Destroy 3 Ancient Drones - Devron

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Husker.

• Hi all,
    I'm now well into the CF SP missions and encountered the first real stumbling block called Ancient Drones.
    I scanned them and looked up the specs of their equipment on the web and can't believe how this scrap makes them this tough! Maybe they are cheating :-D

Well jokes aside, I once barely survived the first drone and got killed by the second before I turned my ship around. After that I lured them to the station, but neither the asteroids nor the station guns bothered them much - it didn't help that GMG seemingly serves too much alcohol to the gunners!

So, out of ideas I came here to maybe find weak spots or useful strategies to fight them. My ship is still a redemption with Champion shield and 6 lvl 10 guns (Diamondback and Cerebus).

Thank you in advance for every useful hint!

• Do you use engine kill and strafing?
    btw answer is simple, you need to learn to fight ;)
    Be free to visit us at server, there we can show u some tricks so u can come back into safety of SP and kill them all with new skills.

p.s.
    Do not despair, In 1,9 even experienced CF pilots use the wing formation to hunt them!

• Hello Fifix :)

I'm sure you can found few good guidance how to deal with them with little search. But for your situation I might give you this hint:

Edit by
    I see you search a little :) .. good, now try spoiler above :).

• edit:

mods :P

Edited 4 times, last by Husker ().

• Hi all,
    thanks for the tips. I did try to use the engine kill move (maybe I knew it back then when I played FL just after it came out, dunno anymore) and managed to kill 2.9 drones :-)
    Obviously I have to work on my technique and timing, but at least it seems feasible now.

as one from fighters available in Om-Theta

Which one do you mean? According to my map, there only sell the Eagle there (and its specs are not particularily impressive).

Edit by
    Well, there is no indicator for "turn rate" there. Maybe it's much better than the Redemption in this regard.

Edited once, last by Zifix ().

• Believe me, many data you can have are obsolete :D. To do some exploring is very vital :)

Edit by
    In 1.9 are added more new ships and all ship were rebalanced. Some fighters have very nice parameters. Turning speed is not most important feature in fight (or only one). Flight model in 1.9 changed.

• Atm existing is, but it is clan databse. Here on portal is now created Crossfire Lexicon. Access there is for ppl who are active here (need to have activity points) (read here). It works for example when you write in post Omicron Theta, Ancients or Ancient Drone ... you see link to Lexicon.

• Thanks. I have access to the Wiki now (didn't work yesterday), but for example about Omicron Theta I still see only the Eagle there. Is this the ship you mean?

Edit by

husker
    I did some statistics on the weapons:
    If you apply the formula

Code
    1. (Hull Dmg + Shield Dmg) * Range / Power Consumption

Edit by

then indeed the Coalition Gatling, Phoenix Project Cannon and the Dom'Kavash Annihilator are about 1/3 better than the Sirius weapons. Among them Wildfire is top according to this formula.

Edit by

Edit by
    Due to its low power consumption, among the Altair weapons, the Annihilator leads. So as soon as I get my new ship, I'll go Dom'Kavash hunting :-) To think I once had one of those and sold it!
    [EDIT2]
    I resetted to an older save game and am now using Coalition Gatling and a lone Annihilator. After I played through the mission I again I'll report back on this configuration. I didn't take your advice on the missiles, because I don't like them in general.

Edited 3 times, last by Zifix ().

• i rate weapons:

1. Projectile speed //for better aim all babies should have the same speed// eg nomad blaster and salamanca, acient gun and skyblastB ...
    2. Range
    3. (hull dmg * refire rate)= dmg per sec
    4. (shield dmg * refire rate) = dmg per sec

Missiles:
    later you shall love them.