SP: After Lost Fleet, no Juni and King scene

There are 28 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Returning to Crossfire after a long absence (new job, and long hospital stay) I decided to do the Lost Fleet story at last.

I have a rather special personal interest in the story, after all. ;

Redoing much of the original FL story and the first few missions in CF, I finally got to the cut scene with Juni and King at Order HQ bar, and as recommended declined to join them.

Went and bought new ship and gear, then found Lt. Slate's anomaly, did the grand tour of Renaissance space, and returned.

However, there is no expected cut scene, and despite trying several things such as leaving Order HQ and coming back, doing return from Renaissance space from saved game, etc., I can't seem to get a way to return to CF missions after the Lost Fleet bonus mission.

I liked the Lost Fleet content a lot, and even though I finished it once long ago, I'd like to continue with the Crossfire story once again after having done the Lost Fleet.

I would appreciate any help in getting Juni and King to show up again in the bar, or viable workaround.

• I am not really sure what to respond.

A few weeks ago I updated the mission bonus missions in order to allow players to return to Order HQ and continue the main story.

All tests I did (and that were many) were successful.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thanks for the quick response.

And thanks for all the work that must have gone into the beautiful new areas!

Yes, I saw that you had made it possible to digress to Lost Fleet and then return to the main story.

It appears that I was just unlucky, unless...was I supposed to wait for some message or mission update while in Renaissance space?

I just toured all of the systems and bases, and returned to Sol system once I had seen everything there seemed to be to see, spoke to a few folks in the bars, etc., and returned without hearing/seeing any mission prompts.

Perhaps I missed a trigger of some kind?

• I am not sure if you missed a trigger at some point (that would require to know every detail you did)

alternative you just can load the last savegame from the main story

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hello Balefire,

nice to see you here on Portal again :) ... what game-save you have used for start yours journey? There should be new triggers, but they will work only if you will start side story from the campaign mission save. I suggest use "Mission 24: Crossfire Chapter 5 - Coalition_" .. there you are asked to go into Bar and Juni & King will ask if you want continue.

And also I suggest patch your game-saves first, I added note to this in article about LF update: Crossfire bonus mission - Lost Fleet

• Hi Martind, it's good to be back, and I'm glad that you remember me.

That was the mission I used, and it seemed fine until I returned.

I did run the patching utility, but it's possible that something went awry there; i'll try it, again since I don't think that should hurt anything.

Since I got smoothly into Lost Fleet space and everything seemed to be fine while there, I was thinking that maybe I was supposed to hang around in Renaissance space until told to return, reminded (other than by the entry in the mission log) to return to Juni and King, or the like.

I'll try the boss's suggestion about replaying from the end of the original story, too.

Once I get home and onto the proper PC, I'll try again.

• I am happy to report that this time, after redoing from the last savegame from the main story as OP-R8R suggested, when I returned from

Renaissance space to Order HQ, the prompt to see Juni and King in the bar worked as it should.

I have no idea what happened last time, but evidently it's OK now.

Thanks very much for your assistance!

• very good

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I am happy to report that this time, after redoing from the last savegame from the main story as OP-R8R suggested, when I returned from

Renaissance space to Order HQ, the prompt to see Juni and King in the bar worked as it should.

I have no idea what happened last time, but evidently it's OK now.

Thanks very much for your assistance!

Hi, please which SP savegame exactly you have used? ....

• Hi,

I used a savegame of the last of the original missions, the one with the attack on the Nomad Dyson sphere.

I played through that and then continued with the Crossfire story, and just in case was discreet about choice of ship: I stayed out of new systems until they were introduced in the story, so instead of going earlier than really "legal" to get a Chimera, I instead legitimately bought a Rapier VHF and played through with that.

Which probably made no difference at all, but I decided--for once in my life--that "discretion is the better part of valor". ;)

• Hi, I have the same problem as Belefire. Can you tell me what is the last trigger? After I get to the first French station, I dock, get the mission message and leave. The mission log states "Awaiting mission objective" and Juni and King are missing at Order HQ on Mars.

Do I have to visit a specific location?

• hmm, maybe SWAT_OP-R8R can look at yours last savegame if you will upload it? I had it working when checked, so dunno what exactly can cause issues ?

• Those are the save game files. The first is at Arles after visiting all tradelane stations in Renaissance space and the Procyon system. Strange things I notice - Info window on visited Renaissance stations does not show detailed information; I see Job menu and missions in the Bars (I think they are not supposed to be there during campaign pause, like in Sirius and Solar system bases).

• will take a look at it but that might take some time

-> ~400.000 lines of code

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• small correction... only ~40.000 lines of code... of which ~9200 shouldn't actually be there

Did you load from an autosave at some point? There is lots of stuff in these savegames which usually only gets stored in there when an autosave is loaded. This also would explain why certain triggers do not work correctly because it seems like it is trying access multiple savepoints at once due to the excess data.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thanks a lot for looking into my messed up save game and sorry.

I used to get CTDs in space and rarely on docking. After trying different shaders - now only on docking and very rare. In that case I loaded the most recent autosave. I probably missed any instructions about autsaves… Do you think, that I can correct the savegame?

• You will need to replay SP campaign from earlier savegame (when there was not used "autosave" before). Sadly, use of these files was repeatedly confirmed for saves-game corruption, and it including further mission-saves. We usually try warn players about this concrete issue, but it is not commonly known alas. You can try use my saves if you will not want go back or are unsure if there was autosave used or not. Send me PM please if interested with package of SP saves.

Note: they need to be patched first like is described here: Crossfire bonus mission - Lost Fleet for assure that newly added NPCs faction, for this latest SP Campaign update, are working correctly.

Edit by
    I've added info about autosaves (as warning) into both articles about CF mod and bonus mission and also wiki (campaign)...

• Do autosaves corrupt also the original campaign? Actually my game crashed more often in the beginning, before I corrected the shader option. So I've been using autosave since the original campaign. Is my entire game process ruined now, or should I start from the CFstart.fl?

I am checking the content of the savegame with SimpleSaveEditor 1.0. Autosaves corrupt only the mission entries inside the savegame or also other stuff? If I get a savegame, that is intact and replace all the mission related lines, would it work?

• autosaves are pretty buggy for some reason

i dont know what such information is stored in them while mission generated savegames are clean

I can in theory fix your savegames if I have a non-bugged template (savegame). The problem is that I had to reinstall my PC and have not played so far again.

Maybe Martind can provide such a savegame and I can merge the required data with your files.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I think I also know someone that has saves throughout the Campaign, just not sure if he has it where you are at the moment.

But in any case, if you do happen to fix it by any Save Game (doesn't matter whose), I can restore your VHF with the weapons, cash etc. that you already had, just say the word.

Though when I had troubles with the CF Campaign before, when restarting the mission via the Autosave, it always worked because it seemed to reset the triggers. Even if not at first, I had it restarted several times until it worked.