Interstellar

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• since i'll go on an interstellar-movie-mission (link) to cinema this evening , i'll miss this event. good luck then in IC and have fun :)

Edit by Wanderer

This was initially posted in another thread: IOC Expeditions
    ... and moved here to be continued as a separate topic.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

Edited 2 times, last by (IOC)Wanderer ().

• interestellar was a nightmare for me to watch
    in my eyes the movie is not only predictable like hell... its also an insult for modern science

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well, for me it was firstly about people rather than science. And what I liked most is HOW the movie is done, so much different from all other stuff one can see in cimenas today.
    (Maybe that was so striking for me because I watched only cinema movies lately...)

- Wanderer -

• ok, so i watched the movie and ... i liked the music :)

some things are really crap: why is a 10 years old Indian drone flies above America? all humans are really dieing out due to some mildew? why didn't they send probes to the other planets instead of humans? Is Brand really was alone now on a planet to build up a new human colony with the thousands of embryos? and if u really want to make artificial gravity by rotating the spaceship with a diameter of max. 50m, what do u think must be the angle-velocity to gain a force of 1 G (easy to calculate)? is it logical to send a human to a planet near a black hole? is it so easy to escape from a black hole as shown in the movie?

but the drama itself, the relation between father and daughter, was heart rending.

all in all, still don't know if i like this film. it has some nice moments, yes, but many things are really annoying.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

Edited once, last by AZ09 ().

• well... at least the music was good

the rest is a scientific horror movie
    flying into a black hole.... transdimensional beings (humans)... the fact that gravimetric anomalies were reported elsewhere but the main character never had caused them unlike the incidents with the books

planets orbiting a black hole?
    -> massive gravitation... where was it?
    -> no gamma rays?
    -> no magnetic field?
    -> where did all the light on the planet surface actually come from? (if the answer is "black hole" then i would point to the lack gamma rays again)

they fly to other star systems but have nothing against mildew..... really?
    and not a single plant on this planet has a natural resistance?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• you dont see gamma rays, gamma is radiation and you cant see them in the visual light range. Havent seen it but it depends how big that black hole was, not all black holes would have an affect on planets (but i assume it was that big that it actually should have). Bioluminescence can be caused by chemical reactions, must not be caused from radiation or anything else, we have that on our planet too :)

Wanted to look this movie, but missed it until now :(

signature.png

• well.... on the planet there was sunlight

and of course you dont see gamma rays.... but you also dont survive them
    before you even get in range of a black hole you would start to look like this:

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,