Can't find my way to orillian to start the campaign. Says to go to New Berlin but I'm unable to set a course

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• So I finished the campaign and am trying to start the new mod missions. I saw the destination at first, but I had some prisoners and decided to force myself to a detour in order to dump them off at a prison in Texas. Well after I took off the waypoint to orillian vanished and when I try to set a course, there is no option to set a course to the planet. Am I going to have to manually figure out which area goes where in order to find new berlin? Seems a bit of a hassle. Is there no way to get the waypoint to orillian to come back up? I don't even know why the waypoints aren't working, they worked fine during the campaign when I wanted to go somewhere.

EDIT: I flew back to Manhattan and the waypoint re-appeared. I wish I knew why I can't set waypoints since the mod started though.

• I wish I knew why I can't set waypoints since the mod started though.

The entirety of the mod's storyline is essentially grafted onto Freelancer's Mission 13 due to engine limitations. IDT there's anything that can be done.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• EDIT: I flew back to Manhattan and the waypoint re-appeared. I wish I knew why I can't set waypoints since the mod started though.

There is few moments, later in CF added missions to SP campaign (1st time when you go into Order HQ in Sol), when is offered to you "pause" (during cutscene you chose "NO" and refuse to continue in that moment). During paused SP you can set your own travel points, but you are not able take missions in station bars. SP campaign will continue when you return to place where it was paused, there is launched the same cutscene and if you answer "Yes" you will continue in campaign. Here is very likely good moment to say, that is HIGHLY recommended completelly avoid use of "autosave" (also in case you been killed, use your own save for continue!). These saves have corrupted format and is confirmed that they can bring numerous unwanted problems for players later (it can even make campaign umplayable!). Sadly these are hardcoded and therefore we can only warn players about it.

• Btw .. during that first "campaign pause" ... I recommend look little around in Sol system and search eastern part of Sol asteroid belt (outer border). It may bring surprise for you ... :)

• when a mission is active (there is a mission objective) then the normal waypoint system always is deactivated

There is no way to change that.

All you can and should do is to follow the mission waypoints and the instructions on the screen.

Dont leave the path.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!