Greetings Everyone - Great Mod

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Titan_addict.

• Greetings!

First off let me say that your

Crossfire 1.56 Mod is awesome. It's quite obvious you (devs) took alot of time working on

it.

Now that the Kudo's are done, I do have a question. I looked through the

forums, but did not see any threads that answered my question(s).

1)

Does the Crossfire mod have an ending?

Maybe it's because

I was tired when I read the readme (Either that or i'm just dumb) for the Mod, but I did

not read the part where it said if this Mod has an ending or not. A goal to work towards so

to speak.

I currently have the Bullpup MKIII Freighter (Totally Kickass Ship BTW!)

And she is packing some mean firepower. Found some sweet weapons on an old wreck that does

like 1,650+ DPS. The other Hardpoints are filled in with a mixture of guns that do 900+ DPS

& I also have 3 Nomad guns installed. No, i'm not trying to brag about my ship, only to ask

if there is a point to continue on playing. I have also bought each of the Battleships for

sale at the Crossfire Orbital Shipyard and filled out the Turrents, (Close to a 100 Million

Credits!!) but because each one turned so slow (duh! I know) I reloaded my game and bought

the ship I currently have.

Oh & I only play this game in OpenSP.

Thank you for

your time & again, Awesome job!!

-MRG

• well the story does

continue in the next versions of the mod...but if you mean like wars and such for storys

then its best to be online....other than that the openSP has no story to continue on.

• 1) Story continues how? From the Mod or SP story?
    2) I tried MP a

few times awhile back & just did not care for it. So I don't plan on playing this mod

online.
    3) So, pretty much I have reached the point where I have "Finished" the mod? Only

in the sence that I have explored "Most" of the mod & have pretty much enough credits to buy

what I want.

Well I very much look forward to the next

version.

Thanks!

-MRG

• crossfire is a developing mod ... this means with every new (full) version -> 1.1, 1.2,

1.5, 1.6 the crossfire story will expand

the story will end with version 2.0 (but i

wont tell you how it will end)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• No,it will not end as long as i live.You WILL make

new version(you better do or something real bad is gonna happen [10]

).

j/k...

Really OP,don't give up!Make new version after the 2.0 or at least

make a new mod!!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Whatever...

Need a gun,shield or any piece of equipment?Need a tour around Crossfire? You came to the right place! The *at corporation has the best prices and outstanding quality.We offer tour guides throughout Crossfire for very small fees. Contact me or any player with *at tag for details. :pimp:

• Hello Tgsmrg ( ???),

multiplayer will give you more depth and volume because you add a new dimention: interaction

with others.

You said you have explored ALL the mod, with a bull3 ?
    This ship is

indeed very special but not the best to explore and certainly not for exploring

ALTAIR.

You did not mention Altair, nor the coalition ships, nor the phoenix cannon

from Sol, nor the disk data in Death Valley, nor the special shield from Hiruga system, nor

...to much to make the entirely list of new stuff you can find in this mod. I

play here for more than a year and i'm a great explorer but i have not yet discorvered ALL

of this mod! ( i'm still wandering the meaning of the new contraband stuff OP put recently

in his mod ;( , i managed to map the location of more than 50 of them !)

Now I'm

waiting for the next mod, the mod 1.7, where we, MAYBE, will become friends with the

coalition and visiting their bases buying some soviet ships and armement and , of course,

meat new ennemies !

• NewPol,

First off, "TGSMRG" is just a combo of my online name. The first 3

letters are just initials to one of the online gaming sites I do tech support for

(www.thegamerssyndicate.com) and the last 3 letters are my online initials.

(MobleRepairGuy) Just thought i'd post that info because of your

(????)

Anyways,

I never said I explored all of the mod. Only "Most" at least I

think most, of course since i'm not a Dev, i'm not sure. I explored all of the systems

that you explore in the regular SP and then once I made it to Planet Crossfire, I explored a

great deal of the portals themselves. Now i'll admit that once I was in each of the portals

I did not do a 100% search of the entire area. I would only scan for planets and either fly

to them or I would fly in an "X" through the system before going onto the next system via a

portal.

