The Big Race Event

There are 124 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Inferno.

• Thursday 2/2/06 8pm GMT
    The Big Race event

Meet in Arena. The race will be in Coloseum.

There will be 3 rounds, with 3 laps each.

The pilots will cruise through special rings. If a pilot misses a ring he will have to go back and go through it.

The racers cannot use weapons or kill the other racers.

The first 3 pilots to finish the first round will proceed to the second.

The 2 pilots to finish the second round will proceed to the third and final.

The winner from each round will receive a prize from 10mill credits. But only the winner from the final round will receive the Title 'Best racer' and the winners badge.

Look forward to seeing you there.

PiA_JtaK

• The BIg Race will be held again tonight in the Colosium at 2000 GMT. All pilots of any level are invited, and once again big cash prizes will be won.

Please meet at Arena at 1945 GMT. Races will start promptly at 2000. If you are held up, please make your way to Colosium, as with 3 races, you may still get a chance to compete.

See you racers there...

PiA_JtaK

• Thursday 2/3/06 8pm GMT

The Big Race event

Meet in Arena. The race will be in Coloseum. There will be 3 rounds, with 3 laps each. The pilots will cruise through special rings. If a pilot misses a ring he will have to go back and go through it. The racers cannot use weapons or kill the other racers.

The first 3 pilots to finish the first round will proceed to the second.

The 2 pilots to finish the second round will proceed to the third and final.

The winner from each round will receive a prize from 10mill credits. But only the winner from the final round will receive the Title 'Best racer' and the winners badge.

Look forward to seeing you there.

PiA_JtaK

• The Big Race will be held tonight in the Colosium.

There are big cash prizes available, totaling 105m. New players especially welcome.

The competition is open to all, you only need a maneuverable ship capable of cruise, and the willingness to have a go. This is one of the few events were the level 1 pilots can humble the level 90.

For the rules, please see my posts above, I will go through them and answer any questions before you race.

Please meet me in the arena at 1945, for a 2000 prompt start. If you are going to be late, please send me a message in game, as more racers = more fun, and with the agreement of the other racers, we may delay the start. With 3 races to enter, if you miss one, you can still enter a later one.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

PiA_JtaK

• The Big Race 9th March 2006 Results

There was a very good crowd in tonight, my thanks to all those who took part. We used the full rules, which meant 2 heats, and a Grand Final. Gunny very kindly donated 30m, which resulted in a bumper payout.

First Race
    Winner Petrus 25m
    Second

Second Race
    Winner Striker 25m
    Second Tanatos 15m

Grand Final
    Winner Striker 50m
    Second Tanatos 25m

One or two players could not compete due to server lag, my commiserations to them.

I hope to see all racers again next week.

PiA_JtaK

• Here are the results of the Big Race held tonight.

1st Race - Konrad_Kurze
    2nd Race - Alien
    3rd Race - Konrad_Kurze

Thank you to all that took part, see you again next week.

PiA_JtaK

• Due to the impending release of the new Crossfire 1.6 Mod, the Big Race has been cancelled for one week only.

My apologies to race fans, but the event will be held next week.

PiA_JtaK

• any reason why the csf banner has the coalition logo in the middle?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• The CSF is sort of an atrittion group. I always imagined them as rebels in Sirius trying to overthrow the Alliance with Coalition-oriented goals in mind. Perhaps no such link exists, but the fun part about loose ends is that there are so many ways to rationalize how things work :D.

Btw, if you'd like to continue the event JtaK, feel free to take it off my hands, but otherwise I'll be running the Big Race at 8PM GMT on 6/15/06. Prize money is yet to be allocated but may be in excess of double the norm. I encourage players to participate so we can have a good race. I look forward to seeing you there 8).

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Big Race has been canceled for today because of timezone miscalculations and event conflicts. The next race will be held on Thursday the 22nd at 8PM GMT. All contestents please meet me at Planet New London 15 minutes prior to the event. That is all for now.

• Big Race today was a one-way transit from Planet Manhatten, New York System to Planet Cambridge, Cambridge System. Racers performed spectacularly, but there was a shortcomming in that all contestants won prizes (there were only 3 -_-). Perhaps there will be a bigger turnout next time. :D

First Place Winner of 15 mil: BG_Gundam

Second Place Winner of 10 mil: VRF888

Thrid Place Winner of 5 mil: DC_Viktor

Congrats to the racers, the next race will be held at 20:00 GMT on Thursday, July 6th. I hope to see you again next week! 8)

(Btw, screens from the race would have been posted here, but the file-hosting site I use won't support any more of my files. Sry :P)

• Big Race is cancelled due to lack of SP to announce the event. I haven't been able to generate interest in the race without universal-chat capabilities, so no contestants means no race. Only 15 minutes remain before the event would have began at Earth, Sol System, and this is not enough time for those interested to gather. :(

The next event will be attempted at 20:00 GMT on 7/13/2006. I will not be around to host the event for a long period of time after this date, so if you are willing to substitute in my stead, plz PM me before the 16th so that I can run you through the rules and transfer prize money to one of your chars. Thank you.

• Somebody needs to take over Big Race for me or it isn't going to be held for quite some time. Due to the fact that I only have one char atm (an armory that I will not take out of NY) I will not be able to host the event tomorrow as I had previously planned. I will be away on vacation after that for awhile and will not have access to a PC with CF installed on it. The next event I will be able to host will be on Thursday, August 10th.

• Ok, nobody took over for me -_-.

Next race is scheduled for upcoming August the 8th... starting time will be as usuall and I have something special in mind... all contestants interested should come to Earth in Sol System to partake 30 minutes before the event's start. Don't miss out, this is going to be a good one 8).

• Though there were only 4 racers, the event went off well today. The following are the ruesults...

1st Place and Prize of 20,000,000: LaserJet

2nd Place and Prize of 10,000,000: Sev

3rd Place and Prize of 5,000,000: MarcBomber

Also racing was Sapphire, who resigned during the final stretch. Difficulties in the race included unmapped systems which made it a unique challenge. I hope you all had fun and I look forward to next week's race :D.

• Congratulations for running an event Marshall. We need them back...

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

{LP}Amos and derivatives; {LP}Ivanov{X} from the Altair branch of LP

• yes was nice, and special thanks for bringing me back to sirius X-)

[angel] Give me your hand and follow me into the light! [angel]

MSN: MarcBomber@arcor.de (no mail)
    IRC: irc.quakenet.org:6667 #Bomber

[SIZE=1] Post last edited by MarcBomber on 11.09.2005, 10:01 AM. [/SIZE]

• Np, next event will be on the 17th at a similar time. Maybe I race through DK space might be good for next time :D