Greetings from the CTP

There are 47 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by burro.

• Regretably no I cannot tell you our untagged Chars. Nice try tho. I will say this for the time being I am logged in as Gameking on the server. So if you see me on say Hi.

• well to use fake chars and break serverrules this way is not the best way to start with a clan on CF

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yeah... if the CTP clan is already acting on the server, SHOULD be TAGGED; not acting ocult to gain "the upper hand". :evil:

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

{LP}Amos and derivatives; {LP}Ivanov{X} from the Altair branch of LP

• I don't see what the big deal is; they're just scouting the server a bit before deciding to come over. If they wore tags atm they'd get special attention, and that's not what they want. They probably are looking at how the RP goes and how the community ticks. If they're on the CF server as organized pirates atm, I sure haven't noticed them at all ^^. No harm no foul if you ask me, they should have the right to look at a server from the shadows before entering onto the scene.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• because EVERY1 on the server has to follow the server rules.... there is no exception

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yup m8s, what's everyone's trying to say is that you once you tag one char, all chars must be tagged with the same tag.

• actually the rules say that EVERY clan member has to wear clantags

no matter if its a server clan... a clan that just plays on CF without a system or a clan that originally comes from another server

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ok to clarify things we are simply scouting this server to see if it is appropriate to our rp and style of play. The reason we do this untagged is so that we can see the server with untainted eyes basically from a freelancer's point of view. If we deem the server to warrant our presence then we "Officially" make a statement in the forums that we are here and are going to play the server tagged.

Another reason we do this is bc we are new to this server and have no clue as to what all the mods are. To simply enter into a server with tagged pirate chars and be hunted down by clans already established and outfitted with the best gear we would be raped daily and not be able to accurately gauge wether or not a server is capable of sustaining a taxing RP pirate clan.

On a completely different note....

I really like the look ofthis server and the modifications made to it but my friends and I have noticed excesice lag issues and I have been crashed out several times bc of lag. What I would like to know is if this is a temporary thing or if it is a standard problem. If the lag is a daily issue I cannot see us coming to this server no matter how beautiful it is. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to chase down a potentail tax and then everything lags out and the server crashes or if it stays the taxee sees this as an opportunity to run.

Gameking
    AKA Captain Barbosa
    Founder of the CTP

• The clans wouldn't hunt you down and dockraping is very nearly impossible here and in the rare occasions it does happen the console shows the whole server a message detailing who was dockraped and who did it, about the lags this seems to be player caused as its intermittent but there is a new server on the way the admin and a team of community members are trying to solve some technical issues before the transfer takes place

• When I said rapeing I did not mean dock rapeing what I meant was that all the clans currently on this server already know the best weaps and improvements and bc we are new to this server for us to come in and immediately start taxing we would be raped by those clans opposed to taxation, namely the "police" type clans. This is a basic recon mission and a test to see if we would fit in as our roleplay demands the interaction of most of the server members.

To put it simply we are not here as a clan as of yet we are simply a group of people coming to a new server to see how things are and if the server would support the RP of our clan. That is all, and because of this while we are here we will not be engageing in taxing or any of our RP, hence us not wearing tags.

Until we decide as a clan that we will commit ourselves to this server we are just a group of friends playing on a new server as freelancers and we will conduct ourselves as such.

Gameking
    AKA Captain Barbosa
    Founder of the CTP

• :) I see u guys are very organised. If you need any kind of help, the UAC guys are there to help, regardless of role. Just give us a shot if there's anything u might need :)

• Good more pirates. I hope you do come for CFPD first.

@Amos, you have not seen brutality yet.... 8)

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• one thing this commuity is very good at is helping new ppl and clans to the server. i dont think there is a single clan that would go after chars below lvl 50 and when it comes to RP pvp it more fun to fight someone with a well equiped ship.

all the clans on this server would help you get equiped and show you round a bit so you know where to go to get the stuff you need for the rest of your clan.

so bring your clan along and let us all in CF help you out so you can join in the RP fun.

carbine[CFPD]

• ... BUT why does Ruivo allways have to play the good boy? [8]

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

{LP}Amos and derivatives; {LP}Ivanov{X} from the Altair branch of LP

• the reasons are not really important to me
    there are rules to follow and i and the SPs will make sure every1 will follow those rules

the crash issue is unusual for CF ... CF always was known as the most stable mod and server and with the new server it will be this way again
    crashes you might have experienced might have been automatic server restarts which are not announced on CF due to our own server software

the lag issue was always a problem of CF due to the fact that the CF mod is the one with the most features and for sure one of the biggest around... every additional mb will cause lag... and no matter where you go you will either play on a laggy modded server or on a vanilla server without lag

the players on CF decided that the server is more fun than any others just because of the mod and they dont really have a problem if it gets laggy coz usually lag appears only for a few mins or the server gets restarted

and one thing you also should consider
    SWAT is one of the oldest Lancer communities with an extreme high potential and CF is not our only project
    SWAT will grow... SWAT will host more servers... SWAT will develope (and is developing) new mods

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I regret to inform you all I have disbanded the CTP due to extenuating reasons. I will however continue to play on this server and hopefully i can find a clan to make my home. Thanks for understanding.