Posts by Zifix

Yeah, but I still will be blown to pieces without being able to upgrade my hardware.

Anyway, it's reproducible: I leave with the objective "Fly to the waypoint" and a couple of jumps away (NL initially, now Inner Core) it suddenly spawns the Drones and switches to "Destroy the Incoming Drones"

I can't really figure out how I accidentally hit the trigger there. I'm lightyears away from the waypoint!

Hi all,
    since I had some trouble with the Drones in Devron, I left the system to purchase better equipment.
    On my way through New London, I saw a Drone for a couple of seconds from the Trade Lane and considered it a curiousity, but didn't think much of it.

Now that I came back to Devron, I couldn't fiond any drones there. I looked for them in New London too, but without success. Trying to reset the mission, I committed suicide in Devron, but still can't find any Drones there afterwards.

I appreciate any ideas and suggestions here, since I'm stuck and don't have a clue on how to continue my campaign.

Ever tried using turret zoom to find stuff? ;)

Yeah, I did my sweeps this way. What are the durrent coordinates by the way? According to the thread it's not B1?

Edit by
    Nvm, it's in B1, just where the map tells you it is.

Hi all,
    this time I'm looking for the best equipment for my new ship and my sources say that you can find the Coalition Turret in Tomsk. I made it to Sovetskaya and - after a couple of sweeps around and through the minefiled - I didn't spot the Tomsk jumpgate yet.
    Is it they still there or was it moved? Could anybody post a screenie of his map when he is directly in front of it?

Sources:
    http://www.swat-portal.com/php…page=Thread&threadID=9585
    http://www.cfdb.sivosten.com/M…on%20System/sovetskya.htm

Thanks. I have access to the Wiki now (didn't work yesterday), but for example about Omicron Theta I still see only the Eagle there. Is this the ship you mean?

Edit by

husker
    I did some statistics on the weapons:
    If you apply the formula

Code
    1. (Hull Dmg + Shield Dmg) * Range / Power Consumption

Edit by

then indeed the Coalition Gatling, Phoenix Project Cannon and the Dom'Kavash Annihilator are about 1/3 better than the Sirius weapons. Among them Wildfire is top according to this formula.

Edit by

Edit by
    Due to its low power consumption, among the Altair weapons, the Annihilator leads. So as soon as I get my new ship, I'll go Dom'Kavash hunting :-) To think I once had one of those and sold it!
    [EDIT2]
    I resetted to an older save game and am now using Coalition Gatling and a lone Annihilator. After I played through the mission I again I'll report back on this configuration. I didn't take your advice on the missiles, because I don't like them in general.

Hi all,
    thanks for the tips. I did try to use the engine kill move (maybe I knew it back then when I played FL just after it came out, dunno anymore) and managed to kill 2.9 drones :-)
    Obviously I have to work on my technique and timing, but at least it seems feasible now.

as one from fighters available in Om-Theta

Which one do you mean? According to my map, there only sell the Eagle there (and its specs are not particularily impressive).

Edit by
    Well, there is no indicator for "turn rate" there. Maybe it's much better than the Redemption in this regard.

Hi all,
    I'm now well into the CF SP missions and encountered the first real stumbling block called Ancient Drones.
    I scanned them and looked up the specs of their equipment on the web and can't believe how this scrap makes them this tough! Maybe they are cheating :-D

Well jokes aside, I once barely survived the first drone and got killed by the second before I turned my ship around. After that I lured them to the station, but neither the asteroids nor the station guns bothered them much - it didn't help that GMG seemingly serves too much alcohol to the gunners!

So, out of ideas I came here to maybe find weak spots or useful strategies to fight them. My ship is still a redemption with Champion shield and 6 lvl 10 guns (Diamondback and Cerebus).

Thank you in advance for every useful hint!

Thanks for the info. Maybe you can hide the quests in the news till then? That was what got me confused initally! I even found the data disk in the Nephele system.

I also saw that all accesses to the X system are closed but via Custodian. Is that a bug maybe?

Edit: Also where is the issue tracker you mentioned? I've found the bug shown in the attached screenshot.

PS: I have a fully equipped Redemption and 240 million credits. Still doubts I am prepared for whatever is coming?

I don't have any waypoints. Am I supposed to?

The hypergate: Also the ion cannons at the gate are shooting at me, but I managed to sneak in and was killed just when hearing the overfamiliar "Dock denied".
    Hyperion: also closed

I don't know if it's related, but I haven't finished the vanilla campaign. Is this related?

Hi,
    I started playing SP and am doingn quite well with the new equipment.
    Now that I've got a good ship, I wanted to start on the quests. So far I've found the following:

• Initial quest: I tried going to Nomads Lair and also found the wormhole to Death Valley, but I always get "Docking denied" when trying to access it. How can I "unlock" it?
    • Search for Earth: I figure I'm supposed to go to Sol, but I cannot access the Hypergate. Again, how can I unlock it?

Thanks in advance for every helpful reply :-)