Thats the reason why if I even would buy a Nomad BS - just for screens, not for actual combat. :)
    And, BTW, BSses have a world of trouble when its about Trade Lanes and Jump Gates.
    Back to the "new flyable ships" - I think not so much ships are needed.

Hmm... Well, MOAR SHIPS!!!111 - is just a good idea. But when I played SP, i had a little time to search something (thats why when I played SP quests - ol' good Sabre all da way), and thus I even dont know where to get them
    Oh, and my own dream: IRL Hind helicopter (Or Apache... Or a Havoc...) without a rotor, but with engines (on place of exhaust tubes) as a transport/heavy fighter :)

How about a mission char (overwritable/deletable) per ID:
    1. fill/copy char stuff to new char and alter to mission details
    2. kick player bcs of mission and stay kicked until mission aborted or completed
    3. Fill/copy changes to original char

Well - it sounds easy, but might not be - dunno

Hmmm... A Co-op in MP? Great idea!
    Or you were talking about SP?

SP and MP files are technically the same, so we can't "give" stuff in singleplayer's market that don't appear on multiplayer.

Thx, man, on next time i will know.
    Oh, just remembered: it is possible to "deploy" temp bases during a quest. So, it is possible to sell such a thing only during SP quest. If crossbreed this idea with my post in "flyable ships" thread, it will be possible to get such an OP thing only for a single mission. But we will have a threat of cheaters, which will be able to get their hands on this thing.
    But that will be easier just not to add this thing :).

nice ideas but they cause additional lag on the server (we tried that stuff before)

Yep, that could be a lag. From the other side, that could be only-SP weapon, but that would be not rational (sorry, dunno what word to use) to create a complicated weapon just for SP.

And, when I was thinking about it, i had seen it as an battleship-only weapon, and took IRL R-36M (aka SS-18 Satan) as a base.
    Fresh idea: instead of deploying missiles, deploy homing mines. Oh, that also could be laggy... But then, you can just hold your mine drop button and... Nevermind, reload time wont allow it.

I just dont know how to switch back to the original ship after these missions.

Yes. That would be hard. But whats about this idea:

Main Protagonist (M.P. for short) gets imprisoned by somebody (Coalition Rogues, or a Coalition Traitors, or DK, or some other aliens), but somehow manages to sneak/break from the prison and escapes on such a special ship. In this reason, M.P. must escape and land on a mission waypoint. And because he lost his ship, he gets a default ship with default package from Juni/Orillion/Coalition High Command(if they're still frendlies)/some other frendlies.

I saw such a concept in a not-well-known Russian SP mod. During the quest, M.P's ship was stolen and he got just a "lifeboat"

Ahh, just another pack of ideas.
    One guy on ModDB said something about new weaponry in FL. For example, long-range cruise missiles.
    Further development of his idea: cruise missiles with MIRV (i.e. serveral independent warheads with independent guidance). Is it codable?
    Well, in one Russian Singleplayer mod (Called Curse of the Dom'Kavash, made by elite-games.ru fans) i saw a multiple rocket launcher system, called "Система РОЙ" ("SWARM system") - launches 5 missiles per shot. I used such a thing (really awesome).
    And, about a universe map. The new sector's systems are just overlayed one above another. In the same mod, there was a expanded universe map, so it can be possible to expand your sectors maps.
    Al suggestions above are not necesssary. You can warn me if I deployed too much activity.

Well, sending prisoners to execution chambers sounds much more "human" and better than lowering all the human race like to send your own ppl to be feeden, mutated and tested on by aliens, especially since they may do too many tests on them then get to see how "we work" and simply control us all. This is just soooo wrong.

Oh, my misanthropy... Nevermind that post :) And about control... Yep. The Second Generation of Nomads (Our blue-violet "friends" may also be the reason why DK have no need in their xenoresearch). Next time think twice before posting :).

Maybe we could also get Female Prisoners... but well, that'd be a commodity, or maybe they can also be escape pods from awesome LSF chicks... or other Police forces :D Some that you might keep for a while before selling xD
    But this would attract the wrong type of people...

Yep. That could attract a helluva immature guys of my age or lower(I can control myself about it, mb because I was grown under a mum's watch).

And that would be the helluva coding (or I am just dont understand the coding).

Further developing that idea: the Female Prisoners' pods should cost higher. On simple bases too (Oh, i'm getting more and more cruel. I need to relax and get some tea).

Words from myself: poor gals... I barely can guess WHAT will happen to them if you will sell them on pirate bases:(

Yeah, many of them are awesome and would be cool to pilot them, but most of them are not made to be pilotable by players, but by NPCs. Same as those ASF and CSF special ships arround X3043 and such... they are awesome and would even be a good motivation for the ASF vs CSF human battles (by us, players, where this already exists), but still, it was too hard or, complicated to add them, and the requests got denied.

Well, thats sad :( I wished to fly something like Kurgan gunboat... Well, that was just a minor wish (the same as wish to fly a Nomad Strike Carrier ;) ), so I think I can live with it.

The feeding idea was sarcasm...

I'd guessed :) Well, not for feeding - for example, for researching physiology, anatomy and so on... Without necessity to kill a test subject, of course.
    And, second variant: research stations (Such as Willard, Ames, etc) can buy pods, for D-class (Disposable) personnel (j/k)

You mean, send them to feed the hostile races, right ?
    With no ship, no heavy weaponry, and against alien evolved dogs and other animals who have no problem in eating human flesh...

Yep, seems like "a bit" cruel... But when i was in Inner Core in SP with cargo hold full of prisoners, I thought right this way =)

The energy weapons here are separated in like 6 classes, I don't see a use of showing that a missile is a missle and a gun is a gun, but maybe the gun type would actually be usseful.

I just meant a cosmetic name change in description. Because, just name a gun "Coalition Gattling" - is not Coalition way (is not russian way at least), it could have something like index (And because to remember all of the indexes can be hell of a brainfry, the former name must remain). Well, I could think more about gun types definited by letter.
    Oh, and BTW, the first number can define the gun class. So Coalition Gattling could be named like this: 10G42 Coalition Gattling.
    Well, at least, that is just a tertiary suggestion

Just another suggestion, about Coalition weapons.
    If their names are placeholders, I think they should have an index similar to IRL GRAU index.
    *E* for energy weapons, *M* for missiles and *T* for torpedoes, where * - a numbers.
    For example: "2E42 Coalition Gattling"
    If you dont like - just ignore.

could be a new market for the prisoner pods we sell.

I think there should be some another place to sell prisoners. When I played SP, after mission 8 i had to waste a pretty big sum to get access to at least Newgate.
    Yes, I had a heavy fighter and a big cargo bay, but how would the LF pilots be?
    Variation: the pirate bases can buy prisoner pods, but for a lower price.
    Variation 2: make them take less place in cargo hold.
    Variation 3: just ignore a newbie's suggestion =)

Really nice work! Cant wait to play it!
    Sometimes I thought that Vanilla Freelancer itself got a pretty nice graphics even for 2009-2010. Now i even think THIS will be pretty nice even in 2015-2016. And even longer.