Sirius Colony Year 2999

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Nomad Buster.

• It has been nearly fourteen years

since the discovery of the Nomadic system dubbed X-3034. It has only been six years since

the opening of a dimentional rift in Sol. Behind it was our most deadly enemy besides the

Nomads, the Coalition. The Coalition, or know as the Eastern Republic to most historians,

were merciless thugs that formed into a military headed by the sadistic Admiral Kulov. The

first twelve years of the conflict wavered in the favor of the Alliance after they wiped out

all Coalition forces from the outer territories of Jupitor, Saturn, and Pluto, as well as

their forward command station along with the dreaded Admiral Kulov and the Coalition

top-guns the Black Guard.

Then at the year 2099, the Alliance fell. It launched 90%

of its forces in the five sleeperships that we all know by heart. The forces reached the

safety of Sirius and we all distanced from each other and formed the four houses of Sirius.

Nomads supposivly came and wiped out all humans given the data by Atticus Brockford. Later,

in SCY 2900 the Nomadic forces found Sirius once again and waged all out genocide on the

human forces. After ten long years of silent suffering, the Order, unbeknownced to the

pubic, pushed the Nomad forces out of the area, and into the Dyson Sphere and other

contained regions. For sixty years we were at peace.

Then when freelancer Jack

Blinch was on a routine patrol for the Zoners, who wanted to expand more into the fringe due

to the increasing population in the Border Worlds, found Sol, he also stumbled upon a

dimentional rift. He took the coordinates and his navmap, with his personal log entries to

the data, and scattered them across Sirius. Several ships heard rumors, and hunted down the

data. Presented the data by freelancer Fredrick Dowes, the Order took immediate action to

explore. Deploying several dreadnaughts to the outskirts of it they sent several scout

probes and ships to come back with haunting data, Nomads. Even worse news was seen when they

explored more into the new systems.

A rouge Liberty historian made his way to the

exploration deck and saw one thing needed to give him a heart attack: a Coalition warp gate.

With only the Order carrier Isis returning, the Order suspected a new rival force. Calling

up old favors and pulling strings in the Liberty Navy, a secret meeting took place with all

the House leaders including the new Order leader, in Omicron Gamma on the hidden navy lab

base deep inside Cela Dor

The four houses devised a plan: reunite the Sirius houses

under one old banner, the Alliance Eagle, the once proud navy that stood up against dooming

odds. Although the navy is not yet repaired and united, the squadrons of the houses had

adopted the name of the Alliance Star Fleet, or simply put, ASF. When word leaked a month

later, the long lost brothers and sisters of the Hispania thought that this would not come

out wonderful for them in the future. Calling themselves the CSF, or Confederate Strike

Force, they used hit and run tactics in hopes of shattering the newly formed and unstable

Crossfire government that is in charge of rebuilding the fleet. They declared war on SCY

2988, and since then losses have been sever due to the skill of both sides being

equal.

A week from now is the 3rd anniversery of the offical revival of the Alliance

military. All Alliance personel have been given a weeks shore leave on the beautiful planet

of New Berlin and Hamburg.

--to be continued-

• "The planet New Berlin, it never gets as lush

as it does this season. As we head into the third millenia and the 12th year of war against

the Confederate forces, officals say that the war seems to be turning in their favor. As

more and more borderworld systems and factions fall under the hand of the CSF, Liberty

Secertary of Trade John Wolfcot states and we quote:

'If more and more systems fall

under the hand of the enemy, we will be severly hampered by the lack of imports and the

income of exports to the borderworlds. Luckly the Junkers have stayed neutral as they have

always done and are our only source of small quantites of rare materials such as the ores

that can be exploited for a precious substance needed for our cruiser cores and then can be

smelted into armor.'

Also Admiral Dickson of the Alliance Northern fleet reported

during the Baden Baden Conference last week that because of the borderworld losses to the

Alliance, the inner colonies are now boxed in, thwarding any help from the Sol

government.

On to squadron news. The 67th Jaguars have crippled an enemy shipyard and

lost two wingmen. The 526nd bomber squad, the Spirits, have destroyed Confederate Base, Zulu

Tango Nine, codenamed Defiant's Hammer, in the covert Operation: Beggar. Alliance aces, the

12th Rattlesnakes and the 53rd Ghosts, along with the base carriers Victory, Star Drifter,

and the Fall of Tides layed waste to the heavily guarded weapons cache base on a newly found

planet in Tau-43. The stealth cruiser ANS Spector was destroyed today as multiple hull

breaches formed when they ran into a cloaked minefield allowed a large group of CSF fighters

to enter her combat perimeter without being hit by her main gun. Her captain detonated the

self-destruct and caused the entire minefield, spanning across a wide portion of Omega-19,

to go up in a massive fireball. No survivors are suspected to have survived from both sides.

