Star Wars: Commander

There are 77 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SilverFox.

• without the -

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I made SWAT-Portal group for IOS devices - It got "invaded" somehow on thursday. 27/30 members now :thumbup:

I also wanted to try this on my Windows 10 mobile (Nokia 630 and Windows Insight membership). I ended up in the Windows pc group :S

New on Windows (has been on IOS for more than a month) is Scout Tower, where you can defend your base and get some extra credits or alloys :thankyou:

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• scout tower?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• never seen it

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hmm. It came with last update 3.6.0

Files

9248-cebc88b9.png

• did i forget to update?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• [heading]A short guide[/heading] based on what I think to know about the game.

While base building is certainly an important part of the game you are not able to rely on it. Also the story missions wont get you far if you want to make progress in this game.
    With increasing level the amount of resources you need for building upgrades practically explodes.
    e.g. on lvl7 a simply wall upgrade already costs you 200.000 metal.... on lvl8 the upgrade costs you 500.000.
    Fact however is that on level 7 your metal refineries do 1800 metal per hour. Thats for all 6 refineries 259.200 metal per day.
    With other words on level 7 you could upgrade one wall per day.
    Well... on level 7 you have 80 walls so the upgrade would take you almost 3 months.
    Other buildings are of course more expensive (lvl7 turrets = 500.000 metal).

Thats about the point where the theory meets reality.
    The game is about fighting... and so it happens that you can get attacked by other players 2-6 times a day (in theory... actual numbers of attacks are lower).
    Each time you are potentially risking to loose 10-20% of your resources during these attacks (I dont know the exact numbers but thats what I lose on average).
    So lets assume you have 500.000 metal and get attacked... 20% of that is 100.000 metal. If you get attacked another time that day you will again loose 20% of your resources.
    The more resources you have (need for the next upgrade) the more resources will be lost when you get attacked.
    Eventually you reach the point where you lose more than you can produce per day.
    This will not only slow your progress down... it might even prevent that you make any progress at all.

Whats worse than losing a defense battle?
    Winning one.
    When you lose such a defense battle then you can not be attacked for a specific amount of time by other players.
    This amount of time is between 4 hours and 12 hours (thats why I wrote that in theory you can get attacked 2-6 times a day).
    You are immune to attacks and can restock your resources.
    However, when you win a defense battle it might be that your opponent destroys your resource buildings. This way he/she got your resources... the fight is over... you won... but you wont be save from other attacks. There is no secure time when you win a battle.
    It might be that you get robbed... and 5 minutes later you get robbed again.
    Its a somewhat unfortunate game mechanic.

Let me lose a few words about base design.
    There is absolutely no secure base layout in the game. Pretty much every base can be overrun.
    People can have the best walls and shields which last only a few seconds if the opponent attacks with the right units.
    Ive seen many bases and ive seen many bases being overrun entirely.
    The perfect layout does not exist but there are a few strong layouts.
    It could be good to have base with a wide-spread structure... this way attacking units have to travel long distances and waste lots of time.
    Personally I prefer a dense, compact layout because then I can put all important buildings and also my turrets under the shields. My walls are always outside the shields... this way my shields never take damage when enemy units try to break my walls.
    My HQ is currently shielded by ALL my shield generators.

There are a few base configurations which I personaly dislike.

• There are bases that are build into a corner of the map and then only 2 sides of this base are covered by walls (often double walls). In theory this actually is a good idea since it appears like the only 2 directions from where enemies could attack are now double-walled. The problem is that there is no true corner in which you can place your base. There always is a small thin area where enemies still can deploy their units.
      With other words... these bases can get attacked from behind where there is no protection.
    • Another type of base is when people dont have closed walls. They have multiple rows of walls but between the wall segments there is always a wall missing. Thats a method used to force attacking units to be dropped far away from the base and also will slow down some units. However, many units simply ignore these walls and walk right through the open holes. Its like a fortress where somebody leaves the gates open.
    • Another base design which i consider weak are rectagular shapes which have 2 short sides and 2 long sides of walls. The problem here is the positioning of turrets and shields. Usually I can simply attack on the short side if there is a regular placement of turrets. If short sides are too small it also happens that the shields reach over the walls which make the base vulnerable. If the turrets are placed only at the long edges then the middle part is vulnerable. That base design is in my eyes to vulnerable.

