Space Force 2

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by RGHawk2000.

• as many of you maybe already saw the announcment of the game on LR i decided to open a discusion about the game. well, i dont have it atm (lol, the game comes from Craotia, my country and i dont have it. darn [3] [3] )

as far as i can see it on screenies, the game looks promising: it i a game with many story lines, 2 characters to start with, many factions you can join and it looks futuristic

but, it doesnt have many ships to fly with what isnt so good for al of us who are used to see atleast 50 new ships like on CF :P
    graphic is so-so, not the best, but in the other hand, not to give a gold medal for it

thats my current opinion about the game. maybe it will change after i get the game in my hands

• as far i know u can build ur own ships in this game
    and multiplayer i hope so [40]

cant wait to play it it is awesome did u guys see the in game trailer

THAT says enough

• Hi all, newbie here.

About SF2> Space Force Rogue Universe (new name):

First bad news: No MP aviable for the moment, there is only story mode and open mode. But devs said that if the game is well wellcomed by community they will add MP in an addon or a new game. Im sure they will do it.

For the rest i have been in their forums since almost the beggining and the game really deserve a chance even with the lack of MP.

It has most of the things that FL community was expecting for a new space sim. It has all the good from Freelancer and many more stuff.

About HDR and stuff like that the game has a huge levels of configuration, so you can run it on a old PC with an smooth FPS and you can turn on all your new graphic card settings for the highest image quality. For those who are worried about performance an benchmark just check their forums, you have a section there with several benchmark...
    (http://www.spaceforce2.com/forum/)

I think it will be the first step in the new gen space sims but the lack of MP will make a lot of ppl not to give it a chance. When they will release a MP version it will be the best game since FL.

One more thing, the developers said that they will release some mod support, so thats a pretty good point for the game.

• i hate any potential space game that does not have multiplayer. i am sick of it.. any of the X games could have had it.. this Spaceforce could have..but they don't. Right now .. all i am waiting for is Infinity:Quest For Earth. and maybe Openlancer.( thats only if the ships looks nice cause lately there are lots of WIPs that look like crap.)

• Its true that the lack of MP make the game less interesting but i must say that the gameplay looks impresive. Anyway i have the feeling that they made this first release to get in touch with community and i think they will release after a MP version of it.

BTW release dates are set:
    Germany, Austria, Switzerland
    Jun 2007

UK
    May 2007

USA
    May 2007

France
    Jun 2007

Italy
    Jun 2007

Spain
    Jun 2007

• Space force is out in USA, i get a copy from a friend and installed it. Although i played only 5 mins the "ingame" looks good, promising i would say. Graphics and ligth efects are great. I only played 5 mins because the game can be played with joystick and i tried to, but the joystick config is bugged and doesnt let you config the thrust and the rudder control. There is a general problem with joysticks...and provox is allready working on a patch to fix it. When that will be sorted out i will give it a chance...

What i can tell you is that this game is more RP oriented from the point of view that ship mantainence is needed, and you have to repair it, and upgrade it adding stats not just buying a concrete upgrade. Also you can hire wingmen...wich is a nice option...

I will tell you more when joystick issue is fixed and i can play the game...(you can play with mouse and keyboard also, but i have CF for that hehe)

• well... i played it a bit...

1st mission: "active satellite's" WTF?!?! how to do it???

briefing: 0
    training: 0
    lots of useless controls....

p.s. i may be wrong...

• The main problem of the game is the lack of tutorial, because there are a lot of controls and things that you dont know how to use...

In the first mission i think you have to kill those pirates and then select the sattelites and activate them , i think to activate is the "T" key or ENTER...but not really sure.

• ill see if i can catch marko and ask him when they are going to finish the joystick patch

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• That would be great cause without joystick issue fixed im not playing it at all. It has no sense not to be able to stop your ship.

For the rest i can tell you that i preffer de 3rd view than the copckit one in order to fight agains ships... the fights are quite different from FL...as laser guns have 2 fire modes (normal and burst, there is a 3rd one sniper...but you have to buy a tool for that..) so the energy for lasers goes donw quicker than in FL... about rockets and missiles i cant tell you a word as i have not buy any of them so not used them.

