I'm Finally back!

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Son of Angmar.

• okay mate thank you hopefully I find a way around it without turning performance setting all the way down on crossfire haha

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• if I uninstall and reinstall with older graphics card comparability would that help out cause I don't think my graphics card is all the good like?

• I tested this option with Intel HD Graphics 4600 and found no noticeable difference. It is probably intented for GPUs from early 2000s, because only they had 64 or less MBytes VRAM. Your card can't be that slow. Right?...?(

If performance is still bad for you with Vanilla FL shader, try the following settings:

Code
    1. Nebula = 0.05
    2. SunEffect = 0.00
    3. Asteroids = 0.00
    4. space_dust_detail = 1.00
    5. star_sphere = 0.76
    6. AtmosphereMaterialConfig = 1.00
    7. HUDAnimConfig = 1.00
    8. level_of_detail = 0.75
    9. use_environment_maps = 1.00
    10. high_detail_textures = 0.60

(replace corresponding lines in Documents/My Games/Freelancer/PerfOptions.ini with the ones above)

This will add a few extra FPS while not turning the game into sheer ugliness. (At least that was the case for Intel HD 4600).

By the way, what graphics card does your laptop have?

• not actually sure TBH all I know is it is a HP laptop 17 my friend gave me it brand new cause he bought a ps4 instead and I just got the charger and the laptop and I will try those settings mate and see what happens

• Hi m8 :) :)

in your settings

General Options ticking only the Box ADJUST TO DESKTOP RESOLUTION if you have not already done so should help with the graphics - that lets the PC-Laptop pick the best & most comfortable setting.

Welcome back & see you in CF :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• I have done games running alot smoother now it's not without bumps in the road but its playable just have to restart the laptop now and again for the processed to run efficiently and thanks mate see you in space :P???