crash

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• not sure where to put this .

i have tryed to launch from planet mannhaten and stutgart and both times i have crashed to desktop.
    i have followed the instalation guide in th read me
    file.
    3D sound is off.

• u guys dont have bugged characters do you? i.e ones that have been to altair? or used gatlings, armoured transports etc at some point?

(forgive me if this has nothing to do with it, for i am ignorant >_<) :D

• fresh install / and the only char i had that had been too altar was deleted.

i have even done a new char but it happens again.

working now :]

• Same deal here. I'm in Leeds system. Fresh install, 3d sound off, never been to Altair. Took off from the planet, immediate crash. Can't log in now without crashing to desktop.

• Whoever is succeful with their reinstall and are NOT haveing problems should post here also so that all can maybe campare notes. Just an idea....I'm still at work so that wont be me for awhile...but I'll post as soon as I know myself.

• it is working... more or less
    ive no idea where the problem was/is

i temporarily fixed it by using an old serverversion... but that is no final solution
    its more like holding a airplane togehter just with a bubble gum (best expression i can find for it)

well tomorrow ill do some tests... so the server will be offline at the afternoon

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i have done a clean install and have never been to altair. first time undock i crashed to desktop and second time i could fly but having much red lag.

singleplayer works fine only when i jump into sol there are nomore jumpgates. Graphics are gone and not possible to take jump.

-------------------------------
    Player Char: Wallie

Originally posted by Wallie
    ...singleplayer works fine only when i jump into sol there are nomore jumpgates. Graphics are gone and not possible to take jump.

-------------------------------
    Player Char: Wallie

This was a minor issue in 1.61 too. Just hit F1, exit the game, and relaod your character. When you return to Sol, the jumpgates should be visible and usable.

This was a minor issue in 1.61 too. Just hit F1, exit the game, and relaod your character. When you return to Sol, the jumpgates should be visible and usable.

Yes , it worked. thnx man! [8] [8]

• Well, my pal told me he got a problem in open sp mode:
    Ewery time he uses the jumpholes in Freepor7, and tires to return (to freeport7) the program chrash.

Any idea why is that? 8O

A BOY WITH STARS IN HIS EYES
    SHOOTING THE RAPIDS OF HEAVEN

Robert holdstock: ELITE the dark wheel

• sounds like the 3d sound prob to me

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!