A new rookie squadron has formed, the 89th Slip Fighters. Though they are not expertly

expirenced as the Vegabonds in long ranged attacks, they have shown hidden skill in the

simpods and long ranged combat on pirate outposts. Lets just hope these rookies dont have

their thumbs up there as--", suddenly a boot came flying across the room and hit the monitor

square in the control panel and sent it sputtering off with a show of sparks.

"Damn

reporters...." muttered a Texan in the background.
    "I hear ya, Fox-man. Damn liberals."

snorted a pudgy guy half-asleep.
    "Hey 'Die Drooler' that aint a liberal...those are the

jerks who live half-way near the planet's core to protect themselves from an expected enemy

attack that somehow is going to get pasted the minefield, through thirteen Class A Super

Battleships with about six hundred top of the class combat aces, and then past super-heated

magnetic plasma cannons, and not to mention enough planetary anti-air power to blow up the

moon and still have a few for a Forth of July parade!"
    "Oy, Trafalgar, Dice

Roller....will you tossers knock it off? I'm trying to get some bloody sleep and your

talking about things that dont even make sense....damn wankers."
    "Sorry 007.", quipped

Trafalgar.
    "Its Basher! Jesus Christ and the Holy Mary we've been together for eight

stinkin' months and you haven't even remembered my name, least alone my

CALLSIGN!?"
    "Hey, privates! Knock it off, the cap'n can hear you even without the comm

link.", ordered a uniformed officer as he rose from a porthole containing the latter to the

lower deck.
    "Yes, Lt. Silvers. But even you can't help but argue against the media for

calling us a bunch of wankers, as Basher would say.", countered the Texan.
    Silvers

shifted on his feet slightly, "Your right Brooks...well I do have some shoreleave coming up

and I have clearance enough to fly a Shroud....hmm.....hehe, keep watching the news boys,

just keep watching."

As Silvers waddled down the latter Trafalgar rested his head

back and looked at the men around him. The men of the 89th Slip Fighters, Beta-flight, a

team of men that could show up anywhere, anytime. I am Trafalgar. I am the second in command

of Beta and since all we do is go against old Liberty Rouges....we arent called much. I grew

up on the now gone Junker base Trafalgar depot...hence the callsign.

Thats Curtis

Bashfield, the black guy over there...he's from Britonia, as if you can't tell from his

accent. His callsign is Basher, not because of his last name, but because he loves

explosions...thats why he is the bomber lead of Beta...only reason he is in this flight is

because he has trouble following orders. We met on Leeds when he was off on one of his

pleasure runs blowing up old Molly ships with only a bit of C4 and Mox...bastard nearly blew

my head off!

And as if he read my mind Basher looked my way, "It wasn't my fault!

How was I supposed to know you were there?"

"I told you: 'Bash, I'm going to go

near the ship and take a piss. Dont blow it up till I'm back.' "

"Eh?....oh yeah!!

Sorry mate..."

That squeaky bunk over there makes the bed for the Bradley twins. John

and Rusty. They are both from Liberty and grew up on Houston. Because of being brothers and

being from the Texas system their callsigns were given to them from an old Terran band:

Brooks for John, and Dunn for Rusty. They head up the heavy ordinance fighters...mostly

missles, mines, just stuff to ignite the vastness of space with the contrails of missles and

debris.

The fat man sleeping in the corner is Mark Gunnery, callsign Dice-Roller.

Gambler, hustler, best damn simpod arena dogfighter in the Alliance. He is the leader of

Beta and only takes his senority with us in space...otherwise we'd munity.

The ship

we are in is called the Star Ocean. It was a luxery liner before the on-set of the war with

the Confederates and has now been christened into the Alliance. Though it wouldnt stand a

direct attack we consider it the safest home we have. We were living a quiet war. An

occasional pirate counter attack, more training, nothing bad was happening to us. But we the

captain started to look gloomy and depressed, we knew everything was going to

change.

All of a sudden the alarms rang.

"All hands battlestations."

• i didn`t say ''f u

''...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• The halls of the liner were cramped. Wires,

hull plating, and scattered pieces of equipment layed all about the decks, making it seem

like an obstacle course. As he ran to the emergency briefing room, Trafalgar wondered what

Orbital Spa and Cruise would think of their former luxery cruiser. From out in space it

looked more like a crab-shaped debris with tenticales all over. With thirteen launch bays,

two emergency hangars, and countless troop pod quarters, it was a sight to behold. Three

times the size of an ancient aircraft carrier yet only the armor of five gunboats.

