SWAT Portal Discord Server

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Lets discuss the new Discord Server.

Yesterday I managed to link the Portal usergroups with the Discord server.

The idea behind that is to give specific usergroups access to specific channels.

This might become an interesting feature to clans where clan members automatically get access to specific discord channels.

But we are not at that point yet.

First we should discuss the general structure on the discord server.

To be honest Im not sure if its a good idea to create game specific text channels to discord. Afterall we have our forum for that purpose.

But I can imagine to create voice channels for games (where required).

I think one main discord text channel (lobby) might be enough.

Putting clan specific stuff aside... what else do you think would be good to have?

Btw. to synchronize your Portal account with Discord you will have to go to your "Account management" on the "Control Panel" and scroll down to the very last point.

There you can activate the "Discord-Synchronization".

Once done you can in theory use your Discord Avatar here on the Forum (thats optional) and your role on the Discord server gets updated. You will notice it when your username on Discord appears in a different color.

Server invite link:

Discord

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Edited 3 times, last by Martind Forlon: Added Portal Discord server invite link ().

• I think it's a solid idea to make specific discord voice channels for different games. I think that thing would be so handy back during Operation Restoring Health.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Discord voice is nice functional also on my phone connected PC when I play Elite and are in wing with others. These games voice channels are good idea for sure.

For clans: is (can be) there possibility to allow setting access to specified discord server? Reason why I ask is, that TSH already have created discord server (for quite long time) ... and it is not an issue due way how discord works, I myself have there 10 servers where switching is done by 1click. Advantage for specific clan discord is possibility create own internal structure where access (user group) will be (can be) lead by portal access (recruit, member, leading). ... dunno if this is possible, Im surprised that integration with portal is possible at all :)

• One more thing, will be good idea put discord info as first into dashboard side-panel? I ask, have it at bottom is very out of sight and can be easily overlooked. Be first it is form of advertisement to join it.

• no, the Portal can only link to one specific server

even if it would be possible to link to multiple servers it would require to get permissions and access data for every server

while I agree that it would be nice to have the discord widget more visible I wouldnt want to get other stuff moved down.

Lets face it... the dashboard requires to have the user boxes at the top because of the registration link etc.

On the forum it most important to see what happened on the forum... not on discord. Every page has its own priorities for boxes.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• that's ok and np, I only wanted to know :)