CF1.6

There are 492 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• maybe those mods used a 1.0 server version
    something i dont really want to do due to stability issues

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    1. to stop playing online doesnt help you coz SPs will give out money to players depending on what they had before (not as much money as they had but enough)
    and playing MP is not just getting best ship and money... its about playing together with others

So you're saying that if 1.6 causes a complete character wipe and I have to start from scratch, Gunny will give me the 40 million credits I'll need to outfit a new ship at my current level? If that's a promise, I'll keep playing.

• Actually, I'm kinda looking forward to a character wipe; I'd give up my store just to see OP in a starflyer again! Just imagine the fun of ASF/CSF battles with fleets of starflyers and bloodhounds...what fun!! :D

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• When we had the last char wipe it didnt take long for people to make money and get good ships.(Remember the Eagle is a damn good and cheap fighter)
    Also think of it as a totally new game ,after all there will be loads mores options and ships ect.
    tbh im looking forward to a char wipe ,even tho ill loose a fully stocked store:)

• That's true, all those +lvl70 players won't have any reason to try out the new, lighter ships. But a charwipe isn't necessary to do this, all they have to do is start a new char.

Honestly, losing all my money and equipment doesn't look soo bad to me. But losing all my map, that is bad.

Actually, i never seen anyone asking this, but while i was mapping i got curious about one thing. Will the new players start with the full map?

• Support seems to actually be growing for the char wipe... How about making it optional :D ? What about the > lv. 60 range of players? The very thought of starting over again may give me, for one, a stroke. If it happens, at least I'll have a lot of time in the hospital to work on new chars.

By the way, I agree with strogguniverse; I can't wait to get a hold of a coalition VHF.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

Support seems to actually be growing for the char wipe...

Some of this is tongue-in-cheek, Marshal. We all support OP in whatever decision he feels best for the life of the server. Really, I doubt anyone is enthusiastic about the prospect of a character wipe; some of us are just looking for a silver lining in that cloud. For instance, one positive consequence would be that the ill-gotten gains of players who exploited bugs would be wiped clean, and we would see who has really got skill in building characters, since CF 1.6 will have greatly improved cheat prevention. Another positive thing (in my view) would be the purging of old, discarded and unused character files, now clogging the stat board, some of which have seen zero activity for years.

I personally do not really relish the idea of remapping Sirius with 4 ships, going through the procedure of getting permissions to replace proprietary designs, rebuilding a well-stocked store, and all the rest. But the benefits 1.6 will bring are expected to be worth whatever front-end inconvenience we have to overcome, and on that basis, I look forward to getting on with it, one way or the other!

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Okay, what you said makes a lot of sense. Whatever happens, all we can do is make do with what we've got and be thankful for it. I'm 100% behind whatever decisions are made around here; it doesn't matter what cons this new mod will carry with it, because it's going to be the best one out there. 8) Didn't mean to be a naysayer, thanks for the insight Centaurian.

By the way, if one was going to make a new char if 1.6, what system would they be starting in? Is there a choosing feature, a set location, or is it going to be a surprise?

• signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• That's a good idea, but wouldn't it require an audio cue like when there are incoming missiles or torpedoes? If it could work it would be awesome. It's never fun to spend an hour in Altair and get blasted clear back to Earth. And OP, those screenshots are absolute eyecandy. 8)

• *whistles in admiration*

Lovely! I like that new planetscape... Can't wait to see it up close! :D

+1 for that audio cue on Ion Cannons... If possible... (At least a warning sound) :)

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• I'll be honest, i never got shot by an ion cannon (thx god), but seeing what everyone says about them, i liked the idea of an warning signal.

Originally posted by Marshal Cunningham

By the way, if one was going to make a new char if 1.6, what system would they be starting in? Is there a choosing feature, a set location, or is it going to be a surprise?

OP said that the new chars will be given the choice of choosing an faction to sign for (somthing i've been waiting since i've first played FL years ago), and so you'll start at the homesystem of that faction.

• Concerning starting options: very groovy. Concerning ion cannons: usually you don't know you're being shot at until you ship erupts into a spectacular ball of fire. I've never gone within 20km of one since I first got hit. :D

• I don't remember them being that big an obstacle in Starlancer. But then, in SL, by the time you faced the ion cannon, you could fly a cloaked ship. So you could sneak up on it, uncloak, take out a turret and recloak.
    No such option in CF. That's going to be verrry interersting. :-)