Best VHF

There are 59 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by marcusdavidus.

• Ok you tested the coalition ships when they where uber with 6 class 10 guns. Try then now that are on the same lvl than others (4 class 10 and 2 class 9) that is why you were wiping other fighters with the coalitions (not forgetting you got the uber gatling gun while other had ppcs) which is not the case anymore.

So I come to next part, Freedom move much better and in the hands of an experience pilot would be hard to hit cause of its hard & sharp turn but there is fighter that still have the edge cause it has 3 disrupter slots and that would be the shroud. As a big difference from other servers, disruptors make a big difference in a all guns/missiles/mines attack in CF. Disrupter weapon do count in multirole attacks and experience fighters in Crossfire know what Im talking about...

Regards,

RG

[4] Don´t argue, [3] Just Do it

Good Friends are Forever [prost]

We always remember the ones who are not with us within our heart

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS7lS4fP_wc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS7lS4fP_wc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="350"></embed></object>
    My Mind is Free & My Imagination would take me to places I never dream of 8)

• In Vanilla I quite enjoyed the Eagle. In Xfire 1.57 I flew a black and red version that was very smooth. Recently I have tried the Sabre which was also enjoyable and smooth.

My favourite ship though is the Drake and now we have all those extra shield/hull/gun powers I wonder if the experienced users can advise whether a Drake with all the goodies will last in Altair and other nomad systems?

I may give it a try and see how long I can last.

• umm i think Drake isnt a VHF in CF, not sure...

but if u like its shape and skin, Komodo Dragon and Draconji may be good choice. I never used either but i heard one of them (komodo?) has excellent firepower and good against NPCs

In game char: {UAC}Ziq.Alpha_F, {UAC}Ziq.Beta_F, {UAC}Ziq.Delta_T

Freelancers looking for a clan? or more RP? Check out UAC forum to know our organisation and what you can get by joining us. We are looking for active players with strong sense of commitment. Together lets build the best roleplay clan! UAC needs you!

*Friends are the family we choose for ourselves*

• Drake is a light fighter (so of topic) but my fav fighter in the game. I amy try those ships as you suggest. Although I like armour and weapons class 10, I prefer the feeling? of flying with lighter fighters.

I am currently flying te shroud which I thought was a HVF but actually is a light fighter - 9700 ARMR, 6 Guns and 8/10 level guns. It flies pretty smooth and with lvl 10 armour and has pretty good defence.

I will look out for Komodo - if it is an update similar to Drake and better than Eagle - I will give it a spin. Never heard of Darconji - but will keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for advice.

• Hi Azadur, shroud is a good one, its VHF. look at the ship info card. VHF usually has >8500 armor.

i doubt whether u can mount lvl10 armor and sheild on light fighter.... as theres limits on what lvl of equipments a fighter can mount

hope this helps

Freelancers looking for a clan? or more RP? Check out UAC forum to know our organisation and what you can get by joining us. We are looking for active players with strong sense of commitment. Together lets build the best roleplay clan! UAC needs you!

• The Xfire database says it is a light fighter - but you make more sense so I assume there is an error on the database. I am not sure how to access the infocard - is that what you get in game when you buy/sell equipment? ie a brief description and stats?

The creator of this mod should be congratulated as so far I can't see a huge difference between the VHFs - there is a lot of choice out there and no obvious best ship when I meet other players in space. The only diff seem to me more/less cargo/nano/agility. Hopefully the plus on one side was compensated with some negatives elsewhere.

As for the Kossac - has anyone flown it and has anything negative to say about it? Was it balanced like I say above or is it the best?

• yes i meant info card you see in game sry.

anything negative about Kossac hmm - ugly :)

• read well the info card, shroud ia an old aliance light fighter were enginers have managed to install VHF equipment, that's why it is classified like light fighter.

Tell me, do you know any light fighter with 6 wepon spots and capable of launch torpedos?

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• * Laughing * - That's funny. Can't judge as I have not seen it. Maybe the fighter is Sooo Good that they had to make some counter balance to it - otherwise everyone would get it - and that's the best they came up with - make it look ugly. Ha Ha.

For those players who have this ship - what's the matter with ya - don't you have any style? Maybe in the next version of the mod we can uglify it even more - give it crooked teeth and a bad hair cut, broken nose etc

I suppose the worst ship in the game in terms of stats should be a vision of loveliness - what would that be? The Anubis and that looks a lot like the Liberty Defender - can we give it a face lift?

I mean - when your knee deep against nomads or those evil Corsairs - you need to look your best - right?

• Nothing against Corsairs - but they are always attacking me. They don't even know me - I may want to join them - but I am put of know.

I think they are the hardest NPCs to kill - but I have not been everywhere yet. Definately easier than the nomads I have seen so far.

• buying JUNKERS bribe always helps. It gets u neutral to most factions. Killing Xenox also fix rep.

Worst NPC are in altair mate, i bet u ll like them 8)

• WWWHHHOOOOAAA son! Your talking about my pride and joy....the Shroud. Go easy there young feller. The shroud is still the most flown fighter around inspite of all the new models. If you don't see them it's probably because you blinked as they flew by. Can happen to anyone. And, to me and many others, it's about the prettiest ship out there. So go easy, ok? 8)

And the Outcast and Corsairs are good firends of mine....treat them nice...ok 8)

• The Junkers love me - they can't do enough - I am welcomed home with open arms.

I think as I have been doing missions for various factions to get bounties and their pods - each faction that has no allies hates my guts. That includes

Mollies
    Xenons
    Corsairs
    Bundshush
    Gains

I thought that would make me safe but it has not worked out that way. Most of the inmates in prisons have been sent there by me - maybe we could let them all out in one go - that would be fun.

For some reason the Hessians like me.

• well I have always made good money with hessians.

sometimes in vannila I just wait them next the JH from omega 41 to omega 11 and to get they're lot. or after I get all I was suposed to get I I leaved my ship at Leon just to make a mission ionce in a while. lol

ad be friend of corsairs is easy, just kill hessians, the only problem is that the other my preferd fraccion is inconpatible with Corsairs, Blood Dragons.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0