CF will not work

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• About an hour ago, i re-installed FREELANCER, got all my screenshots off the computer and onto my flash drive, and cleaned my computer of anything crossfire related. However, when i downloaded and re-installed the mod, it wouldnt (and still wont) activate. It says some interface file isnt loading right.

If my PC is cleaned of anything even remotely related to Freelancer and Crossfire and there is nothing to trip the installation, what is causing this? If i cant figure this out soon, im playing on a vanilla server or another server with a good mod.

Crossfire Characters:
    (IOC){Dark_Angel} and any derivatives thereof.

• If you are using an older version of MOD Manager, there are files still on board the PC.

You have to reload FL from scratch after deleting all FL files in Programs, delete any and all FL files from MOD Manager.

Now the tricky part: Reload MOD Manager and RENEW the INI files by going to TOOLS, RESTORE BACKUPS.

Any Bad INI files get wiped on this function and you should be good.

If not let us know.

I went through the same thing dude. :D

Returning from the ashes of outrageous misfortune 8).

• you guys write tooo much:

steps:
    1. delete everything that has something to do with freelancer
    2. restart comp
    3, install everything again (FL, FLMM, CF 1.7)
    4. activate your internet
    5. play the game

no some dumb restores ....

and SAVE your ID key ...

• And to add to inferno's list.

Install Freelancer , actually run it once into the intro to be safe.

Install the Mod Manager, open it and close again to be safe.

Then install 1.7, close the FLMM down

Restart your PC

Play the game.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Ive tried all of the above several times, and surprisingly, i get the same result. It just wont activate for some strange reason. I completely wiped my computer of everything even remotely related to freelancer, completly uninstalled then reinstalled FL, re-downloaded everything i needed, re-instealled everything one by one, restarted in between installations, and it still wont work.

At this point im saying 'screw it.' Nothing i seem to do is having any effect on the results, and i have no idea what the hell the source of the problem is. CF may be the biggest mod for FL, but that doesnt make it the best. There are plenty of good mods that equal CF which are not as large, and i intend to find one and play it for awhile. Either that, or just play on a Vanilla server.

Crossfire Characters:

• But, did you uninstall the FLMM and completely re-install the FLMM?

I ask this, because I did a clean wipe and install last week and I had the same issues, turned out to be the FLMM was corrupt.

And the FLMM version has to be 1.3 , not the 1.4.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• On a computer with a clean Vista install I get the following error message when trying to activate the Crossfire mod.

3 files restored and 0 directories deleted
    Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.70 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.70\EXE\MSINET.OCX' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\MSINET.OCX')

I've tried all the uninstalls and complete removals usually recommended. Freelancer runs fine by itself or when started through the FLMM.
    I would really like to play Crossfire again but a the momment it's not looking too good. Any suggestions?
    Cheers!

• Ok here how i usually fix this. Cant give specific route cause i dotn have FLMM installed right now but will be close enough.

1) Reinstall evrythign just like ppl told you above BUT before try to activate the mod for a first time do the following below
    2) go to Start Menu -> Run
    3) type regedit there and press Ok - a Registry Editior will open
    4) go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Freelancer Mod Manager (or whatever is the exact name but you will see it)
    5) when you select the FLMM folder there (in the Registry Editor there shoudl be a registry key saying Read Only or sort of which. When you click twice on it it will open to change value. By default value should be 1. Change it to 0 and press Ok.
    6) look another for key which value says the name of activated mod like "Mods\Crossfire" - delete the key if exist
    7) start FLMM and try to activate

• Simple solution - Make CF work, & never turn off CF again.
    Another solution (tricky, but still doable) - Install FL in the original directory. Then copy all Vanilla FL files (copy, not move) into ANOTHER directory. So you`ll have 2 FL`s on 1 acc (the ID stays the same). So you`ll have 1 FL purely for CF, and the other one testing other mods, o fiddling around with FL modding by yourself. When i`m home, i`ll make a few screenies & show it to you.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• DA, I hope you can get CF working again. You are always one of my fav teamates in combat, those guns are sweeet. The lag has been very good lately. Combat is much much better. Oh, if you run into BG GalacticFire in arena watch your ass m8 !! He is damn good.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• Not just him - all the Bloody BGs are good :-)

@usul - If i ever see that you (bad stuff) about other clans again (no matter if you hide it in Roleplay stories or say it public) it will be the last thing you have said here in this community.

If you have a problem with what Ive said here... then leave my forum and my server!

OK

• BG - Bloody Good ^^

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• well after 15 uninstalls, installs, deleting and trying to activate, the mod is finally working. But I dont have the patch for it, so i dont have multiplayer (i read that the server was back up on another server).

I need a direct link to where the file is hosted so i can download it, unless it was hosted on the server that was destroyed by that cumdrinking twat wolf motherfucker. If that is the case, then i need someone to host teh file soemwhere so i can download it and see what ive missed serverwise.

Crossfire Characters:

• can somebody please upload the 1.7a patch somewhere ?
    i dont have it on my hdd and dont really have the time to search it on the CF server

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• LOL, PC just beat me by a couple minutes :D Here's another link, if you have problems with his:
    http://putstuff.putfile.com/46337/7614127

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• i have installed the game 7 times now (all clean, complete new installations) and could enter the server 4 times afterwards - but only once or twice, not more. after some time i got kicked and couldn't start multiplayer afterwards.

it seems that buying bmg gets one kicked cause of a possible cheat and couldn't start multiplayer again after beeing kicked (after a second kick the last time). i don't know if this also happens after buying normal goods because i didn't buy any of them... :rolleyes:

could this happen due to any point related to the installation process or does this happen due to server sided problems?

The only secure computer is one that's unplugged, locked in a safe, and buried 20 feet under the ground in a secret location - and i'm not even too sure about that one... --- Dennis Huges, FBI.

• the files of the 2 servers dont run syncrone yet
    ill work on this problem this evening

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!