A message to the AFL Crossfire server

There are 32 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Tyrael.

• Guys, I've registered at their forums, and have readen the thread about OP's concerns.
    As I see, they have some problems with connecting to our CF Server, Fine.

Why can't we solve this peacefully by setting some compromises.

And I still don't know why there can't be two Crossfire Freelancer servers. One in Asia, one in Europe. That would make the lag much less.

Sorry if I insulted anyone in this post, but I still don't get why you, OP can't just let others host the mod. If you wan't, PM me about this.

{LP}Admiral-(NL), Signing out.
    Cya in space

Member of the Lost Prophets since 2006!

• well here is a list why this cant be done:

1: (main reason)---> OP has made up his mind to only have the mod on 1 server, and that is how it will stay. he has the legal right to revoke the mod's access to other servers.
    2: ppl r paying for the SWAT CF server other then OP himself and dont want ppl to leave so that their clans get smaller and the server - weaker
    3. along with point 2, OP isnt sellfish, but he has made this mod for this server only because he want every1 who loves this mod to play in 1 place, rather then other mods wich r on many servers and then these servers get fewer and fewer ppl because every1 who loves that mod splits up to a different server....

i hope this helps :)

• 1. unfair treatment - why the people of this community here have to support CF and work for the success and development of the mod itself those guys there dont do this... ppl here put alot of time, work and money into this project while those ppl there do nothing for CF

2. copyright issues
    clans have copyrights on their logos and the information displayed in FL
    I as BG dont like to see ppl break the systemrules of custodian... no matter on which server
    I as creator of this mod dont like to see my work stolen by some ppl there
    I as creator of this mod agreed to uphold the copyright agreements towards other shipwriters and mod creators which allowed me to use their work on the crossfire server and sp only

3. reputation
    we have no influence on what happens on this server... on how the mod and everything included is presented
    right now it is presented in the worst way
    stolen stuff
    edited mod which leaves out many features due to the fact that files simply were replaced
    all in all there is a huge quality loss there which i wont tolerate

4. the fact how those ppl act
    insults, banning the creator of the mod from the server for just registering there, lies and several other things which also would lead to a bad reputation

5. illegal connection to restricted non-public areas of the SWAT-Portal
    those guys created a launcher (which is a violation of the licence agreement) which does connect to a restricted... non-public are of one of the SWAT webservers (which is illegal)

6. broken rules and broken licences
    files of CF got replaced... the launcher got replaced... and therefore the licence agreement was broken

7. the precence of enemy clans of the CF community
    as i have found out 2 enemy clans of CF support this server
    first they cause trouble here on this server and then they think they can go to the other one
    those 2 clans did cause damage to this community and i will never support or allow something that is used by those guys

8. splitting the CF community
    to split a community is the worst thing that could happen and it does happen if it wont be stopped

9. i was playing with the idea of a 2nd CF server for several months already but not under those conditions
    the 2nd CF server will be managed by the SWAT-Portal
    it will run under the rules and regulations of this community
    it will be directly connected with the current CF server (a concept about connecting 2 servers running the same mod where on one server sirius would be running and on the other altair and the inner core)
    but for sure that server wont be afl... not after what they have done

10. the way we handled the mod on just one server made this community strong... the clans grew strong... and the mod and this community had a good base to develop to something bigger
    running CF on many servers would simply be the death of CF

tell me what is the next?
    they took my software and changed it like they wanted to
    so what is the next
    will they release it on LR under a different name and say its theirs?
    no i wont wait for that
    if they still use any of my files on their server... anything that has something to do with CF their server will go down in the same way many others went down before when they tried the same shit

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• To clarify that, to have 1 server mod is the logical way to get the max out of a mod & a community. Major FL mods have only 1 server mod because as it was said, better to have 1 big community than many little ones going around which could die after couple of months. Even people against our community have only 1 server mod because it is the only way to develop a better mod for the community itself.

Anyway, about the copyright, yes, it is one important point, but the main reason is not only copyright infrigement (cause, in a way, mods infringe at some point copyrights) but the community. Through FL mods is the way some people contribute to create internet communities where people can make friends, and grow meeting people from all around the world, share different ideas, point of views, and interests.

best regards,

RG

[4] Don´t argue, [3] Just Do it

Good Friends are Forever [prost]

We always remember the ones who are not with us within our heart

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS7lS4fP_wc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS7lS4fP_wc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="350"></embed></object>
    My Mind is Free & My Imagination would take me to places I never dream of 8)

• well ive been threated to be banned from the forum if i dont stop posting about that topic... well ok

they have time till 1st january to take the mod offline... if they wont do i will...
    send a shitload of proofs to their ISP ... that they host pirated software on their server and break copyrights in 18 cases
    i will do the same to the ISP of their forum due to the fact that they break copyrights there aswell
    additionally to that they can expect that their community, the server and the forum will be blacklisted on the whole lancers community (something like this did happen before already when ppl did steal a mod in the past)
    not to mention that i will make sure that THEIR CF server wont run stable any longer (it doesnt matter if they get their download from the SWAT server or from their server... i can do that without any problem)

if they think i make jokes then they should ask the others which tried to do the same shit before

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @ SWAT_OP-R8R
    You've being reasonably patient with an apparently arrogant bunch of folks who've taken it upon themselves to violate a T.O.U. regarding your mod.
    I have to tip my hat and salute you bud.
    I would have castrated them so fast they would have never seen it coming.
    It was incredibly arrogant of them to ban you from their forum.
    As far as I'm concerned...they're history.

• Op , is it possible the lag to be caused by their server...last night it was horrible :(

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• dunno - could be but not because of the server itself

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• agree between SWAT and AFL...

i dont think so !

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu