Clan bases integrity check

• Hi guys,

it is no big secret that once every few weeks the Clan bases somehow get bugged and stop working.

We tried to find the source of that problem but yeah... without much success.

As consequence I manuallly checked the config files of the clan bases and restored backups when required in the past.

This of course only worked when players reported problems with these bases and usually the origin of the error happened days, sometimes weeks before the report was created.

The way I see it some random clanbase gets bugged (minor bug) and over time this error spreads to other clanbases like a virus until the amount of problems cause the server to fail spawning these bases completely.

A nice little chain reaction.

Since I dont really want to check the server daily (the process of checking the config of clan bases is somewhat time consuming) I have created a small tool to do that job for me.

After a few test runs I have included this tool into the daily server maintenance right before the daily server restart.

That tool will check the player bases for error.

If none are found it will take backups of the bases.

If errors are found backups from the day before will be restored automatically.

With other words once a problem is found it will be automatically fixed within 24 hours and the error can no longer spread to other player bases.

This will help me as I dont have to spend much time checking and fixing everything anymore and it helps the clans because their bases should be back in business again after just one day (or ideally after just few hours).

Everyday this small tool will write a small log file which hopefull will help us to identify a patter at which clan bases get bugged. Maybe this way we will find a possible source for this kind of error.

It still would be nice if you could report when clan bases stop working to our ticketsystem... and also give us feedback if the clanbase is working again one day later.

This would help us to verify that the new server tool is doing its job correctly.

thx

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!