i installed CF 2.0 after reinstalling Win10 64Bit on my Surface 1 Pro (yes, it worked even on this thing).
I want to start a SP Game, it takes some seconds an i get the folowing messages
Here is the stuff i tried:
-clean all FL, CF anf FLMM Files and the Regedit (manually and with CCleaner)
-added the FL and FLMM Folder to the Windows Defender exception list
-used the "2.0 Crossfire Installation guide extended" step by step three times (each time with new CF-Install files)
-tryed different Shaders
-driverupdate failed, MS does not seem to like the "original" Drivers but there is no update provided by MS
-installed Direct X 9.0C and .net Framework 3/4.5 manually
-installed MS Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2015 manually
i have no idea what i could do else and i want to play this great Mod.
DxDiag and the Win Error attached!
There is a couple of issues with the Launcher, the reason is unknown and the solution is not always the same. It's sensitive to file structure integrity, that's all I can say about it.
But I may have found a solution to this once, and I haven't had a problem with error codes ever since... What I did was:
1. Installing the ModManager that comes with the package from ModDb.
(1a. I would go as far as to restart PC when everything is installed )
2. Force ModManager to start as Admin.
3. Close everything down and make sure you never get problems activating the mod in ModManager the first time. If you had issues with the activation, you've got file integrity problems and need to re-install both Freelancer and ModManager in a new folder. That means re-installing the mod as well.
4. Remove the "Read Only" on both the Freelancer game folder, the ModManager folder, and the Freelancer folder in Documents/MyGames/ by right-clicking the folders.
5. After this, delete the entire "EXE2" folder in Freelancer... This folder will be re-created when Launcher starts up next time. Sometimes you can not delete this folder if you got a copy-error, but you can still move it out of the Freelancer folder and delete it later.
This is what I did and haven't had copy-errors or any launcher issues ever since. In my case, this is what solved all my problems.
It wasn't a shader issue, it wasn't Windows issues, not driver issues or anything missing... I just had to play with the Freelancer file structure and got it working.
In any case where ModManager activates the Crossfire Mod just fine but the launcher fails to do its job, delete EXE2 folder, do some fiddling with the files and try again.
[EDIT: correction of text]