Crash Code ffffffffc0000005 [E000000D3]

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by KenChan.

• There is a couple of issues with the Launcher, the reason is unknown and the solution is not always the same. It's sensitive to file structure integrity, that's all I can say about it.

But I may have found a solution to this once, and I haven't had a problem with error codes ever since... What I did was:

1. Installing the ModManager that comes with the package from ModDb.

(1a. I would go as far as to restart PC when everything is installed )

2. Force ModManager to start as Admin.

3. Close everything down and make sure you never get problems activating the mod in ModManager the first time. If you had issues with the activation, you've got file integrity problems and need to re-install both Freelancer and ModManager in a new folder. That means re-installing the mod as well.

4. Remove the "Read Only" on both the Freelancer game folder, the ModManager folder, and the Freelancer folder in Documents/MyGames/ by right-clicking the folders.

5. After this, delete the entire "EXE2" folder in Freelancer... This folder will be re-created when Launcher starts up next time. Sometimes you can not delete this folder if you got a copy-error, but you can still move it out of the Freelancer folder and delete it later.

This is what I did and haven't had copy-errors or any launcher issues ever since. In my case, this is what solved all my problems.

It wasn't a shader issue, it wasn't Windows issues, not driver issues or anything missing... I just had to play with the Freelancer file structure and got it working.

In any case where ModManager activates the Crossfire Mod just fine but the launcher fails to do its job, delete EXE2 folder, do some fiddling with the files and try again.

[EDIT: correction of text]

Edited 2 times, last by zimtonix: correction of text ().

• In my eyes the launcher is working perfect.

The issue is more or less related to windows user permissions or even 3rd party tools which restrict such permissions and therefore block the Crossfire Installer and the Crossfire launcher to do its job.

Unfortunatly I have no influence on all the possible user rights on the client PCs.

When creating the installer we have build in the ability to request admin permission during the installation on all windows version starting with Windows XP up to Windows 10 and also build in a feature that would change certain registry values that would allow FLMM to remove write protections from the mod and also from the Freelancer folder. We even considered structural changes between the Windows versions.

All these additional features were tested successfully on clean installations of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 10. A lot of effort went into making the installation procedure as compatible as possible.

Especially in the past year I noticed from reports and also observed it in Teamviewer sessions that new error sources appeared.

e.g. it seems like access to the "C:\Program files(86)\" on some PCs require even more permissions these days. That is why I suggest not to install the original game into this folder.

I am not sure if Microsoft did changes to the user permission structures over the past 1-2 years. I personally never experienced it because I simply never installed FL into that folder by default (in my eyes games do not belong into a my programs folder).

It also might be that there are different permission settings for the different windows versions -> Home edition/Professional/Enterprise etc. That is really hard to test.

And then we of course have players that simply have no idea how to get stuff installed.

Instead of installing a clean FL, then FLMM and then the mod... they leave out steps.

E.g. installing the mod right into the FL folder... or installing it into a empty folder without ever using FLMM.

Ive seen all that stuff happen already.

Ive even seen people manually copying files from the mod into the FL folder without using FLMM.

All these procedures are doomed to fail.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Helpful

I found the solution to the problem!!! I am Russian, I want to share with you the solution to the problem! I spent 6 hours on it. there is a solution! I had exactly the same problem and error when starting the game. the solution is simple, you need to include the old directory

How to download and install DirectPlay for Windows 10 and Windows 11

09.08.2021 windows | for beginners | programs

How to download and install DirectPlay in Windows 10 and Windows 11If some game reports that DirectPlay is required for its functions to work, do not rush to look for where to download these components on the Internet - the approach to installing this missing component is completely different.

This simple beginner's guide explains how to install DirectPlay for Windows 10 or Windows 11 and why you don't need to download them.

Installing DirectPlay on new systems

Microsoft DirectPlay components may be required for older games, but in new operating systems such as Windows 10 or Windows 11, they are disabled by default, although they are present and ready to be enabled — that is, you do not need to download DirectPlay. To install DirectPlay, follow these simple steps:

Open the control panel and go to the "Programs and Features" section (to display it, set "Icons" in the "View" field at the top right). To open the Control panel, you can use the search in the Windows 10 and 11 taskbar. The second way to quickly open "Programs and Components" is to press the Win+R keys, type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.

In the window with the list of programs, on the left click on the item "Enabling or disabling Windows components".Enabling or disabling Windows components in the Control Panel

In the list of available components, find the Legacy Components section, and then select DirectPlay and click Ok.Installing DirectPlay on Windows 10 and Windows 11

As a result, DirectPlay will be installed on your computer or laptop: usually a reboot is not required, but if the game continues to report the lack of necessary components, try restarting.

An additional way to quickly install DirectPlay:

Run the command prompt as an administrator

Enter

the dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName command:DirectPlay /All

and click Enter Install DirectPlay on the command line