Any recommended mods to use with Crossfire?

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• I see that there is pretty many mods out for Freelancer, and in mod manger there is also some mods.

Is there any mods that is recommended to use with Crossfire, or mods some have used with Crossfire?

Any toughs or suggestions?

• Strictly "NO" to any part of the Crossfire Mod being added to or changed. It,s a mod, like many. That continue,s on from freelancer. A dedicated team giving up a lot of private time, created it with continual advancement. To do anything to the mod will only cause you massive problems, and to the mod server. Download the mod the way it,s mean,t too and you will enjoy many many hours of enjoyment in play.

• Ok I see. Im used to modify games like Skyrim and Fallout using hundreds of mods together, that add to different part of the game.

One thing Im still a little unsure about after reading up on Crossfire, does the new graphical improvement, new ships and wares, new stations and sectors, HUD elements and functionalities work in the original campaign, or is this only for the Crossfire story?

• Reasons why it is a bad idea to use other mods with Crossfire:

1. pretty much all of them are incompatible

2. they are considered cheating

3. they can lead to server crashes

4. the use of other mods violates rules

5. there is not a single mod that would be able to add anything benefitial on top of Crossfire

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ok thanks for the clarification guys. Im only playing single player and will not join a server. I have never played through the Freelancer campaign so Im looking forward to the experience that Crossfire bring to the table.

• Ok thanks for the clarification guys. Im only playing single player and will not join a server. I have never played through the Freelancer campaign so Im looking forward to the experience that Crossfire bring to the table.

With vanilla end (which looks now also much nicer) your journey is just in 1/3, have a good time with CF mod!