As

Trafalgar entered the briefing room archway he was greeted by Captain Harris, a short, pudgy

old man whos military carrier wasnt the brightest. He only has two Rheinland cruiser kills

when Britona and the Fatherland were having some major political turmoil a few years back.

He was finally busted down for insuborination and retreating against orders.

"Ah,

welcome Junker," Harris gave a quick and informal salute and went back to his pipe, "We have

a code violet."
    "Violet, sir? Isnt that for only for possible HQ destruction?"
    "Yes

Trafalgar, it is. We have recieved satallite photography of a contingent of the Confederate

14th Fleet."
    "The 14th.....isn't that the old Ice Pirate branch?"
    "Yes it is, and

they have found an old wormhole that the navy used to use to transport top secret goods

before the Nomadic War. The fleet is now only seven hundred kilometers from Planet

Crossfire."
    "What?"
    "Yes, they got past our defenses and found our fifth jumpgate hub.

I've just found out that they are the fighters that have been destroying our bases and

convoys so far into our own space."
    "Which squadrons of the Ice Pirates are we dealing

with?"
    "The Jades, the Stingers, and the infamous Blade Runners. Your old friends, I

assume?"
    "Yes...the times change though. The old IP order has crumbled. Its mostly just a

bunch of impatient jump jocky recruits. So when do we leave?"
    "You guys launch now. You

will be joined by the Vegabonds and the long range fighters of Base Ithica III. The Star

Ocean will group up with the Bremen II, the Lance Caster, and the HGRS."
    "The HRGS? Whats

a hypergate research ship got to do with this?"
    "I'm not sure, either bait of those tank

brains on Cela Dor have new toys with us to tinker with."
    "Very well sir, good luck and

stay clear of those Mark fours."
    "We will, this thing isnt the prettiest but she has more

turning power. Good luck son."

The Chaos scenes will be posted next....havent

gotten that far into the writing yet :D

• Jibbous paced about the deck waiting for the

commander. Xiron was always late; he took too much time tinkering with his neural holograms.

The more he waited the less time he was out in the field,and also the less time he had to

catch up with the infamous Ice Pirates. He had dispatched them to distract the fleets of

Crossfire and strike three strategic targets deep within their space. A moral blow no doubt,

but it would never get out into the media, not unless his own secondary objective is

met.

A set of foot steps became louder and then a figure stood at the doorway staring

at the tall pilot, "Wandering in your own hellish thoughts again Jib?"

"Hmm? Oh,

sorry sir, just thinking about my mission."
    "An important one indeed. Run it by me again,

Farad didn't give me much details."

"As soon as the Blade Runners jump in via the

old jumpholes they are to proceed to checkpoint charlie and take out the early warning sats.

Their cloaks should hold up. As soon as that's done they are to head for Objective

Blackout. At that point the Jades and Stingers are to move in with the Blades and obliterate

the mine generators. We then have a window of 5 minutes to cruise through the mines while

the rippers create a rift in the field for our capitol ships to arrive."

"But then

why the Dark Sickness?"
    "We plan to take out the Class A cap ships with

atomics."
    "Atomics?"
    "Yes, and if it doesn't take out the capitol ships then the

atomics will take care of the fighters."
    "And then the cannons?"
    "We use the asteroid

field for cover."
    "But how are you going to take the planet?"
    "Who said Farad wanted

to take it?"

~~~~

"This is the beta flight of the 89th, Vegabonds, reporting

for duty."
    "About time, the IP are on the move, prepare for jump."
    "Jump coordinates

set, we are prepared to move out."
    "Vegabonds, Slipfighters! The IP have deactivated the

minefield!"
    "Fuck! Slips move out!"

• "SF Beta 1-2 to Vegabond

Alpha 1-1. Callsign Trafalgar. Mind if we switch to private comms?"
    A few blipping and

clicking sounds chirped over the comm line and the Vegabond pilot responded, "Go ahead

Commander Baldwin."
    "If you don't mind me asking sir, what is the purpose of the

HGRS?"
    "It will enable the capitol ships to provide ultimate quick assistance to our

forces."
    "How sir?"
    "You'll see, but hopefully the enemy forces won't call for

it."
    "Commander Horus, we are nearing our objective point.", butted in another

Vegabond.
    "Good luck out there Junker. Horus out." The private comm ended and Horus piped

up the open link, "All ships, exit warp space now and target the nearest pirate. Time to

kick some IP ass."

