1.62 bug

There are 36 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Centaurian.

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    well whatever it is... it never happened to me and others also had no prob

actually there is no reason for this "bug"

Don't mean to rile or tiff Op..

Just to be honest.

I'll continue the f1 move and play around the bug..it's no hassle..just thought you'd want to know about it.

Thanks for your concern,

REAPER out.....*click*[walksmil]

• Judging from the responses to Reaper's obervation, I'm thinking it could be related to the type of graphics card/driver in use; I don't know of many others who have a Radeon 9600XT card (like mine) in their comp. I updated the Catalyst drivers when 1.6 came out, so I'm fairly current with it... ?(

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

Originally posted by Argos
    I have this problem too, allmost everytime, but as CA sad I didn't pay to much atention.

Ditto. Has happened in 1.61 several times in different ships.

I have an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 onboard graphics card in my HP Pavillon a1330n pc. maybe it's a graphics card issue. Or maybe it's the latest mutation of the Andromeda strain.

• I also run a Radeon rage. Never had this problem before on any other mod but this one. Anyhow, like I stated, its not anything serious and I can live with the f1 technique.

• all i know is that i never had this problem and therefore it is pretty hard to fix it

and the files are not bugged (coz they are working in other systems)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hmmm...well...to add to the oddity - when I was using a Radeon 9600XT I had the same issue with the gates. However, I recently upgraded to a Radeon X1600PRO - and have had absolutely no issues while using that card....

• OP as far as I can see it is no REAL problem. So considering the state of things, I wouldn't be concerned with it. Atleast for now. We all play around it and I've seen no reason to complain or bring it up before now. And if neccissary I'll continue to play around it. The rest of CF is a tribute to your hard work. "Don't fret the small stuff". Please. Ok?

• can we plz stop talking about something that has been mentioned over and over? we have to F1....big deal....wont make a difference if u all spam this thread.
    its a bug that cant be fixed....so live with it, dont spam here and talk about video card problems, because the bug is with the mod, not ur videocards....

• Here is strange bug. I dont know what cause it. You know the player statistic with F8 that shows you the kills, char time been used and visited bases/systems. I notice that on my char that fly with Liberty Cruiser this statistic never change the kills nomater do i kill players or npc ships - its always remain 9 (or 7 - dont remember exactly but it never change) killed fighters and thats all?!?!?!

Is it me or somethign s wrong. I think to test it tomorrow with purpouse.

• The Devastator VHF shows 2 torp/CD slots, but it will take 1 torp + 1 CD ONLY. Not 2 torps, not 2 CD's...probably only a slot description error.

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)