Constant Update on Startup Singleplayer

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Xogroroth-666.

• Greetings.

Each time I fire up the game, the launcher does a download of a heap of files, undoing edits I made to the game.
    I understand, there is a security system in place for Online, however, to force this into Single Player is quite annoying.

Is there a way to overcome these constant dpwnloads in Single Player, please?

Thank you.

Xog

• you really want us to show you how to keep your edits of gamefiles. i mean, you really want us to show you how you can ignore the crossfire license agreement which btw. you accepted by installing the game?

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• With all due respect, sir, I am not going online.
    I have read the agreement, I am not in any way going to publish, share, or make it available to others.
    As stated, sir, I play single player.
    I have an issue with my hand-eye coordination, and for this, i edited shields to be slightly stronger, to compensate for my delayed reaction time.

I do not believe there is any harm in this, sir, I just would like to play this nice mod, and survive a bit longer...

• The thing is... we can give support to players with the original files. Once files have been edited we are no longer able to give support since we dont know what exactly has been changed. Therefore we are not giving any advices how to change the mod in any way... singleplayer or multiplayer.

Once you edit stuff.... e.g. shields... and then all of a sudden the singleplayer storyline breaks because you have edited a shield that also is used by NPCs and which is supposed to have exactly that value we have set it to (in order to trigger an event at some point) .... then the whole singleplayer campaign might stop working correctly.

Based on what are we supposed to give proper support to you in this case? Based on your values or based on what we know to be the right values?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• F1?

Thank you Sir!

The thing is... we can give support to players with the original files. Once files have been edited we are no longer able to give support since we dont know what exactly has been changed. Therefore we are not giving any advices how to change the mod in any way... singleplayer or multiplayer.

Once you edit stuff.... e.g. shields... and then all of a sudden the singleplayer storyline breaks because you have edited a shield that also is used by NPCs and which is supposed to have exactly that value we have set it to (in order to trigger an event at some point) .... then the whole singleplayer campaign might stop working correctly.

Based on what are we supposed to give proper support to you in this case? Based on your values or based on what we know to be the right values?

I understand, Sir.

Thank you for your assist!

• Peculiar: when I turned it to easy, the game collapsed to desktop.

Restarting game gave a Copy error, which I was not able to bypass.
    Retrying, the error became unable to connect, pressing Single Player resulted again to Unable to Copy.

I am removing the whole game, and I am reinstalling it as we speak.
    Will keep you posted...

And again I run the ERROR LAUNCHER UPDATE [E000001AB]

Followed by ERROR COPY [E0000046]

Suggestions?

• maybe an access problem

to which directory did you install the game?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• D:\Freelancer, Sir,
    It worked before, then I turned the slider to Easy and... it closed once launching the ship to space.
    Ever since I could not start the game again.

Removed it again, I did a complete manual clean of the register, hopefully this might help me a wee.

Quite darned bizarre...

Removed it once more, trying different location: D:\FL...
    Keep you posted.

So, FLMM does not activate the mod, because D:\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.INI does not exist.
    Logical, as the game was removed, then the whole register was cleaned, even manually.
    Game, though in the same drive, installed to D:\FL now, still refers to this non-existing folder.

I'm baffled.

I am not a PC noob, usually i get my stuff fixed fast, but this is... just weird...

Running enhanced diskscan...

• Just cancel the daily updates(about 40 files or so) and your edited files will remain, however be advised that your economy will remain the same, meaning that your prices will remain the same forever instead of changing everyday. I also recomend not changing your shields because by making it stronger all enemies that use that shield will also be stronger, its better if you simply make it so that your enemies are spawned without nano/shield-bots until you get used to the improved AI at the game(I will admit i used to do that at the beggining), also check the battle tutorials, you might learn a few usefull tricks. Also this is more realistic than vanilla freelancer, in here is not good to take on more than 4 enemies(that are as strong or well equiped as you) by yourself, the good thing about this is that your allies are not useless like they used to be.

• Xogroroth-666 Use "Options->Choose a different Freelancer Directory" in FLMM if you reinstalled FL elsewhere.

You can also change difficulty manually. Open My Documents/My Games/Freelancer/PerfOptions.ini, find a parameter called DIFFICULTY_SCALE (default 1.00). This is (apparently) a coefficient of damage dealt to player.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Just cancel the daily updates(about 40 files or so) and your edited files will remain, however be advised that your economy will remain the same, meaning that your prices will remain the same forever instead of changing everyday. I also recomend not changing your shields because by making it stronger all enemies that use that shield will also be stronger, its better if you simply make it so that your enemies are spawned without nano/shield-bots until you get used to the improved AI at the game(I will admit i used to do that at the beggining), also check the battle tutorials, you might learn a few usefull tricks. Also this is more realistic than vanilla freelancer, in here is not good to take on more than 4 enemies(that are as strong or well equiped as you) by yourself, the good thing about this is that your allies are not useless like they used to be.

Thank you Sir.
    I was already told about this. :)

Xogroroth-666 Use "Options->Choose a different Freelancer Directory" in FLMM if you reinstalled FL elsewhere.

You can also change difficulty manually. Open My Documents/My Games/Freelancer/PerfOptions.ini, find a parameter called DIFFICULTY_SCALE (default 1.00). This is (apparently) a coefficient of damage dealt to player.

Will do in 21 hours.
    Comprehensive Diskscan does a 24 hour scan run O_O
    Thank you Sir.

So, just for information, one can cancel these updates?
    IF I were to, how would I proceed?

Just for information's sake....

• I think when you click singleplayer it asks you if you would like to update or something along those lines and a Yes or no maybe accept or cancel not sure but it asks when you click singleplayer on the cf launcher

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• No, that just crashes the game launcher...

Easy mode will do the thing, sure of it. ;)

Travelling 25 meters downward and hitting concrete is not that healthy...

There is one thing that worries me... that race with that Brettonian fella...
    I'll never get through that one.

• I believe someone's uploaded a save game from the "after the Hovis race" point.

Besides, I saw MF showing a video of acing that race in a Clydesdale and I also remember completing it in a Basilisk with my nonexistant pilot skills.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".