~~~

Klaxons around the Ice Pirate cruiser Gargoyle

sprang to life as the Alliance figthers appeared from warpspace.

"Hmm, Vegabonds,

Crossfire LRF's, and the 89th. And look at this sir, scans show someone you might

know."
    "Who Gosti?"
    "Baldwin, Admiral Fragless."
    "Him? I thought he died! Damn that

Pandora! She must have joined our legions to bust him out of our hands."
    "Even so sir,

that's him. What are your orders?"
    "....Activate all aft batteries and missle pods.

Release the mines, and retreat to nav three to regroup with the main battlefleet. More

forces are surely on their way."
    "And our fighters?"
    "Emergency scramble, but hold

their launch."
    "You do know sir that this is a direct violation of our orders?"
    "Yes,

however Jibbous means well for our destruction. Why surrender so easily to him, or drop my

honor to our Alliance enemies?"
    "Very well sir. Helmsman, lay in a new course, south east

by east back to nav three. Communications, scramble our pilots and warn the battlefleet.

Weapons control, arm the nukes and lay a mine net."
    "This will be a black day for us

all."

~~~~

"Horus, we got a cruiser on a retreat course!"
    "That's the

Gargoyle , if I remember from my past then Fragless is most definatly aboard that

ship."
    "Slips, Vegabonds, we got incoming min--" The pilot didnt get a chance to finish

his last words as his ship rammed into a tri-ripper mine.
    "Pilots, evasive manuevers!

Call the HGRS to get us out of here!"
    "Sir, comms are jammed, we're alone!"
    "Ahhh!"

Another pilot bought the farm.
    "No! Noo!" Mines started to multiply as fast as

jackrabbits.
    "Sir, we have to jump!"
    "But to where?"
    "Anywhere.....ahhh!" The

Vegabonds were dwindling down in numbers.
    "......Activate warp drives!"

Trafalgar

punched the drive and then blacked out when he forgot to set the velocity limit for warp.

• Jib checked out the last specs for the fleet and nodded to himself, "General Xiron, main power cores are online and operational."
    "Very well Jibbous, oy uhave permission to proceed. Intellegence from a short tach-band tells us that the IP fleet is under attack."
    "Any idea who sir?"
    "Nope, we only know that they are warp fighters."
    "Very well, the Undertaker fleet is ready and we are jumping out." Jib switched to the fleet wide comms and barks last minute orders, "Undertaker fleet, this will be a glorious day for us all. Jump in 3..2..1..now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are we?" Basher asked over the open comms.
    "No clue. Dice-Roller to Trafalgar, we need a long range scan."

Trafalgar was woozy and floating somewhere in his mind. He thought he heard a voice inside his head but he shut it out and tried to pull himself together. But as the voice got louder and louder, something else dwarfed it. He opened his eyes and focused on an object right in front of his face.

"....a Nomad?" No one had ever survived a Nomad encounter except the Order, but there was one right inches in front of his face. Trafalgar waited for it to release it's paracidic viens into his brain and take over his soul, but none never came. He focused on it more and studied it.

"Humanoid....like a mermaid!" Trafalgar thought.

The "female" inched a few inches away and...smiled? He couldn't tell if it was a mocking smile, a devious smile, or just a lovely smile. He reached over to the emergency comms line to warn his comrades but he only felt emptiness. He looked down at it and saw that he wasn't in his ship, not even in his body! He started freaking and turned his head in front of him to see the Nomad floating a couple feet away.

"Is this some Nomad trick, bitch?" The female frowned and started "swimming" away from him.

"Come back here, bitch, and tell me what's going on!"

she did nothing, she just kept swimming on, leaving Trafalgar alone, thinking about how to get back into his body.

Then she finally peered over her shoulder and a bright flash of light overcame Trafalgar and he winced as the most irritating sound rang in his head.

"Trafalgar we need your fucking sensors you damned bastard!"

"Gah, fuck off, the jump knocked me out. Scanning now..." Trafalgar switched off the input for the comms unit and sat thinking while the scanners worked their magic.

"Who was she?"

• Damn! Trafalgar, you missed a great opprotunity to find out how Nomads have sex.
    and did you say "humanoid like a mermaid"?
    tell me more, tell me more, please.
    great story so far m8, keep it up.

oh and the Avatar is an Australian Leafy Sea Draggon, not a Nomad!

If things don't change, they'll stay the same.
    Then who the hell you going to blame, for not getting any better.

Resistance is Fertile !!!

Fly with Honor , Try with Honor , Die with Honor ![