Resigning from DC

There are 37 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by burro.

• Due to the lack of action in my time zone with the departure of PiA, and other issues with "Police". I have resigned from DC. I am going to become a freelance Pirate and will be swapping my chars over the next couple of nights.

The DC have been great and I have nothing but good feelings towards them all as a clan but it is just too quiet for me.

Chars : DC_Red_Katipo, DC_Red_Katipo*, DC_Red_Katipo**, DC_Red_Katipo^, DC_Red_Katipo^^

=====================================
    'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
    (Albert Einstein)

• a serious question: you like to run away from problems do you?
    if there are not enough DC members online at these times why dont you simply put some effort into this and recruit new members... i think the DC leaders would be glad about it.
    Or you could continue and run away like you want to do now... but basicly to leave DC and to be smuggler will not change anything on ur situation that there are not more of your friends online at that times.

things can only be changed by doing something contructive and not something destructive

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I have in fact spent most of the last 2 months helping out new people and trying to get more people on the server and into DC. This includes spending hours doing trade runs to strenghten DC.

Seriously, I do not actually believe in running from problems and in fact am going to face a problem I have here on the server without dragging DC into a Clan war.

If you do not find someone wanting to change thier RP acceptable please let me know. I would have thought the easy "running away from problems" solution would have been to go to a new server rather than to try and make the most of what was here.

I really enjoy this Mod and I think you have done a fantastic job developing it and keeping it going especially concidering some of the recent difficulties. I must say though that I do not understand your need to belittle peoples decisions, concidering your position of power.

Chars : DC_Red_Katipo, DC_Red_Katipo*, DC_Red_Katipo**, DC_Red_Katipo^, DC_Red_Katipo^^

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
    (Albert Einstein)

• well my position of power does mean nothing to me... yes i do have this power but i barely use it... and if i do i usualy ask others about their oppinion first

i tell you what means something to me... the clans here including DC
    and therefore i humbly ask you to rethink your decision and help DC growing strong again and help this community to get things running again

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• hmmm
    If OP is asking humbly then i would consider my actions Red. You have been a pretty cool member of DC, i have talked to you a couple of times. Hate to see the unit lose you and you start smuggling so the police have to chase you. If there are problems on the server that need handled try getting someone involved to help get them fixed??

Good luck wherever you end up and we will see you in space.

[SIZE=5]Crossfire Police Department[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Duty above all but Honor[/SIZE]

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    Chars: [Capt]Osiris[CFPD]; [Capt]Osiris{CFPD}; [CFPD]Osiris; [CFPD]Osiris_Freighter;{Capt}Osiris[CFPD];
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• I have to agree with OP on all counts.

I have rarely seen or known him to use his Admin power and only to stop something from coming TO the server, not actually in server.

I also think you need to reconsider your decision. You said to avoid dragging DC into a clan war? Who do you have a problem with? You said Police.....so is it KRT or CFPD? If it's CFPD then you need to talk to me and lets resolve it, because the assumption of bringing a fight to us is not a wise decision, not for the server, you, or any others you have a problem with.

I am here to assist you to make your life in CF better, not worse.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Hi Red

Well it seems u are saying the lack of pirates in our time zone means there is not a lot of interesting RP for us.

Well i agree and maybe instead of of resigning from DC we can work together to spice things up.

Maybe encourage the LP and other pirates to expand into our time zone. Hold mini events together such as top gun, etc. Organise raiding parties into DK systems.

Encourage other players to do less trading (boring, boring) and more pvp.

Anyway, think it over and get back to me in game.

Cheers

• How about some respect? Katipo was a fine member of a fine clan and left it because he'd made the best of things and still couldn't find a good time. When one is unhappy with things are, they should have the right to adapt without being told what they should and shouldn't do. We are all people of high caliber, whether or not others think so.

Leaving the DC recently as well, I understand the problem in its entirety, whereas you all only know it in part. My times in the DC will be forever cherished, as they will be for Katipo, but don't anyone come in here and dictate what to think. Katipo, it sadens me to see another one-time comrade retiring from his post, but if you ever need support come find me, we seem to be in the same boat.

I agree with Tassie; the both of us have taken roles that are productive and spice up RP on the server. This should be seen on a light note, not a dark one. I, for one, wish you good fortune Katipo and hope that you find what you're looking for out there. Take care m8, and cya around ;).

