Banned? cant login

There are 72 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ChiefRedCloud-AGE-.

• If its a dedicated server, and hes paying monthly for it, then he is renting it, aka, that server is his property, he can ask someone to hack into it without fear of the company saying "no, you cant do that"

Im sorry, but any company that says "we cant do anything" when you cant even get the console to work, has a big problem...

I delt with a company like this before, and left that company the same week.

I say, if possable, find a new dedicated hosting company... im sure there are better ones over in EU that have much better support teams.

A good place to look would be www.webhostingtalk.com

they have a dedicated server forum, and they also have companys post deals every day! EVERYONE I have talked to there has always answered all my questions promptly.

(mite even be able to save some money as well!)

Other then that.. I hope you do figure out the problem OP... I know you dont know me from any other player here (as we havn't realy met yet)

but, I will offer my services. I've been in IT for years now, and if you want to throw some trust over, I'll take a gander at finding the problem with the server.

Flyin_si prob. knows me best on here, we have talked many times. so If you want, contact me at the e-mail addy I have set on the forums, and we can go from there, or via AIM or Yahoo under the name nsm484 (on both)

I added your ICQ but its still awaiting request.. Mine
    is 7270558.

• Riddick -> hehe, good idea. to locate trader06, hehhe

btw. SCREW the company that DOENST HAVE THEIR OWN HACKER, and they STILL WANT MONEY for something that isnt protected. lol, i could also make that job.

@OP: please (cause i really dont understand it), can u explain what means tools, scripts, settings, the FL iso and the CF server edition (no backups available)

i dont understand not a single word. if its not hard, can u explain what that means. maybe we all can help somehow (some of us have good programs for restauration of files, some have hacker tools,......)
    i DO know that you are busy at the moment and you are probadly kicking the box (if you have one) because you are so angry that you only want to kill the f.. who do that to YOU and YOUR server.
    but there is always a solution (yust remember the 1.61 mod)

• yes mostly... just a few bucks are missing but actually i need the files on the old server

to rebuild everything from the scratch could take ages

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• So you have NO backups at ALL of the cf server? Didn't you let those germans or whatever have their own server, so would they not have a working copy? Also, if you need a company with good support siteground.com have awesome support and hosting, not sure about servers though.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
    - John Greenleaf

Funny how a super manly show about awesomeness makes people bawl like little girls.
    - MySpaceBarBroke on Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

• no there are no backups atm coz the mod is fairly new and i wanted to wait if there are bugs to be fixed

there is also no server version in my pc coz i had to do a format 1 week ago

and no blaster if the server does not react you cant do a backup
    i called the support 2 hours ago and we managed to find at least the error source... the hdd
    now the only question is... if it totally broken or if its only a minor problem (like the controler or something like this)
    right now the server is in rescue mode and the hardware will be checked... in about 2 hours i will know more (hoping that the hdd is ok or that they at least can make a backup before they throw it against the next wall)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• hope u manage to get things running again OP, i understand what its like when your HDD goes, i've had a nightmare tryin to repair a friends HDD without losing important info and docs.

good luck and fingers crossed OP, it may take time but u will sort it,i have faith in the GOD of CF. [1752] [1752] [1752]

WE ALL DIE AND THEN ARE REBORN

• There are several options as far as i know:

1) problem with the HDD cable - easy to fix
    2) broken HDD but server run RAID 1 or 0+1 so there is physical backup drive and there is nothing to worry about
    3) HDD is broken - usually HDD cant be repaired cause its mechanical and verry sensitive hardware also there is no RAID running on the system
    3.1) or extension to the upper one - however there is ways to restore the information of broken HDD but it is verry expensive, require time and not evryone can do it.

Afterall concidering what processor is running the server dont look professional server (as one of my teachers used to say "server is nothign special its just the software it run"). Professional servers sometimes use special HDD. Not each standart PC can work as professional server concidering the 24/7 work shedule. HDD are also vulnerable of heat - as example last few days in bulgaria its ~22C in the room and despite the good cooling HDD is not going under 55C - most HDD have critical temperatures listed in the tech manual as 50-55C (take it as copy-paste - they dont give it as specific temperature) so you hope that your HDD would survive evry day

Just my thoughts

• Good luck OP. I had recently a problem on my HDD, made my hole system unstable - just a bad cluster, wich had critical information on windows XP working. I was lucky on that, cause i had the backup of my most important files. I had to reformat my computer, and reinstal everything from zero. In that ocasion, a friend told me that he had some tools that could retrieve some part of the information on those bad clusters, but that informatiinformation could be somehow corrupted.

• speculations... that has nothing to do with any problems you might have had with ur pc

there is a damn big difference between modern servers and client pcs ... its a completly difference system/architecture

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Mirroring RAIDs are your friend. ;)

Careful with apparent harddrive failures in servers. I was working with a webhosting company a while back and one of our servers got hacked. Mail server had an unknown flaw in it. Anyways, the hacker made it appear as if the drives were dying to force the system to run a recovery reboot. Soon as it came back up, some program he'd thrown into the services fired up and hosed the server. All the data was recovered, but damned annoying anyways. We had to run a forensic analysis of it (big words for figuring out what he did) before we could certify the system as stable and usable.

• Actually no there is no that big difference. Here is simple example - current Opteron processors (dual and single core) for 1CPU configuration server can run on standart end user motherboard for less than $100. Server processors are no different than what you can buy evrywhere it could just have support for ECC DDR (Error Correction DDR), different soket so not to mistake what to buy and depend on the class - capability to work with more than one processor. Motherboard - not sure about it but it is based on standart logic probably its just more reliable cause it need to work 24/7. HDD - well old technic is the SCSI disks that can be pluged/unpluged without reboot also some of them reach some nice rpm's like 15 000. However standart SATA disks (or SATA2) would do the same job even its cheaper. As example Western Digital Raptor series work on 10-15K rpms and ther are actually standart disks. Processor that this server is using is like any desktop CPU, its not even Xeon, there is no need to be anyway.

• I will just be glad when the server is up and running again. This is probably the most fun I have ever had playing freelancer online, and I just hope it doesn't go away.

• @pc ur wrong
    i was not talking about processor or any other single component you can find in a normal pc aswell

i was talking about the serverstructure of a blade center which is not comparable with a normal PC

(and usually i know what im talking about)

the server will be back this evening... ill have to work on it the whole day before i can bring it back online for you

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,