One thing i liked is the fact that you can trade with ships in space...is like if you dock on them...but there is no sequence. But guys at provox made a mistake in the trade screen, there is no organization at all, so ammo, commodities and all are in same screen...and you can see commodities that are named similar to upgrades...and its not clear what is what.

THis is a 5 minutes impressions...i played when CF server went down...so... I hope they fix the joystick stuff cause with mine (logitech extreme 3d Pro) the manuevar is great in 3d camera...

• Hello everyone I've been busy these last few weeks entertaining guests so I've not had time to post but I finished the storyline game a week ago.

my impressions :

The story is very weak , it could have been a comicbook script ,I expected more.

The graphics are excellent , jaw dropping artwork at times.

Gameplay is a short steep learning curve , I spent a good few hrs after the first mission setting up and learning the keyboard layout , then learning how to fly the ship , how I managed to kill those first pirates Ill never know.

I set out to complete the story first so I only did a few side missions mostly satellite activations but they are a way to earn credits . I became a scavenger of wrecks and anomalies, made quite a tidy sum too.

The game gets easier as you progress Doh!!! as long as you upgrade , building up your ship isn't easy but get the weapon upgrades as quick as you can , the rest don't matter so much but you need the punch towards the end of the game.

Then I was done . Universe saved again . At which I was slightly disappointed , no climactic ending no titanic last gasp battle for survival , however a little bit open ended hmm... SFRU2 on the cards somewhere ?

Time to go and play with the configs oh what fun I had , weps racked high , armour a mile thick , engines tweaked to the max , Cloak , Time device which btw are not necessary to the storyline so why have them ? The possibilities there are staggering. Besides they are power hungry and extremely difficult to find.

As soon as my visitors had left I threw myself into several 10 hr sessions , there's a lot to explore , plenty of systems to visit , lots of pirates/aliens to fight with . Millions to be made trading well maybe not millions.
    I actually felt sorry for some of my opponents , all those mean mouthed bods who laughed at me as I ran away during the story.

PAYBACK TIME

In my humble opinion it is Freelancer with a new set of clothes , all in all a worthy neighbour to Freelancer on my games shelf but not a replacement.

now lets see what the modders will do to it
    it's wide open for changes on a large scale

:D

All those moments will be lost in time , like tears in rain . Time to die.

• Spaceforce Rogue Universe is actually Space Force 2

so we would be talking about a Space Force 3
    to find out if there is going to be such a game shouldnt be that hard since i have very good contacts to Provox games and the lead developer of Space Force

what i know for sure is that there was another Space Force game in developement called Space Force Commander (a strategy game)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• sounds very cool, you guys should check out Jumpgate evolution still in development but the screen shots look very very cool and another online RPG weeeeeheeeeeee. lets just hope its better than Jumpgate:)

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• I stand corrected
    There's so much going on I'm find it hard to keep track of existing and up and coming future games and various extensions mods or versions.
    I don't know how you do it sometimes but I am sure I am not alone in thanking all of you for the work you put in.
    I am slowly starting to understand the words Gaming Community
    but please no links nothing new for a while eh? I still have the Babylon project to have a look at yet [rolleyes]

cheers :)

All those moments will be lost in time , like tears in rain . Time to die.

• I know v much ppl which have buyd the game and dont like it, my negative opinions (I have only played demo version):

- A damnit Upgradesystem: You can instantly Upgrade to level 10 or step by step. But what is really annoying, you need still the full resources to upgrade the nex level. better would be:
    1) You can only upgrade level by level
    or
    2) If u upgrade, then ur current upgrade paid resources would be make the next upgrade cheaper
    (in the demo i only have spared for the lv 10 upgrade)
    - No MP. Afaik they have said that they may will make one, but it would be a Deathmatch mode.
    - You cant buy freighter (?)
    - "cheating" NPCs (i.e. v much rocket ammo)
    - And I like the Autopilot in Freelancer much more :D