Server Rules - PvP Bots/Bats

There are 63 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Finisher.

• What are the rules regarding the use of Bots and Bats in casual RP PvP? I was engaged this morning by a police clan member (while I was smuggling) and used both in my escape only to informed that I had just cheated. I have studied all I can find in the Server Rules but can find nothing regarding this.

If I did just cheat, I'm sorry and it won't happen again...however I would like to know the final word regarding this please.

<center>Illuminatus
    [rocket] [rofl] [rocketq3]
    </center>

• The guy who chased you seemed to got his words mixed up its not "cheating" but using bots and bats in a fight is frowned upon as it effectively gives u another ship and it comes down to a principle of honour so its best not to use em in pvp

• Thank you. I will try to avoid using them in the future :D

No promises though [7]

I just wanted to see where I stood on the subject as he was threatening a ban on me.

<center>Illuminatus
    </center>

• The ban threat seems to happen quite often. If it's not against the posted server rules, I wouldn't worry too much about a ban. Op enforces those rules and bans are ultimately up to him. Use of the batts/nanos can get you chased around, but damn near anything you do can make them do that.

• It isn't against server rules, but remember that if one is using bots and bats often, he or she will most likely find themselves in all sorts of nasty situations. The vast majority of pilots don't use them, and to do so is not only a dishonorful act, but one of cowardice as well. If you need an equipment edge against your opponent to win, you're obviously the lesser skilled of the two pilots. The stats won't reflect that, and while it isn't cheating, the other player is cheated of what probably would have been another kill. I don't see any problem with their use while fighting NPCs, but it's hard for other people to have fun fighting when their opponent acts like an uber-Corsair pilot ^^. Just my thoughts though, hehehe.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• If you are in a freighter and attacked by a fighter,that isnt pvp ,and as such ,using bats and bots is perfectly honorable.
    (my personal opinion)
    Using them in fighter versus fighter is taken as dishonorable but is not illegal.
    Im getting fed up with ban threats for supposed breach of imagined rules.
    Police clans are not ServerPolice and should never threaten people with bans.Same goes for members of other clans.

• Well this is a surprise.

I always thought that the use of bots/bats in pvp and role play was strickly forbidden.

Several times i could have avoided a pirate killing my train if i had of known.

Sorry to those ppl i have told it was a no-no.

• hell - die like a man :D

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• If trains start to use batts/nanos it is ok for me. It is more interesting to hunt a trader who wanna survive (better than F1)

When I see a fighter using batts/nanos I think...here is a noob..and I'm always right since they are like trains..the fight just takes me a little longer.

• I never use em but dont blame the trains that do after all 50 mill cargo can hurt loosing it

• A police clan threatened you with a ban? Who said that? Send it to me in a pm, I want to know.

Im the only Cop here who is a Server Police and I want to know who is saying such a thing.

Trust me, it will be handled harshly.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• As far as I'm concerned the incident is resolved. My freighter is now more heavily armed and I'm ready for the next run in.

I thank everyone who posted here for their input, and based on what I have read I make the following pledge:

In a fighter I will never use bots/bats in PvP

In a freighter it will depend on the value of the cargo...I see it the same way as Tanatos and Wavey. If I choose to fight rather than run then Bats/Bots will not be used.

Under no circumstances will I ever F1 out to avoid a fight, cargo loss or taxation.

See you all in space :D

<center>Illuminatus
    </center>

Originally posted by Wavey
    If you are in a freighter and attacked by a fighter,that isnt pvp ,and as such ,using bats and bots is perfectly honorable.
    (my personal opinion)

The idea here is "Personal Opinion"

• I kinda see the point of using em in trains but better to face death standing up straight and looking it in the face than on your knees [8] and Tanatos is right its better than F1ing

• when in train i even use them just to get a good run for me dond mind iff they kill me but dond wanna die after 1 shot
    so i die like a pussy after being killd but they have to chase me tru lot off systems before i do die

• LOL!

@ Privvy: I think you're a real stand-up, guy Priv... :D

@ Wavey: how about an APC, mate? Lots less armor than a train, the cargo loss can still be millions...the bot's/bat's are only good for a couple charges anyway?

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• I only use bots and bats for between-battle repairs and NPC swarms. The gameplay, especially in PvP, is much more realistic (thus enjoyable) when your opponent's buckling hull doesn't just magically regenerate :P . On the other hand, it's fun beating someone using them because there's an added touch of accomplishment in destroying their ship's hull several times before being rewarded with the kill :D.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Since when is a Stratigical Withdrawl considered being on your knees? So the idea is when faced with a superior force to roll over and die? And this is to reference, flying a train....not fighter. Or fight without bot/Bats or commen sense? Again, referencing ONLY trains...not fighters.

• Thats much different... if you fly a fighter, you can use bats and bots for an unfair advantage...or just to lose the little rest of honor you had...
    If you fly a train, it doesnt matter if you use them or not, against a fighter you dont have a chance...

BUT...F1 is shit...in any case

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...