Originally posted by Pandora
    there was

no attitude in his reply, simple answer to a simple question

If you say

so.

-MRG

Wow..

Well thanks

anyways I guess. Good Job on the mod reguardless...

Not that you'll care, but I have

since uninstalled your mod and have moved onto TNG. It supports LAN.

Please delete

my account. I won't be posting here again.

Thank you and have a great

day.

-MRG

I asked a simple question OP. No need for that kinda

attitude.

-MRG

Greetings all,

My

brother in law came over for the weekend and I turned him onto FL:CF and he wanted to play

it on LAN. When I went to host, I saw that there was not the option to host a CF LAN server,

or at least not that I could see.

I then re-read the readme and saw that I need to

get permission to have my own CF server.

OP, do I have your permission to play CF

over LAN and if so HOW do I do it??

Thanks!!

-MRG

I did a full fresh install of FL. I then

installed the CF 1.56 mod. I start the game. No problem. Then I exit out and install the CF

1.57 Update. After it installs, CF 1.56 is still activated. I activate 1.57 & 1.56 stays

activated. So I start the game. Loads just fine and the loading screen says "Crossfire

1.57"
    I install OpenSP and restart the game. No problems when I go to start a SP

game.

I then exit out once again, deactivate everything and then reactivate 1.57

ONLY. I start the game and the intro movie is gone. I hit ESC and the 1.57 loading screen

comes up, then crashes instantly every time. I reactivate 1.56 and restart. All ok. No

warning messages or anything.

I currently have activated:
    Crossfire Mod 1.56

Client Edition
    Crossfire Mod 1.57 Client Edition
    Crossfire OpenSP Addon 1.1

The

game starts and runs like normal.

-MRG

Titan,

In the readme it says to

activate 1.56 and then 1.57. If you just activate the 1.57 will the mod still work? The 1.57

is only 10mb as you know. Also when you activate the 1.57, it activates very fast where the

1.56 takes a few moments.

Also does the OpenSP work fine with the new

1.57?

Shy of clan stuff, is OpenSP and CFMP the same as far as content? Other than

playing with real people, whats the difference gameplay wise?

OP,
    Awesome mod.

Thanks for making it!!

p.s. I have since reinstalled FL. I have downloaded CF 1.56,

1.57 Update & OpenSP. I want to play SP & have decided to try CF in MP. Can I play the SP

campaign with CF activated or is OpenSP the only way to play CF offline?

-MRG

NewPol,

First off, "TGSMRG" is just a combo of my online name. The first 3

letters are just initials to one of the online gaming sites I do tech support for

(www.thegamerssyndicate.com) and the last 3 letters are my online initials.

(MobleRepairGuy) Just thought i'd post that info because of your

(????)

Anyways,

I never said I explored all of the mod. Only "Most" at least I

think most, of course since i'm not a Dev, i'm not sure. I explored all of the systems

that you explore in the regular SP and then once I made it to Planet Crossfire, I explored a

great deal of the portals themselves. Now i'll admit that once I was in each of the portals

I did not do a 100% search of the entire area. I would only scan for planets and either fly

to them or I would fly in an "X" through the system before going onto the next system via a

portal.

As for the ship I used, the BullPup MKIII, I also never said thats the best

ship. Only that after buying a Battleship and then 10 turrents (Damn that cost alot of

credits to do that!) I got the MKIII and in the course of my travels I found the weapons. I

don't think I got that particular weapon you mentioned nor the shield. I did find/buy (I

forget which) a shield that gave me over 8,000 protection. It was a class 10. Is that the

one you meant?

You know, I very much enjoy playing Freelancer & the freedon it

offeres to do anything you want. Also from the other posts here in the forums & on other

sites, the Crossfire Mod, I have read, is even better to play online. I think I will be

giving it a try online.

I hope my experience is just better than the last time I

played it online. There wasn't a cool player to be found ANYWHERE. Just leet players that

made my time playing online an unpleasant one.

Are there any Fighters/Freighters that

1)Look cooler & 2)ARE better than the BullPup MKIII I had? How about weapons? Those I had

(Yes "had", I uninstalled the game) were able to make short work of enemies that I fought

when I took on missions in the Crossfire Planet system. (lvl 45)

One last question,

If I play online & buy a Battleship, can other players land on my ship? Also does the

gameplay itself differ if I play online? I don't mean because there will be actual humans

in the ships, but the game itself. New ships or anything of that type.

Damn, I really

regret now that I uninstall the game...

Thanks for your help.

MRG

1) Story continues how? From the Mod or SP story?
    2) I tried MP a

few times awhile back & just did not care for it. So I don't plan on playing this mod

online.
    3) So, pretty much I have reached the point where I have "Finished" the mod? Only

in the sence that I have explored "Most" of the mod & have pretty much enough credits to buy

what I want.

Well I very much look forward to the next

version.

Thanks!

-MRG

Greetings!

First off let me say that your

Crossfire 1.56 Mod is awesome. It's quite obvious you (devs) took alot of time working on

it.

Now that the Kudo's are done, I do have a question. I looked through the

forums, but did not see any threads that answered my question(s).

1)

Does the Crossfire mod have an ending?

Maybe it's because

I was tired when I read the readme (Either that or i'm just dumb) for the Mod, but I did

not read the part where it said if this Mod has an ending or not. A goal to work towards so

to speak.

I currently have the Bullpup MKIII Freighter (Totally Kickass Ship BTW!)

And she is packing some mean firepower. Found some sweet weapons on an old wreck that does

like 1,650+ DPS. The other Hardpoints are filled in with a mixture of guns that do 900+ DPS

& I also have 3 Nomad guns installed. No, i'm not trying to brag about my ship, only to ask

if there is a point to continue on playing. I have also bought each of the Battleships for

sale at the Crossfire Orbital Shipyard and filled out the Turrents, (Close to a 100 Million

Credits!!) but because each one turned so slow (duh! I know) I reloaded my game and bought

the ship I currently have.

Oh & I only play this game in OpenSP.

Thank you for

your time & again, Awesome job!!

-MRG