server errors (own server setup, not CF)

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by MotokoSusu.

• Upon starting my server when you click the View tab and select the Console option it will list errors and warning. The question I have is for these warnings and errors I an trying to clean them up and correct them. As a example E:\FL\Scratch\Source\Common\CExternalEquip.cpp(142) : *** WARNING: CExternalEquip: Object (0xa3743b03) missing hardpoint (HpMount) for item (0xa7becc0e). The what seems Hexadecimal are the object and the missing hardpoint. I need to know how in the heck do I translate that to where I need to correct the warning. I hope someone can shed some light on this it been driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

thank you in advance to anyone that can help me figure this out

• Martind Forlon

Changed the title of the thread from “server errors” to “server errors (own server setup, not CF)”.
  • Greetings MotokoSusu,

sorry, got little confused and thought that this question is for our Crossfire server. I was mistaken, obviously. You will need wait for SWAT_OP-R8R with such questions.

• hard to tell without really knowing whats inside the mod

most likely related to a ship (which by default require to have a HpMount) or a solar object that has a loadout which uses a HpMount (for whatever reason)

0xa7becc0e = TLR_shield01

search you loadouts for a TLR_shield01 that is mounted on a HpMount

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• where do I find or how do I find what the hexadecimals stands for in the error messages. If I resolve that then it would be easy for me to track down these errors

• i guess the easiest way is to use the crc calc function of FLdev

fldev_1.1d.7z

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• great thanks! it helps a lot. I been able to address many of the errors. would like to ask you couple more question thou. when you create a loadout for anything and place it in the loadout.ini and for instance the object has 9 hard points for turrets on the model but you only equip 6 in the loadout.ini. will then only 6 hard points show up on the object like for a ship? and is that the only place you need to assign those load outs? reason I asking this is because the one error is with a special jump gate it has 8 harp points for turrets and no hard points for lights but is using the jumpgate loadout that has 10 turret hard points and 4 light hard point. I thinking adding a loadout to the loadout.ini that only had the 8 turrets and assigning that as it load out would work. Sadly it seems it is not looking at the newly added loadout. I had checked the hardpoints in the HardCMP so I would know what it had

Edited once, last by MotokoSusu ().

• an object has to have the hardpoints on the cmp if you want to use them in the loadouts.

You can create a default loadout defined by the solararch or you can create custom ones called from the system.

In case of ships its a bit different because of different settings for npcs and player ships.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I had changed all the systems that have the special jumpgate with the new loadout in the loadout section of freelance mod studio.

it seem to not work with clearing up the issue. oh well I guess back to the drawing board