Posts by Shados

ive started to upload another version today as ive changed the flmm activation script again
    yesterday there were some false reports about cheats due to one file being edited by flmm

ive solved the prob by editing the script to make these changes in a different area that is not cheat sensitive
    the upload is running and will be done in about 5 hours
    it also contains all the fixes done so far so you dont need to patch them through the launcher

Um, I can't see the installer in the downloads section - am I missing something, or did the upload not finish, or do I have to jump through some hoops to get access, or...?

So far, so good. The bump mapping didn't work right for me (laptop, 8600M GT card), but works fine on just "Advanced" setting. While understandable, not being able to F1 in space is a bit annoying when you're out in the middle of nowhere and want to take a break :p.

Originally posted by Chrysocyon_ZERO
    I have a cable conection, usually a very good connection, but nowadays it's really laggy!! I don't know why my internet provider lowered my connection to 256kbps!! I used to have 4 times that!!. I just discovered that today, and unless i get that fixed on monday, i'll change the internet provider ASAP. [3]

Maybe you hit your download limt? I know my friend has cable and he hit his 20gb a month limit one month (yeah, I wonder how he did it), so they dropped his speed waaaay down.

Originally posted by Mikey
    so is there any way a lan version of the server files could be released? I know that hacking ect is feared, but all I want to do is be able to play the thing with other people :S and when I try to get on the server it always lags and I can never shoot straight :P
    Oh well, I suppose I will just have to keep on playing open SP.

Really, me and TassieDevil and others come from the southern hemisphere, and we don't get too much lag. Are you using dialup or something? If you are then perhaps get cable or, failing that, ADSL. Prices on ADSL and cable have dropped quite a lot recently.

Well, I'm glad it's back, but it's bad timing for me, just when I can't play for a week or so! Looks like the world doesn't want me to play, 8(

So you have NO backups at ALL of the cf server? Didn't you let those germans or whatever have their own server, so would they not have a working copy? Also, if you need a company with good support siteground.com have awesome support and hosting, not sure about servers though.

So the lag reduction patch is now some sort of weird crossbreed of the v1.4 and v.1.5 ones?

A good recon fighter? Not too hard, give it a few 9-10 class guns (only 2-3) and no mines but dual CM's, maybe 135 normal speed like 250 thruster? Oh and like only 4k health and level 8 shields that don't have much shield capacity but an awesome recharge rate. I think that would end up as a fairly balanced recon light fighter, not enough firepower to take out VHF's but maybe VF's and with good enough manouvreability you could just dodge/run against VHF's.

Holy Medula Oblongata! 8o That list is HUGE! Even with my near religious devotion to all things CF I'm not going to read all of that for a while yet!

Morti Shun, Strike Carriers are Nomad ships, I was dissapointed by this fact, as they were in the 1.57 ship list and it said they could hold 1,000,000 (that's a MILLION) cargo!

Yeah, basically do everything, hey OP did you know there's an invisible sun in Kandiris? Me and Dragoness found it one time, you can see it on your nav map in the top right and it has the same infocard as the one you can see. I flew up to the edge of the corona but I didn't particularily see if I went boom by going too close so I flew off again :P .

Strip them naked, tie hands and feet behind their back. Cover them in itching power then pu them in a sack. Tie the sack so it's hanging off a tree branch, light a medium sized fire under the sack, let them "cook" :P .

Next Week? Glorious Jubilation! I've got alot of free time next week, from maybe 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM (GMT +11:00) ever day except for a few interventions to cook dinner and things, :D .
    I'm also completely free on the weekends so I hope I can be of some help with the testing.

Well it does have some competition, ya' know. I'm not going to mention names as I think I can hear the tanks a comin', so I might just go over here.... *runs off*

I'd just like to ask a qeustion about the char wipe, I think you said somewhere that people would receive compensation to allow them to buy back their ships and equip and stuff, but how are you planning on getting the money to them?