As for the ship I used, the BullPup MKIII, I also never said thats the best

ship. Only that after buying a Battleship and then 10 turrents (Damn that cost alot of

credits to do that!) I got the MKIII and in the course of my travels I found the weapons. I

don't think I got that particular weapon you mentioned nor the shield. I did find/buy (I

forget which) a shield that gave me over 8,000 protection. It was a class 10. Is that the

one you meant?

You know, I very much enjoy playing Freelancer & the freedon it

offeres to do anything you want. Also from the other posts here in the forums & on other

sites, the Crossfire Mod, I have read, is even better to play online. I think I will be

giving it a try online.

I hope my experience is just better than the last time I

played it online. There wasn't a cool player to be found ANYWHERE. Just leet players that

made my time playing online an unpleasant one.

Are there any Fighters/Freighters that

1)Look cooler & 2)ARE better than the BullPup MKIII I had? How about weapons? Those I had

(Yes "had", I uninstalled the game) were able to make short work of enemies that I fought

when I took on missions in the Crossfire Planet system. (lvl 45)

One last question,

If I play online & buy a Battleship, can other players land on my ship? Also does the

gameplay itself differ if I play online? I don't mean because there will be actual humans

in the ships, but the game itself. New ships or anything of that type.

Damn, I really

regret now that I uninstall the game...

Thanks for your help.

MRG

• ok, here r the answers to ur quetions:

1st question: no, the best shield is

the advanced Champion shield, found Nagara base, Hiruga.

2nd question: yes, there r

ships that look and perform better than the bullpup mk3

3rd question: the overall

'good' weapons in the game r the Phoenix Project cannons, found on Earth, Sol

4th

question: no, other ships cannot dock with battlships

have fun:)

• 1 sugest. drop 1 nano or

another thing. when ur "gate" r opening 1 ship can enter on ur bs. i do that in to the

another mod.its funny.

• Thank you for explaining your coded name.
    Mine is

simple : in the first Freelancer i used POL ( for facility reason, look at your keyboard :D

) and now with Crossfire i can back at live so NewPol ( like New Berlin, New London, New

Tokio...)

What i tried to make you clear is that even it is not FL2, OP managed to

build in a story to be followed across all the mod.

You'll find some details in the

forum under datadisk but i can tell you how to get started.

Go to Earth and look at

the news.
    Go to Nephele and find a data disk with info.
    Find Death Valley and find an

other disk
    Find the 3 data disks with the location of the secret way to

ALTAIR.

Don't start with a BS, try some BLADES ( 3 kinds ) fighters or old remodeled

STARLANCER ships ( OP work ! ).

If i'm on line, you may always ask for info, but

most of high ranking pilots will do the same. :D

See you in space !

• That's kind of a vague statement

MRG. Your idea of what defines a "cool player" may differ from mine. I'm not into the clan

mentality, and haven't spent much time online, but I have found friendly and helpful

players online. Whether or not being friendly and helpful constitues being "cool" is up to

you to decide I guess.

...Also does the gameplay itself differ if I play

online? I don't mean because there will be actual humans in the ships, but the game itself.

New ships or anything of that type.

Maybe it's just because of my anemic

processor, but I've found that online play is more difficult. In SP, I could wipe out an

army of Level 10 ships in a Bullpup MkIII and tractor in buckets of loot. If you try that

online, you'll most likely get a different result. That's why my username and my current

ship don't match. In SP, a Titan, equipped with the top guns and shields is all you need. A

Titan online is just a very nice target. Being incinerated regularly is a good cure for

Titan addiction. :-) So now I fly a Warblade.

Damn, I really regret now

that I uninstall the game...

I can relate. I'm on my fourth install of

Freelancer, second for Crossfire. But making money and progress is fun and not too

difficult. It'll be worth the effort. :)