But back to the resource problems.
    One way to counter it would be to play story missions but well, you know that you cant really get much out of it. 5.000 credits and metal here and there (later a bit more). It is simply not enough to pay the bills.
    If you have a Scout tower your base can get attacked 2 times a day by NPCs. You wont lose any resources if you lose that battle or if buildings are destroyed. If you win you get a reward (depening on how good you played). Generally this is a nice idea. Reality however looks a bit less good. The rewards I got were not any good... 30.000 credits or metal usually. During this attack I can use Hero units which cost me 3.150 credits (currently) and after the attack I will have to repair my airstrike traps which costs me ~15.000 metal.
    All in all this scout tower stuff isnt that rewarding eventhough Ive read that on rare occassions people have got technology unlocks and other higher rewards.
    For me it didnt pay out yet.

The only way to really get resources was PVP.

PVP is the main source of resources. Why should you hope to keep your own daily resources if you can take the resources from the imperial scum?
    Same rules that apply to you during a base defense apply to other players when you attack them.
    10-20% of their resources can get looted by you.
    In order to win an attack you will have to earn one star.
    You get one star if you destroy the enemy HQ.
    You get one star if you destroy more than 50% of the enemy base.
    You get the 3rd star if you destroy ALL buildings of the enemy base.
    So... you can get max 3 stars... one star has to be your minimum goal in order to win the battle.
    A 3 star rating for a battle leads to higher rewards of PVP medals and also more points during PVP tournaments.

General PVP Strategies:

• You can see which resources you can loot from other players. You have 30 seconds to decide if you want to attack that player or if you want to switch to another player. Dont attack players which dont have resources. It does not make any sense to attack someone who only has a few thousand credits.
      Players which have more than 20-30k credits and metal are worthy targets for an attack. Some players have 100k+ resources... my best raid was 350k credits + 180k metal + 1.900 contraband.
      So choose battles that are worth to be done.
    • Keep in mind that your units cost credits. You will have to produce them and your raids should at lear cover the costs of your units.
    • Check the enemy defenses during the 30s.
    • When you switch to the next player, keep in mind that every switch costs you 800 credits... switching 100 times to find a good target might probably not be the best idea.
    • If the enemy HQ is not well guarded you might want to attack this first.
    • If resource buildings are not well guarded you might want to attack there first.
    • If shields reach over walls... this might be a good place to attack.
    • Try to get/deploy units behind enemy defenses if possible.
    • Deplay heavy guarded units first so they can attract fire.
    • Attack with a mix of units. You will need units that can take care of turrets (Wookies or IG-227 Hailfire:), you need units which can brind down shields and buildings (Heavy Soldier or Anti-Vehicle Skiff). You also should use Hero units... it depends on the kind of defenses which Hero is best. And very important would be to have a droid that could heal your troops.
    • Keep in mind that your active base protections deplete as soon you attack another player.
    • Also keep in mind that as long you are online you can not be attacked by other players. So do multiple attacks until you have the resources that you need to build or upgrade something and then USE these resources before you logoff.
    • Try to make use of tournaments (they offer extra rewards).
    • Best times to do PVP battles is during the morning hours or late evening (european time). During afternoon and early evening it is harder to find worthy battles. Reason most likey is that in the morning people either still sleep or are at work. During night times players earn lots of resources via their resource buildings.
    • There are more imperial players than rebels. That has the disadvantage that if you are a rebel player your base gets attacked more frequently than an imperial player base. But it also has the advantage that you find alot more worthy imperial targets in PvP.
    • Keep in mind that credits and metal are not the only currency in the game. Sometimes its worth to focus the attack on a contraband safehouse even if that means that you might lose the battle. If you destroy depots you get the content no matter if you win or lose. You need just alone for your first Droideka 12.000 contraband. It is nearly impossible to get that without the kind (forced) support of other imperial bases.

