Several CF SP questions

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Zifix.

• Hi,
    I started playing SP and am doingn quite well with the new equipment.
    Now that I've got a good ship, I wanted to start on the quests. So far I've found the following:

• Initial quest: I tried going to Nomads Lair and also found the wormhole to Death Valley, but I always get "Docking denied" when trying to access it. How can I "unlock" it?
    • Search for Earth: I figure I'm supposed to go to Sol, but I cannot access the Hypergate. Again, how can I unlock it?

Thanks in advance for every helpful reply :-)

• The link is outdated, as using the searcher don't give you a permalink.

Zifix:
    Just in case, you must be sure you are going with normal flight (no unusual cheats like to, skip space to shorten your trips, it'll ruin the sequence of the campaign).

In case you're going all normal in the campaign (which how I think it is), then make sure you haven't skipped a waypoint (like when you saw the gate, going to the gate directly instead of the waypoint the mission gives), you must always first acomplish the waypoint(by going over it) then do what you think goes next.

The only reason possible (except a technical bug) for your issues is that you skipped a waypoint or part of a story at that moment, and if you don't follow the sequence, the campaign won't open you the gates.

If you are sure you went with full cruise and acomplished all waypoints you see turn by turn, and it's still not working, then you may report it to OP by PM or using the Ticket System.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I don't have any waypoints. Am I supposed to?

The hypergate: Also the ion cannons at the gate are shooting at me, but I managed to sneak in and was killed just when hearing the overfamiliar "Dock denied".
    Hyperion: also closed

I don't know if it's related, but I haven't finished the vanilla campaign. Is this related?

• Are you playing "Open SP" ? We can asswer your questions better I think if we know.

Good voyages

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• No, I'm in the middle of the vanilla campaign right now.

If I needed to reinstall Crossfire mod with OpenSP enabled, could I keep my save games?

Edited once, last by Zifix ().

• That means you are in normal SP !

of course you have all systems restricted while doing the vanilla campaign, just do the missions turn by turn and don't rushup to the CF ones.

There are 33 SPmissions now, and you stillhaven't finished the first 13 ones, so obviously you won't do mission 20 while you are at quest 10 ^^

Always go for the waypoints and missions you see, you can't make them in other order than that. So for now, the vanilla missions, then you will get the waypoints and extended part of the story :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I want only add that this was one from requested things for SP in 1.9 ... restrict access to some systems. Later when you finish classics SP you will learn fast why :) ... enjoy campaign and be prepared for extra fun in many new SP missions which will start asap when you end classic campaign ... you will go trough whole CF history!

• Thanks for the info. Maybe you can hide the quests in the news till then? That was what got me confused initally! I even found the data disk in the Nephele system.

I also saw that all accesses to the X system are closed but via Custodian. Is that a bug maybe?

Edit: Also where is the issue tracker you mentioned? I've found the bug shown in the attached screenshot.

PS: I have a fully equipped Redemption and 240 million credits. Still doubts I am prepared for whatever is coming?

Files

Edited 2 times, last by Zifix ().

• Nah, that's just a visual bug that usually happens at FL, not sure how to fix it.

There is no real bug until you find one, there are moments where it's often that an error happen, but not always, even if it happens, you can find how others passed over that issue by searching here.

Anyway, you aren't prepared for what's coming whatever equipment you bought, know why ? Because the best weaponry is gainable while doing such missions, in the ending part you will find very strong aliens but with very strong weapons ;) Well, just few of them are really worth the efforts, but test them all.

With or without doubts and fear, you will still continue ^^

Good luck on it.