how clan (guild?) works in this mod?

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ruivo.

• as by title.... i'm near to buy a decent ship, i already got around 1 mil... and then? are there guild (clan?) to join? any suggestion is highly appreciated...

• First when you get a good ship and such, or have the motivation, approach a member of a clan of the server. Choose which one based on what your views are, just like political parties.

BloodGuard has been on the longest and is a military clan with skilled pilots.

DragonCorp is the second longest running on Crossfire. It is composed of mercenaries.

Pyschos in Action is a smuggling clan, though they are also in some ways mercs as well.

Fallen is a pirating/smuggling clan.

Lost Prophets are pure pirate. Don't get caught alone in X-3034 with Privateer.

The CrossFire Police Department is a para-military clan sprung from the old Ronin clan. They help us BG's patrol against pirates.

As for DaD, I haven't a clue. I believe they are military, but one can't be too sure.

Once you choose one and ask they'll consider you and then start you up and train you. If you want to make you own up then find some other freelancers and recruit them. Just one word of advice, dont be in more than one clan. You'll be casted out as a clan jumper and spy.

• hhhhmmmmm.... its not THAT clear. maybe i'll try DC, the mercs.
    anyway i'm going to buy the ship at takagi's... once i heard that some sytem are owned by clans... do i have to ask permissione for enter?

• Yes, you need to ask permission to enter a clansystem. As for the DC, well, the more the better. If you feel like joining the clan, have a word with pcforce or phoenix.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• @ Origami,
    welcome to cf.

there is a very good map of clan owned systems made by Chief Red Cloud.

map is located in cares,peuries,applications>ignorant players. on page 2 in post by Chief Red Cloud.

please do not be put off by section name.

click on map. you will be taken to putfile.com and you can download and print the map.

also a good idea to read server rules/systemrules section.

good luck and look into IOC clan. it is a freelancer clan. we will have a home system after cf 1.6 update. IOC home system should be soon.

all of the clans are very good. be sure to look at each clan before you choose, because once you choose a clan you are not allowed to change to another.

take your time about choosing a clan and make sure it fits your style of game.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• ok, i entered tohoku without permission... NICE start, really; ill get out asap... i entered for buying a good ship, sorry :-(
    i found the map, and i'm going to print it, so no more mistakes :-)
    about a clan... guess i'll wait a little longer, i'll read some more forum posts then ill ask permission to join. thx all for your help... g'night

• Well those are all server clans, but there's also the unnoficial clans, like the UAC (:D). Here @ my sig is the adress to our forums, be shure to take a tour there before you sign up in any clan.

PS: I'm waiting for the 1.6 update and the charwipe to return to the server, in the meanwhile, talk to Tranquil_Dominance, he's heading the serverside business right now.

Originally posted by Origami
    ok, i entered tohoku without permission... NICE start, really; ill get out asap...

Shit happens (i mean mistakes) dont worry :)

ok, i entered tohoku without permission... NICE start,

lol theat remindes myself [10]

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

From the darkness we come to the darkness we all shall go
    ........................................................................................
    Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, cum possit, iubet. Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

Translation:

The descent to Hell is easy. He who does not forbid sin commands it. Without the cross, without the light, nothing dies. We are but dust and shadows.
    Eve online chars: RavenMcDougal

• I have always wondered about Custodian as a clan system. All the other systems are dead ends, just a base of operations for the clans, but custodian is a useful bridge between Liberty and Crossfire, yet not useful because if you go in their you get hulled by clanners.

Hate the Games Workshop rules? Check: 20000AD Project
    We're still working on it...

"If this band moved in next door your lawn would die." - Lemmy Kilmister

• the reason why BG does down custodian ... well there are different reasons

1. custodian means guard and the middle planet is called blood ...-> bloodguard

2. custodian is a connection between very important systems... and naturally the way new players will take to reach the new systems... therefore a police is needed to prevent pirates to tax those players -> protection of new players

3. the cf mod was originally build for the BG clan and custodian was the 2nd system ive build... BG was/is structured in fixed wings that were rivals onces and had to fight each other... this is why every wing has an own system...

4. BG does pay way more money than any1 else... so far i can say that half of the money for the serverrent was paid by BG

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• There are a few good ways into X that will take you to unowned systems with good ships. Just stay out of the owned ones without permission, remember, if the BG dont get ya the CFPD will.

[SIZE=5]Crossfire Police Department[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Duty above all but Honor[/SIZE]

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    Chars: [Capt]Osiris[CFPD]; [Capt]Osiris{CFPD}; [CFPD]Osiris; [CFPD]Osiris_Freighter;{Capt}Osiris[CFPD];
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• I had the same problem when i've came to the server last year, found myself in custodian @ lvl 31 or 32, didn't noticed that i had lvled up. Luckly i've left before anything bad happened. Other than this, i never entered another owned system without permission, just ask'em (be shure to ask an senior officer), and if they're not doing training or anything in the system, i bet they'll let you in.