CF 1.63 previews

There are 292 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Centaurian.

• so, Op, this dynamic trading is like that found in X3: T3h Reunion?
    isnt that the name of the 1.62 xfire release?

I am god of the sea people.

"If you ever touch Mr.Kitty, ill put a M80 in your nutsack and blow your nuts all over your pants."- That goes for shooting at my transport too.

MW Gonna Rule The Earth!

or at least you.

Charachters- [MW]-XXL-[X] [MW]-Cartman-[X]
    [MW]-10-CENT [MW]-KONIG and in development:
    [MW]The_Oak. Thats right, run and hide.

West Coast For Life

...the clan logos and clan systems could need a little bit longer due to the fact that i need a list first of the owned systems O_o (lost the overview during the last weeks)...

Would be fair if you would upload all the clans, not just the server ones...

• Corporal only server clans can own systems and as such have logos on billboards in said systems.

• OP, will these new systems be in a certain area of the map, or scattered out? Is it going to be an Altair expansion, something beyond the DK jumpgates, new borderworld systems, or... ?

The screens are all eyecandy though and the dyanamic features are very exciting. My only concern is that using a soulforge for trade will become very difficult as the vast minority of bases don't have moors, but the challenge will mean more struggle and diversity.

Also, you mentioned random jhs? What does that mean, that fixed jumps go to different places, or that the jumps themselves move within a system? Either way, how is it possible for the nav map to keep up with the changes when you'd have to rechart the CF universe every day to note the changes? It's awe-inspiring, but I'm going crosseyed tried to comprehend the physics of it :D.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• what about capital freighters? I was thinking that the roid miner is beautiful, althought is event only.. Perhaps other options for capital freighters other than the soulforge would be good.. i feel like the traders have been left behind for the last two or three updates.. apart from a few trade routes, of course.

Originally posted by Wavey
    Corporal only server clans can own systems and as such have logos on billboards in said systems.

Didn't thought of that, just mentioning them on CF page that they exist and have a bitter chance for recruitment against the major factions.

• signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Didn't thought of that, just mentioning them on CF page that they exist and have a bitter chance for recruitment against the major factions.

Is upto Clan leaders to post details ect of their clans on the forums.If they cant be bothered that is their loss.

• well ok last update for today....
    due to the recent shit i had to spend much time with other things like talking with ppl i dont really like

as a result of this my time plan got messed up a little bit... i was not able to finish the work on the systems but i was able to fix 2 bugs

cockpits in sol wont disappear anymore
    and the coalition gates will stay there aswell
    (this shit took me almost 3 hours coz i had to recreated everything)

Corporal - if you mean "moving" by "orbiting" then i need to disappoint you

it does not move... but hey the water is already floating so who cares ^^

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I meant orbiting by that Planet Eden on the second screenshot orbits that ringed one (I guess), which has the detailed and flyable surface (again I guess), and planet Eden is visible from the surface of that other planet (and again just a guess, due to the landscape of planet Eden and the one that is visible on the sky is the same).

• I hope that digsite in those screens is Planet Sprague. Coz it`s over 100 years that Spragues docking ring was destroyed...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

Is upto Clan leaders to post details ect of their clans on the forums.If they cant be bothered that is their loss.

@ Wavey: I assume you are referring to the newer servrclans which do not yet have home system billboards? If any new detail is required from serverclans, beyond what is already on the forum, please be specific... 8)

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• i still didnt get the neccessary clanlogos

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• the NY system (now ppl cant say that they didnt find the rules)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Does it scroll and have a musical theme? :D Um... it looks nifty in all seriousness, but does it go away after it's show itself or does it stay there until a person leaves NY?

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• no music
    it does scroll
    its a "hologram" projected about 15k away from manhattan... and it doesnt go away

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Only a suggestion OP:
    Changing the textures of Saturn, Uranus and Neptune to the real colors. Probably not a big deal if you managed to texture Jupiter, Earth, Moon, Mercury and Venus correctly.