How do tournaments work?
    PVP tournaments are based on your combat performance. With every fight you win you get tournament points.
    The more points you earn the higher is your ranking.
    With increasing ranking you automatically enter different tournament leaues.
    By default you start in the "Carbonit Division III". If you have earned enough points to belong to the best 80% of the PVP players during that tournament you will automatically join the "Carbonit Division II".
    If you belong to the best 50% you are in the "Carbonit Division I"... 40% is "Durasteal Division III".. 30% is "Durasteal Division II"... 20% is "Durasteal Division I".
    After that the top leagues start.
    The best 10% players get into the Broncium league, the best 5% into the Obsidian league and the best 2% get into the Ultrachrome league.
    Each league provides better bonus rewards for every won PVP battle.
    Currently I belong to the best 0.5% of the currently running tournament on Tattoine. So I am in the Top 2% Ultrachrome league and get for every won battle 5.100 credits, 5.100 metal and 50 contraband as a bonus reward. When the tournament is over (in 1 day) I get an additional reward depending in which league I am. That final reward is dependent on the tournament and Planet. Currently I would get 32x rebel vanguards. But I have seen that some tournaments even offer technology unlocks.

What are Objectives?
    Each planet has objectives to be done for a limited amount of time. When that time is up the objectives change. Max 3 objectives can be done during one period.
    Objectives could be to produce a specific amount of units or to destroy a specific amount of buildings... or... or ... or...
    There are different rewards based on how difficult the objectives are.
    Its often good to take a look at these objectives since more are prety easy to be done and offer good rewards.

Well, thats about it.
    Good luck.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Edited once, last by Martind Forlon ().

• IOS team update:
    A Squad War is started and begins in 1 hour 30 minutes against 502SithRegiment! Each team has 45 attacks available.
    For starting a Squad War you need 15 members above HQ level 5 (reached 48 hours ago) and this team is full atm, as there are 30 team members atm.
    The teams seems pretty even, so it's perhaps a matter of skills.

In War: The one who looses less, is the winner :)

9248-cebc88b9.png

• metal is the easy task... credits is hard

however... yes regulary playing is required
    even if you play at daytimes when the rewards from attacking other players is not that high (lets say 20k metal and credits) you can get to the resources if you play often enough

20k credits is mostly enough to cover the costs of an attack (producing troops)
    and for 750.000 metal upgrades you would need to do 38 attacks
    if you do 10 attacks per hour (possible) then you will need 4 hours (probably less since you also gain resources from your resource buildings)

gaining credits is the real problem
    because while attacks dont cost you any metals they will cost you credits to construct units... and therefore you need to get more credits from an attack than you have to spend to rebuild your troops
    for metal its easy... if you only get 5000 metal on an attack you have gained a total amount of 5000 additional metal
    for credits it looks different... if you only get 5000 credits and have to spend 20.000 credits for new troops then you effectively lost 15.000 credits on the attack.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• but winning of course also isnt a bad idea coz of the bonus during tournaments

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I have started a Squad War for the Windows team. It can be very lucrative, as lastest rewards at IOS Team was 1 mill. credits.
    Squad War is held on Sullust and you have to ask for extra troops for this event. Each player has 3 uplinks which the opponent team has to destroy to gather points.
    Windows Squad War has 5 players (IOS 15 players) and 3 attacks each. Factory Outposts can be captured and be a great help against opponent, but will count as an attack.

I have attached some pictures about our team and opponent "stormtroopers" team. We will need some luck to win this one.

Files

9248-cebc88b9.png

• ive no idea how that works

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,