Community + Server /thoughts

There are 65 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• I've restored installer preview page to its latest form :)

• The webserver switch is still an ongoing process but the most important function at the SWAT-Portal aswell as on lancersreactor.org are working again.

There is still a lot of work to do on the databases since the automatic installation failed on some of them. I am going to check the integrity of these databases in the next few hours and try to do repairs and/or manual installations (manual installations might take a few days).

The earlier reported issues with wrong redirects and/or failures to load the domain on certain pages have been completely resolved by now.

All FTP accesses used for CFDB, CFdev, Launcherupdates etc. have been reset and will be given to the people which require these accesses.

Website Cache is still building up again. Dunno how long it will take. Ping to the new server is slightly higher (minimal) but the overall process time even without cache seems to be better.

I will enable the new Content Delivery Network (CDN) later once I have fixed the issues with the databases. The CDN might (should) improve the response times of media content if your location is far away from the server as this content will then be fetched from a alternative server location closer to you.

The switch to the new server came with the unfortunate side effect that players which just recently installed CF via our old installer or did not receive the new launcher version over the past few weeks wont be able to get any updates anymore. I have disabled the update function on the old server today and moved it to the new one.

Only the latest launcher version is able to connect to the new webserver.

Most important at this point is to restore the update functionality.

Therefore I have released the newest installer version at Crossfire 2.0 Client Edition - SWAT Portal

The new installer will work significantly better than the old one and is compatible with the recent server changes.

The release on Moddb is scheduled to happen in about 2 hours (if you need an alternative download link).

Requirement for the new installer is simply a fresh vanilla FL installation (no FLMM, no patches... just the original game).

The file version has been updated to 2.0.1, but this has no influence on the ingame version.

You might notice that the old installer version (2.0) is still online. For now I will keep it this way. I intend to remove the old version from moddb later but keep it here on the Portal as a backup.

Here on the Portal you also will find a new file which will update the launcher to the latest version (for the people which do not want to use the new installer).

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• The problems with the databases seem to be fixed now. Website cache also should be done by now.

The CDN remains deactivated until i figured out why it causes a script error on some pages.

The final issues with the domains got fixed today.

This means that the old server will shut down tomorrow. The contracts already have been terminated.

Putting a few small issues aside we are done with all this mess.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Whooopeeee

& TY OP

:salutes Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread :patsch: :salutes
    :salutes A Fool and Their Credits are Easily Parted :D
    :salutes Softly, Softly, Catchy Freelancer :P :salutes
    :salutes SMILE :) It Breaks up the Time Between Disasters :thumbsup:
    :salutes I can Only Please one Person Per Day.Today is Not Your Day And Tomorrow does Not Look Good Either :thumbdown: :salutes

• on the new one

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,