CF Database update

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• The CF database on the CF page got an update (thx to centaurian)

before you all rush there to have a look ..... oh wait ... no go there and have a look now... i dont want to destroy the surprise ^^....

back?

what?password? oh yeah.... surprise!!!!
    I dont want that every new player can go there and get all information needed without playing the game... so we have a password now
    the password is changing daily and it can be found somewhere on the CF server... surprise!!!!!!

well all you need to do is to get it from there... so search for it... scan whatever you can scan... check the neural net... somewhere in CF it is

the database is just for the experienced players that need to look up something due to the fact that its quiete impossible to remember everything
    there is no need to spoil the fun for others

Note: the passwords that you can find in CF will start working 12th march 5am GMT and are valid just for 24h

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• its better this way ...
    if nothing else, players will ask us for help, lol, and need to be longer on server in order to gain few secret locations --- DK space exspecially

hm, but since there is a password for that ... i think we could store every location in there now ... like for Lost Paradise and Utopia

• i think this is a better place to post this...how can i get that password if i can't play on the server?

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• If you can`t play the server, then what`s the point of a database for you?

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• BTW, if (...ok, when!) you find errors or broken links in the database, please post them here, so I can fix them all together, and OP only has to link ONE corrected copy... 8)

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• @ca
    bretonia link didnt work .... but i fixed it
    the database which is online was a little bit changed to make the font more visible
    if you need the changed version ill zip it and sent it back

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Gallery !!! ^^

And my pics are there ^^ w00t :D

EDIT : What pass we have to use to enter the databse ??
    If iots one from the forum its not working :((

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• @ Tyrael:

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    the password is changing daily and it can be found somewhere on the CF server... surprise!!!!!!

well all you need to do is to get it from there... so search for it... scan whatever you can scan... check the neural net... somewhere in CF it is

My Homepage

(\__/)

Originally posted by LaserJet6L
    If you can`t play the server, then what`s the point of a database for you?

ehmmm....i play in SP and i still want to know some locations in DK space...like the JH to ptah :D:D:D

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

@ca
    bretonia link didnt work .... but i fixed it
    the database which is online was a little bit changed to make the font more visible
    if you need the changed version ill zip it and sent it back

Yeah, there was one link broken in the version I sent you... It would be cool to send me the zipped verion you are using, but cut out the image folders, so it is easier to DL. You will have no problem re-inserting the image folders once any new corrections have been completed. :D

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Originally posted by sunslayer
    i still want to know some locations in DK space...like the JH to ptah :D:D:D

Solution: search for it...

My Homepage

(\__/)

• @centaurian_alpha

i dont know if this is a mistake or its done by purpous: in CF database there was before also a place where the players could see all king of places where they could buy items, equipment, where they could find hidden wrecks, etc ..

well, if this is on purpous, then its ok
    my opinion is next: DONT put this information back in the Cf database .. some players here already know even to much (hehe) and it should stay like this ... if new players want to find the hidden wrecks or anything of that type, they can either scan the current database or ask someone in-game

• I have to agree with inferno on that one.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

i dont know if this is a mistake or its done by purpous: in CF database there was before also a place where the players could see all king of places where they could buy items, equipment, where they could find hidden wrecks, etc ..

Well, since I have not yet seen OP's edits to the D-base, I do not know about those other features. I was using a version I got from JtaK "back in the day", and it did not include the ships/equipment section which was seen on the CF homepage. However, all ships available in CF1.7 are listed in the individual base data, as well as special equipment items like gensets, PPC's, etc. Wrecks were also listed in the individual system pages, but I do not know what has been changed after I submitted it...

• we better leave it the way it is now ...

maybe updating the new systems (lost paradise, all 3 unknowns and Utopia in MAPS) and nothing else ...
    there is time for these things and i believe every clan, well organized one, has all these informations on its clan website or somewhere stored ...