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• This is getting more difficult than I thought. At the moment I have only swapped out one DC char and started one FL char. I will (with the permission of DC) fly my DC chars for a few more days while I give this even more thought.

To be fair I will give you my thought processes so far and let you know the RP I was intending doing.

Firstly DC was not a Police clan when I joined. When the discission was started on our new role I tried to get us to go Pirate and stay in the CSF (I could not see how we could be both CSF and Pirate). I majority of our clan wanted to go Police and I was asked by the command staff to try it out as PiA was to become more agressive as Pirates. As I spent a lot of time playing with some PiA members this sounded good. When we declared ourselves Police my first thing I did was to start hunting Pirates but was told I needed to catch them in the act, warn them and only then take them out. PiA then left and no-one seemed to be doing any Pirateing.

On the other hand there was KRT taking out low level players and generally being arrogant. As I was in another Police clan I felt powerless to just take them out.

My new RP was to be as a Vigilante taking out corrupt Police without consultation (therefore making me a criminal, hence the Pirate tag) while avoiding were I could honest Police and only engageing them as a last resort in defence. I nad no intention of smuggling or taxing and was to spend the rest of my time helping out Noobees while "Watching the Watchers".

Giving myself the Pirate tag in this Role I believe was only fair to other players.

Whatever path I take I want to throw myself into RP "Boots and All".

(Albert Einstein)

• Yeah We need Autralian Pirates. Those seas were from history full of pirates. Red, can t u recruit some for us?

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

{LP}Amos and derivatives; {LP}Ivanov{X} from the Altair branch of LP

• Katipo,
    I believe understand you entirely :)

I used to talk with cryton about creating a "vigilante" character for similar reasons that you have stated. Do not feel you are alone in your thoughts. If I ever left the CFPD it would be to become part of a vigilante unit that not only guards against corrupt policing but wards against piracy as well. My position in CFPD will not allow me to take on KRT as fellow police officers at this time. Actually you could call yourself a bounty hunter, unaffiliated with any police unit and in that role take on whoever you felt was a cause of injustice. This would not nessesarily brand you a criminal.

@Marshal: I mean no disrespect my friend, to anyone here. His decision is his to make and his alone as was yours. I am not telling either of you what to do or which way to go, just offering alternatives. Personally i am glad both of you decided to remain with CF instead of leaving altogether.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    Chars: [Capt]Osiris[CFPD]; [Capt]Osiris{CFPD}; [CFPD]Osiris; [CFPD]Osiris_Freighter;{Capt}Osiris[CFPD];
    (\__/)

• You have all made a lot of very good points.

Loyalty has always been very important to me which is why I was not going to try to join another clan. Op you are right, Something worthwhile is worth fighting for. Thanks to both of you Taz and Osiris.

I have withdrawn my resignation from DC.

It took me a month to decide to leave but less than a day to decide to stay. That must say something for my feelings for DC.

I have made a commitment to myself, and told DC, that I will stay in DC until I leave CF. I will not even concider leaving CF for at least another month. As I love this Mod you will understand my commitment to making the RP more exciting.

Just to clarify a couple of points;

1) Op your power is intrinsic to your position, I have never seen you misuse it and did not mean to imply it.
    2) I have never had a problem with CFPD.
    3) I am not Australian.

(Albert Einstein)

• Welcome back to the force katipo. And as a fellow officer again you can be my wingman anytime. :). There are few others from other police units I would say that to.

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    (\__/)

• -_-

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• I dont understand why good cops cant take down bad cops that are killing noobs for no reason or pirating (tractoring in cargo). It happens in the real world. What is the conflict ?

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• Ahmos, I will always do my best to help and keep people in my time zone. Its a no lose situation;

If they become Police I can work with them,
    If the become Traders I can guard them,
    and if they become Pirates I can hunt them down, kill them and scatter their ashes amongst the stars.

I think I prefer the third option, how about YOU doing some recruiting? :)

(Albert Einstein)

• Not sure how old this topic is but. Kelpto u where good to us. The lack of action is a big lie. Me and drakon use to pvp 24/7 u never asked what we where doing and just went on with trading and even came on one day and started something. But that is in the past. U will always be a Dragon once u become one. Have a good day my commrad and enjoy freelancing.

Dragon wing, Dragon Corps rank Lieutenant Colonel, CSF, DC chars: DC_John_Donow[T], (DC)_John_Donow(Lt.Col), DC_JD, DC_[Lt. Col]_Donow